Contact us

3rd placed NF songs contest (Game over!)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Re: 3rd placed NF songs contest (Semi 2 Open - Deadline 21/4)

THREE SONGS THAT I LOVE I HOPE THEM ALL MAKE IT TO THE FINALS

Edward

^CEZAR WILL MAKE IT AGAIN I JUST KNOW IT

Things are very even guys! Keep those votes coming :)

Edward

Sending out a couple of reminders: [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION] [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION]

Edward

Received one more set of votes.

Still very even. Couple of days left still!

Edward

Few more hours for any last minute surprises.

Edward

^That made me laugh :mrgreen: Merci.

But bad news folks. My house was out of power for 6h straight today and I'm only being able to visit the forum right now. And it's getting late. So semi 2 results will have to be done tomorrow (if nothing gets in the way meanwhile once more). Sorry.

I recommend you all just chill in your bubbly bathubs like Count Cezar until then :p

Edward

Sorry, busy day again. But tomorrow we'll get it done at last, I think! :)

NikolaiMoller

Veteran

You are building suspence, i must say ;)

Edward

It's all part of the plan, of course :mrgreen:

Not going to promise anything more but just saying I would like to get it done tonight. We'll see.

Edward

...and it's happening tonight! Let's get on with it.

I'll try to do it with by pairing the countries geographically once more.

We start with our Baltic clash one more time. :lt: Lithuania vs. :lv: Latvia

Or in other words, :lt: Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys with Mažulė against :lv: Laime Pilnīga with Awe.

Lithuania makes it to the final for the 2nd time? Doesn't?

And Latvia? First time into the final? Still no final?

Maybe somewhat surprising but...

Edward

Re: 3rd placed NF songs contest (Semi 2 - Results ON NOW!]

Let's cross the Baltic into Scandinavia proper and have our major Scandi clash now.

:no: vs. :se:

:no: D'Sound vs. :se: Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO

Be reminded that both nations missed the final last time around. To be repeated? Or? Who makes it then? Sweden? Norway? Both maybe even?

Find out below...

Edward

Now come aboard my invisible private jet. I'll take you all the way down to the Balkans. If you don't like flying...THEN TOO BAD! oOX

No, carrying on. It's a duel between :al: Albania and :hr: Croatia.

Hard to call? What does your instinct tell you about who made it?

:al: Eranda Libohova or :hr: Luka Nižetić?

If making through Albania would be debuting at the final.

If also making through Luka Nižetić will feel the pressure of succeeding past winner :hr: Lorena Bucan (who'll be watching it all from her Tower of Babylon. Best seat in the tower, of course).

Drums please...

Edward

This means there's only a spot left for the final. Maybe it's that one song you're thinking of.

Or.

Then.

Maybe.

...it's not ;) ;) ;)

(O)

Let's put :dk: Denmark up against :pt: Portugal again.

North vs. South part 2, indeed.

On the norther corner we have the mighty...I mean...the fabulous :dk: Sigmund!

On the southern corner we have the Portuguese version of Adonis...or maybe more like Bacchus. Anyway, it's :pt: Matay!

Did any of them grab that last chair? Remember that both countries made it to the final last time...with good results...so...

Edward

Time to start dropping the curtains. It all comes down to a battle between countries where Romanian is the most widely spoken language, once again.

:ro: vs. :md:

Only one has made it.

It would be a debut for :md: Moldova.

But it wouldn't a debut for :ro: Romania.

:md: Diana Brescan or :ro: Bella Santiago ?

Time to see if it's what you've been expecting or whether surprises can still happen just after Easter time...

Edward

Overall scores and a few more words from your host:

1st placed song - ? - 56 pts
2nd placed song - ? - 49 pts
3rd placed song - ? - 49 pts
4th placed song - ? - 47 pts
5th placed song - ? - 45 pts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6th - :lt: Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys - Mažulė - 41 pts
7th - :dk: Sigmund - Say my name - 35 pts
8th - :md: Diana Brescan - Lies - 32 pts
9th - :lv: Laime Pilnīga - Awe - 27 pts
10th - :pt: Matay - Perfeito - 25 pts

Thoughts?

I'll comment on eliminated songs this time by the order they were revealed.

I was a bit surprised Mažulė almost made it. It was my 1 pointer. Granted, Brutalero is a similar kind of act and made it so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised. But I thought this was like that kind of songs made popular 10 years ago that "true fans" loathed for basically being "troll songs". I have nothing against a good comedy song however. I still wish Knorkator had represented Germany back in 2000. I would toss a coin between Silvia Night and LT United if I could go back to 2006 (No. I wouldn't, Silvia's still safe. But I love LT United's song too). I still love Kreisiraadio. And I wouldn't mind at all if Rambo Amadeus had won over Loreen back in 2012. But this Lithuanian song...was just too cartoony for me. The fake mustaches, the clothing. Not only this, instrumentally it had zero appeal to me. So actually a bit surprised it was well liked by most of you. Then again it was a weak semi. Perhaps the weakest so far, if I may be honest.

As for Awe...well, I was in awe indeed. At how messy this was. A strong contender to last place at ESC if it somehow had made it there. All seemed wrong. Outfits, instrumental, lyrics. But still felt more like a song to me than the Lithuanian entry. So there's that. And there was also the guy from Carousel...right? I suppose he's just one of those typical NFs musicians who perform around with all acts. But I am now a bit confused whether he is a member of Carousel or not. Seems like I read somewhere he is? But not sure what to think now. Just wanted to underline that it was strange to see a face that I'm expecting to see performing at ESC also playing with another band anyway.

Sigmund...I liked that kind of dreamy intro actually! But then...there was just too much going on at the same time. Turned into a disco tuned dated sort of mess, unfortunately. The staging wasn't that bad actually. But yes, a bit overly camp for my taste. I think 00's Deen would have digged it though :p

Regarding Matay...well, I didn't like him during the NF around here. And he was always a hot favorite. But that song was just too cliché for me. I don't mind very sweet lyrics (like :dk: Leonora's xheart) but these are worse. If people are calling "Love is forever" diabetes...try translating Perfeito then maybe. Instrumentally is not that uninteresting though. Gave me some emotions, those arrangements. And this semi was so weak to me that he climbed up to my 5 pointer. But only for those reasons, otherwise...
But I don't like Matay as a performer and from what I could gather from his personality from the green room interviews I wouldn't come to like his personality very much either. Plus he sounded like he had a bit too much already during the SF in the green room :mrgreen: Nothing against drinking, just...there's a time and a place for everything. Imagine he made it to ESC, he'd have gotten all smashed, I can picture it and all! :mrgreen:

Edward

Sorry, I messed it up. Obviously I meant Bella Santiago there. And I didn't write my opinion about her song. Let me write it up and fix my post.

Edward

EDIT: Seems I messed this post too. The heck? Spoiler...but I put no spoiler tags? xthink Something wrong with the forums?

Edward

Grand final line-up

1. :is: Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen - Mama said

2. :no: D'Sound - Mr. Unicorn

3. :uk: Kerrie-Anne - Sweet lies

4. :al: Eranda Libohova - 100 pyetje

5. :au: Sheppard - On my way

6. :es: Miki & Natalia - Nadie se salva

7. :hu: Bence Vavra - Szótlanság

8. :hr: Luka Nižetić - Brutalero

9. :de: Lilly Among Clouds - Surprise

10. :se: Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO - Hold you

11. :cz: Barbora Mochowa - True colors

12. :fr: Chimène Badi - Là-haut

13. :ro: Bella Santiago - Army of love

14. :me: Andrea Demirović - Ja sam ti san

15. :it: Il Volo - Musica che resta

Notes:

The artist which placed 3rd in Israel's selection process actually sang a song of her own (as far as I'm aware) unlike Ketreyah (2nd placed) who sang a cover by someone else - same with Kobi. However it seems to be a song that is it at least 2 years old and that would therefore never be able to be presented at ESC. For this reason Israel is again out of this game, unless someone knows better.

I could not find a link for a live performance of Italy's song again. Happy to replace it since it's only fair to all other songs competing in the final as well but doubt anyone knows any better. [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] have the live performances you mentioned a couple of weeks ago been reposted?

Please vote in ESC style (12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) via PM to me until wednesday, the 1st of May.

May the best song win once more!

Top Bottom