AATW Rumia | RESULTS

dogmeat

The AI had a stroke when generating this image

oT35s1y.png

bgblVFD.png

gPDKE9J.png

Last edited:

strajker

Lol. I actually had an entry pop up recently that the artist was too Rumian to consider for main NSC.

dogmeat

I will most likely post the show on Sunday. I will be accepting late entries in the meanwhile. It's 13 entries + host for the moment, which is good enough. Thank you all for you entries. Needless to say, I like them all!

Am I technically allowed to send anybody, since the artist will automatically become Rumian?

Veliky

Kamandé would like to that part of course, Rumia being the country who we gave the most points to. I'll try to find an entry for tomorrow.

strajker

Lol. I actually had an entry pop up recently that the artist was too Rumian to consider for main NSC.
By the way since it turned out that the Lyriel song I wanted to enter is not released yet fully lol, I ended up deciding that as we have went in to Laoris over 10 years ago, it's high time we leave it.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Never realized, how similar ::tro and ::fie flags are
I've seen them together before, but if I see them alone, I struggle to tell which flag belongs to which nation. :eek:

:at: :hu: (I'm colour weak, and there was a forum where I couldn't tell these apart, because the shade of green in the Hungarian flag was closer to red. Not a problem on this forum tho.)
:nl: :lu:
:it: :ie:
:au: :nz: (I have to use Tasmania to remember which one Australia is, but I wouldn't mind seeing NZ switch to the silver fern flag)
:mc: :id:

Rmetr0

I've seen them together before, but if I see them alone, I struggle to tell which flag belongs to which nation. :eek:

:at: :hu: (I'm colour weak, and there was a forum where I couldn't tell these apart, because the shade of green in the Hungarian flag was closer to red. Not a problem on this forum tho.)
:nl: :lu:
:it: :ie:
:au: :nz: (I have to use Tasmania to remember which one Australia is, but I wouldn't mind seeing NZ switch to the silver fern flag)
:mc: :id:
Well, as for me, darker shades of Trollheimr's flag, as well as bolder white stripes of Fierraria's flag are distinguishable, so I never mixed them up and didn't even realize they are similar lol

As for others, except for Austria-Hungary, I can see how the rest can be mixed up.

I think, some people may mix up Netherlands and Luxembourg just because of not being interested that much in those flags and not putting enough attention to memorize, which one has darker shades and which one has lighter. But maybe they look even more similar for you, so I'm not talking about your reasons, sorry if it sounded like that. I can say more, as kids in school, some may have mixed up Russian flag with Dutch and I remember seeing similarity as well, but now it seems impossible to mix those two because of too distinguishable white in the middle.

Ireland can be mixed up with Italy when they use more saturated orange, I remember Irish flag looking like Italian in ESC 2005 graphics, as well as in JESC 2023 postcard, where they used those almost red basketballs :mrgreen:

I can mix up Australia and New Zealand sometimes myself when not putting enough attention, but now I see that Australia has bigger star to the lower left corner, never thought about that lol. And never knew about silver fern flag, looks great :)

Monaco and Indonesia are literally the same here lol :mrgreen::mrgreen: They have no difference in shades and proportions. But in other sets of flags, Monaco may be narrower and also use slightly different (darker) shade of red and Indonesia may be wider and with brighter red, and that's how they may be distinguished :)

Top Bottom