4 3.4%

11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
I just listened to Running on Air, because I was googling for "Verona" from Estonia for some weird reason.

Running on air really was a boring song, but the problem is, it reminds me a lot of Alive. Vincent is even less charismatic than Nathan, who came across as fake and cheesy. There is a good chance that Alive will be saved by the juries, because the competition this year is so weak. But I wouldn't be surprised if that is not enough. I can't predict a good televote result here at all. 15th in the televote in the Semi, especially when it performs early in the running. 6th with juries. Televoters even rejected the fantastic Nobody But You in the Grand Final, which performed too early anyways.

Ezio

Veteran
American youtuber Alesia Michelle hates it. Calls it derivative and should not take away the spot from another country which deserves it more.

Iker

Veteran
I just listened to Running on Air, because I was googling for "Verona" from Estonia for some weird reason.

Running on air really was a boring song, but the problem is, it reminds me a lot of Alive. Vincent is even less charismatic than Nathan, who came across as fake and cheesy. There is a good chance that Alive will be saved by the juries, because the competition this year is so weak. But I wouldn't be surprised if that is not enough. I can't predict a good televote result here at all. 15th in the televote in the Semi, especially when it performs early in the running. 6th with juries. Televoters even rejected the fantastic Nobody But You in the Grand Final, which performed too early anyways.

The song is though much better than Nathan Trent's entry imho.

crashworld

Veteran
American youtuber Alesia Michelle hates it. Calls it derivative and should not take away the spot from another country which deserves it more.

Even though I am not a fan of Austria's song, but her double-standards are too obvious. It's clear she dislikes the song. Why not just outrightly says she dislikes it? She also said she likes Sweden's song and they can win. But isn't Sweden's entry equally a derivative/unoriginal/generic gospel-influenced track? So if by her definition that a song should not qualify just because it's a derivative, then Sweden's song should also not qualify.

crashworld

Veteran

Actually, I do see some remnants of Nathan in Vincent. But the difference is Nathan is at least likeable and a very charismatic performer whereas Vincent does come across like a try-hard which could irk people.

Ezio

Veteran
I am not a fan of Alesia Michelle at all, she appears conceited and above the rest. However I think she is right about Vincent. Obviously a false person she is when she praises the Swedish entry, but well, she has an accreditation to lose for Melfest 2021.

Ezio

Veteran
Actually, I do see some remnants of Nathan in Vincent. But the difference is Nathan is at least likeable and a very charismatic performer whereas Vincent does come across like a try-hard which could irk people.

Nathan is equally a try hard, but at least he has some strains of personality.

Lindon

But most of the reactions are like this:

But surely nobody has the exquisite and objective taste like Alesia.

Last edited:

Lindon

Last edited:

Lindon

Exclusive embedded on this forum

So this was made under "live" conditions, a one-off, no retakes.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Let's get real. A positive reaction does not translate into votes. Noosh's reaction was the most positive I have seen on youtube, and yet she had far more positive and even ecstatic reactions for other songs. She is thrilled about Russia. Who is thrilled by Austria? Who's gonna vote for this inoffensive, derivative song?

Here is the answer:

SDKQU9J.png

People agree this song is not worth 0 points, but 12 points neither. So, this means last place at Eurovision.

Ezio

Veteran

Realest

Juries should give him 100-150 Points and save him from a Debacle. Televote will be 0-20 in the Final.

Ezio

Veteran
Juries should give him 100-150 Points and save him from a Debacle. Televote will be 0-20 in the Final.

There is too much competition for 100-150 jury points and I doubt juries fall for him in the first place. Semifinal 2 looks manageable, but I would not be shocked if he does not pull through. ORF thinks this is a televoting friendly song and not jury bait. Well then...

Ezio

Veteran
Wiwibloggs is not convinced. William always tries to be positive because he wants interviews later but Deban did not mince words. "Borderline qualifier" at best. Song is "pedestrian", misses the "magical dust".

Zonne147

I don't get the hate behind this song... ESC is not all about "weirdness" and "uniqueness" but also about current and nice generic songs

I think this song is a good one, very well-produced and catchy. Hope Vincent delivers vocally, this deserves to qualify. Unfortunately I see sth like Nathan Trent happening and it will be another Austrian entry underrated by the televote...

Last edited:

Datura

i don't like her nor her reviews, but here i agree with what she said. i think our / the austrian song is just damn unoriginal. if it was in semi1 it had absolutely no chance at all imo.

Ezio

Veteran
I don't get the hate behind this song... ESC is not all about "weirdness" and "uniqueness" but also about current and nice generic songs

I think this is one is a good generic one, very well-produced and catchy. Hope Vincent delivers vocally, this deserves to qualify. Unfortunately I see sth like Nathan Trent happening and it will be another Austrian entry underrated by the televote...

Of course Eurovision needs nice songs. But nice doesn't cut it. So let's appreciate ourselves for having a nice entry.

Top Bottom