11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Just like the German one?

btw you're right. it's not the song that matters, but what you do with it. :)

Decent staging can salvage "Alive" from a certain NQ status, especially in that weak NF. I do worry about Vincent's charisma tho. "Alive" is a pretty upbeat song with a positive message. Is it really *that* difficult to muster a smile?

Nemo89

I don't seem to get you. Could you look at me one more time before you walk away and explain that sentence to me, please?

You yourself gave 7 points to Austria and #14 in your personal ranking. That means 0 points from Italy's biggest fan for Alive ;-)
To say that a song is underrated does not mean that that song must necessarily go into "Top 10". I don't see anything wrong. The time changes tastes but I put Austria, if I remember correctly, on fourteenth of forty-one songs. For the "Top 10" there are stronger songs. You would say with a sure voice that alive deserves the "Top 10". Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, aren't you the one who gave 12 points to France? I respect everyone's tastes but 12 points to France is from capture and imprisonment in a criminal asylum.

Ezio

Veteran
To say that a song is underrated does not mean that that song must necessarily go into "Top 10". I don't see anything wrong. The time changes tastes but I put Austria, if I remember correctly, on fourteenth of forty-one songs. For the "Top 10" there are stronger songs. You would say with a sure voice that alive deserves the "Top 10". Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, aren't you the one who gave 12 points to France? I respect everyone's tastes but 12 points to France is from capture and imprisonment in a criminal asylum.

OK. I get now that you don't get me. I don't predict Austria in the Top 10, nor do I want Austria in the Top 10 with THAT song. But there are too many people saying "likey likey" but then they won't vote for it, because they have 13 songs they like better. And that is proof to my prediction that Austria will suck with the televotes. Noosh won't vote for it, you won't and I of course certainly wouldn't.

If Austria ends up being in the Final then France will outperform Austria by infinite percentage of televotes, because France serves the 3 big L's; Life, Love and Lust. This song is exactly what I wanted from Sweden in 2018 and I am happy it arrived at last this year. The voice is beautiful, the song is warm and cuddly and makes me feel so good when I listen to it.

Nemo89

OK. I get now that you don't get me. I don't predict Austria in the Top 10, nor do I want Austria in the Top 10 with THAT song. But there are too many people saying "likey likey" but then they won't vote for it, because they have 13 songs they like better. And that is proof to my prediction that Austria will suck with the televotes. Noosh won't vote for it, you won't and I of course certainly wouldn't.

If Austria ends up being in the Final then France will outperform Austria by infinite percentage of televotes, because France serves the 3 big L's; Life, Love and Lust. This song is exactly what I wanted from Sweden in 2018 and I am happy it arrived at last this year. The voice is beautiful, the song is warm and cuddly and makes me feel so good when I listen to it.
I understand what you write but why consider a failure not to enter the "Top 10" or not to win the ESC? A failure is not to qualify for the final or to finish twenty-fifth in the final. For me, your song is the fourteenth out of forty-one (this means that it is a beautiful song). Then the European public will decide. I am just one of many people.

Now let's examine why Austria is not receiving many votes: you have a good song but it doesn't have the originality of the other catchy songs. I am speaking of originality and not of beauty. Your song has nothing to envy to Israel, Ukraine and Russia but compared to these Alive is weaker. I'm sorry, Ezio. However, you must know that I have loved Conchita, Cesar and Nathan.

Ezio

Veteran
I am not begging for votes, LOL. Alive is a nice crap and will receive zero televotes. No matter if it is 13th or 41th in someone's personal charts. In order to receive votes, it must be someone's favourite. That's not the case, that is why it will do what a nice inoffensive song is supposed to do - to flop.

Sammy

Veteran
Paenda had a stand-out song that was unfortunately hated by many insensible fans, but Limits was ART. I dare say it is probably my favourite Austrian song of all times (battling it out with Zoe). Unfortunately her live performance was a car crash although Marvin Dietmann did a great job as stage designer.

But, Alive is not a stand-out song. It is a safe mediocre, slightly annoying background music that would be played all day on Ö3. And we all know how Austria does with safe songs. Ask the Makemakes (who were stellar imho), Nataliá Kelly, Nathan Trent, Eric Papilaya, Manuel Ortega. Nice and safe sucks for Austria, because we have no one to tap for televotes. We are not Russia who can perform a bland song of peace and get a Top 10 result with it. We have to bring it like ievery fricking year, otherwise Belgian waffles and Swiss cheese will have a good laugh watching us suck.

Austria has to take a risk in order to do well at Eurovision, that is why Paenda makes me proud. I'd rather have Hyäne Fischer at ESC than Vincent Bueno.
I should have been more clear. My post was not a judgement on the quality of the songs, but on the way they're performing in fan-polls.

Franzilein

Him singing "shots" sounds so much like "Schatz" and I just can't :ROFLMAO:

Lindon

Deleted.

Last edited:

Lindon

Now I get it. Vincent has written the song for next year's contest

You make me feel alive
You make me feel like I'm alive again, alive again
Only you can make me feel alive again, alive again

MalagaToledo

Banned
Vincent is one lucky man, isn't he. He already confirmed that he hopes he will get back at ESC 2021, says he has new plans and has thanked orf TV, and Austrian hod for selecting him. Most likely alive won't be their song

Sammy

Veteran
new artist and song for esc2021 please
Artists that really "burned" for Eurovision did well in the Contest for Austria. Nathan, Zoe, Conchita, Cesár. This statement sounds like Vincent just did it to push his career and didn't really care for the event itself. That's a "Make-makes-Attitude" and we know where this led to... Eberhard Forcher should choose someone different.

Lindon

Last man standing :)

gingerale

If you consider the 2020 shortlist for Austrias Entry it looks like they have a really hard time to find good Artists who are willing to compete at Eurovision.

Top Bottom