As dritë nuk kam
Zoti nuk ma fal
T'thirra por sot nuk kam
Lotët mbledhur në dorë
Të ndryshkur janë​

Last edited by a moderator:

Yazy

I have to disagree with you.

I think it sounds different to Albania's previous entries. It's not a usual type of ballad and different to 2020, 2016. It's not a rock entry like in 2018, 2013, it's not artsy-fartsy like 2012 or a modern pop entry like 2015.

I honestly don't get such comments. Of course, everyone is entitled to have an opinion on this but to me, not all ethno-influenced songs performed by vocally strong female artists sound the same.

Albania got more diversity in their NF than Germany, Sweden, Denmark in the last years, imo - also regarding Eurovision entries.
You have to realize that when I imply that we heard it "over and over" I´m not talking about the genre or melody.

I´m talking about the concept of a female soloist that performs the song in a dramatic, somewhat aggressive, voice-showcase interpretation with a dramatic mood that is prevalent in the background.

Not counting the rock entries from 2013 and 2018, all their other entries since 2011 had that vibe going on.

They came in different genres, but the recurring concept was there.

2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020 and finally 2021 - female soloist, dramatic mood, theatrical interpretation with voice showcase - all checked!

Yes, I included 2015 and 2016. Original version of 2016 fits the bill before they completely changed its genre into the Pop/RnB version. The ballad that won FIK 2015, once again, also fits the concept before they decided to go with a new song in the end.

As for what you said about Albania having more variety in their selection than some other countries - I can stand behind that.
That IS in fact one of the reasons why I´m not content with this choice.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
Now Rame Lahaj is a husband material, I am in love with his ranking only except for the number one. I wonder what Sardi did to get highest points from him.

Look at the rest tho
2- Era Rusi
3- Mirud (The only juror who didnt rank him in bottom 5, whoah)
4- Xhesika Polo
5- Rosela

1576679397_Rame_Lahaj.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Now Rame Lahaj is a husband material, I am in love with his ranking only except for the number one. I wonder what Sardi did to get highest points from him.

Look at the rest tho
2- Era Rusi
3- Mirud (The only juror who didnt rank him in bottom 5, whoah)
4- Xhesika Polo
5- Rosela

1576679397_Rame_Lahaj.jpg

Woah, he's hot but my favourite is the charming Prec Zogaj who placed Xhesika Polo 3rd (like seriously, only one of two to put her top 3!?) and he was the only jury member with the knowledge that Inis' song wasn't good enough this year, thus placing it near his bottom.

Prec-Zogaj-portret.jpg

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Woah, he's hot but my favourite is the charming Prec Zogaj who placed Xhesika Polo 3rd (like seriously, only one of two to put her top 3!?) and he was the only jury member with the knowledge that Inis' song wasn't good enough this year, thus placing it near his bottom.

Prec-Zogaj-portret.jpg

It all did result, however, in Xhesika coming 7th, which is the most iconic place to finish in Fik. It's where songs like "Qetësisht," "Pse prite gjatë," and the greatest Fik entry of all time, Rezarta Smaja's "Më rrëmbe," have wound up.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It all did result, however, in Xhesika coming 7th, which is the most iconic place to finish in Fik. It's where songs like "Qetësisht," "Pse price gjatë," and the greatest Fik entry of all time, Rezarta Smaja's "Më rrëmbe," have wound up.

That's very true and oh my goodness, Më rrëmbe xheart but Xhesika just deserved so much more though. Everything about those performances gave me Festivali i kenges winner vibes.

Gentleman

Era Rusi – “Zjarri im” was better. But i hope Gjoni win.

Fluke

It's somehow both too experimental and too conservative....

Loindici

Veteran
Who is Edmund Zhulali and what was he thinking ranking Era Rusi last!?!?!

Isn't Edmond Z the one composing Kejsi's song in 2009?

BUT HE GAVE XHESIKA 3RD!!!

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Nobody will mention this but there were no mentioned about Last year winner Arilena Ara what's so ever....

"There is no FiK winner in 2020."
Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-2.14-City-of-Walls-and-Secrets-960x700.jpg

I'm very gobsmacked that Gjergj ended up 16th; I figured if Sardi could place top 3, then maybe Gjergj could land somewhere in the top 10. Didn't expect Uncle Viktor to place so high (higher than Rosela and Xhesika, no less!)

mauve

Veteran
I knew I would upgrade the song within time ... and now it happened. From 6 to :8:. Who cares if this is another female with a dramatic song? It's beautiful and I love the part when the drums set in. The song is in parts not predictable and I love it.

nudiecrudi

Another robbery Me Tana style?

Mirud should've won. I find Karma very bland eventhough it's a fast song.
I found Miruds interpretation orribile. His singing wast good at all. And what about the outfit? And the choreography? He was singing about a promise to keep even he dies, a similar classical ballad from the remote past Who brought Doruntina, I read a beautiful book translated in Italian by Ismail Kadare. No Spanish moves needed.
He was too much, completely trashy.

hawadharma

I found Miruds interpretation orribile. His singing wast good at all. And what about the outfit? And the choreography? He was singing about a promise to keep even he dies, a similar classical ballad from the remote past Who brought Doruntina, I read a beautiful book translated in Italian by Ismail Kadare. No Spanish moves needed.
He was too much, completely trashy.

Yes, I overlooked the fact that his stage performance is horrible. :ROFLMAO:
But out of all the songs, I think it has the best studio version probably. :)

Ezio

Veteran
Oh. That is my biggest disappointment from Albania since 2014. it‘s their first entry that i don’t instantly like although it is not as bland as fairytale, it is not catchy neither.

Zonne147

xlove I'm gonna add this to my playlist for sure

This the version of "Nëse vdes" Mirud has performed in the 2nd night of FiK59
Arrangement by Eriona Rushiti & Enis Mullaj, Era Rusi was also part of the team!!

Top Bottom