Contact us

3rd placed NF songs contest (Game over!)

Edward

Time to elect the best third placed song from this year's national selections then.

I'll try to follow again the official ESC draws to make 2 semis. Obviously some countries will be left out once more due to their internal selection processes.

The big 5 are advancing automatically to the final once more.

5 countries will also be advancing to the final from each semi. The final will have 15 acts again. Choose wisely!

Notes:

I'm leaving Georgia out of this contest. Georgia's 3rd placed song is actually the same song that will go to actual ESC stage this year, the only difference being that it was sung by another artist. I could put the 4th song in its place but then if we get to do a contest for 4th placed songs it will feel misplaced. Assuming there's no problem at all with this.

Portugal is again being moved to the 2nd semi so that we can have 10 songs in each semi.

Czech Republic has no live performance video one more time. Maybe some Czech forum member can shed some light on whether a live final was broadcasted and where to find videos from it. I'm suspecting it will be the same thing with Italy again as well, so same goes for any Italian forum member - or then just anyone who followed any of these two NFs.

I have noticed now a small mistake I've made with the United Kingdom on the last contest. I said on my first post that regarding the UK, "I'd be considering Kerrie-Anne the runner-up since like Hungary a final ranking seems to have not been released for the final round and she had more "X's" on the previous round". I forgot about this later when posting the line-up for the final and since I probably did it in a hurry I just went with Jordan Clarke instead because I just literally went to the wikipedia article, ordered the songs under "final round" by draw number and when you do that placing the winner on the top it looks like Jordan Clarke came up next.
So I feel a bit bad for that now. I'm sorry. I know it's not a big deal for anyone (maybe just :uk: [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION]? :p) but I like to keep things neatly organized when doing these games and usually double check everything before posting away. But I suppose that, truth to be told, not even the UK audience probably can tell 2nd apart from 3rd since the votes weren't released (or?) so it should still be ok to consider Jordan 2nd and Kerrie-Anne 3rd, even if it looks wrong taking into account that she got more "X's" than Jordan in the previous round.

Lastly, would like to remind once more that as I said on first post of last contest - "in Hungary's case, since as far as I am aware a final placements ranking wasn't released, I'm going with the song that got the most jury points when advancing to the ultimate top 4."

Hope all is clear, now get to the fun!

First semi:

1. :me: Andrea Demirović - Ja sam ti san

2. :fi: Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman - Release me

3. :sl: Fed Horses - Ti ne poznaš konjev

4. :cz: Barbora Mochowa - True colors

5. :hu: Bence Vavra - Szótlanság

6. :by: Sebastian Roos - Never getting close

7. :rs: Sashka Janx - Da li čuješ moj glas

8. :au: Sheppard - On my way

9. :is: Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen - Mama said

10. :ee: Stefan - Without you

You have until sunday the 14th to vote via PM in ESC style (12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1). So yes, you really have to vote for all one more time. Me perdoa [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] :p

Edward

Re: 3rd placed NF songs contest (Semi 1 open - deadline 14/4)

No votes yet xsnooty

tuorem

I voted! xyaay

[MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] Regarding Czech Republic, there are no live performances of the studio versions. During the NF (which lasted several weeks), all the participants gave a 45 min-long acoustic concert in various Prague subway stations, but the videos recorded are bad (quality-wise). Also, each one of them attended an online show where they performed their entries, but it also was all acoustic. ;) I hope that helps.

For the curious ones out there, here is the live acoustic rendition of "True Colors" by Barbora Mochowa (from the online show). :)

As for Italy, the live performances of the first night (all the entries) and the fourth night (the "duet" evening) were uploaded on Youtube, and then were deleted xfacepalm I don't know if they were posted elsewhere.

Edward

Thank you for that information [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION], appreciate it.

Sending out reminders to past voters, little over a day to vote now: [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION], [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION], [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION], [MENTION=16193]Kevan1994[/MENTION], [MENTION=12868]henhu[/MENTION]

njdevils94

Veteran

I didn't know this was started already but have voted now. :)

EDC0708

Voted!

Edward

Few more hours still.

Edward

Re: 3rd placed NF songs contest (Semi 1 - Results ON NOW!)

Alright, results are coming!

Unfortunately we've had less 2 voters this time around when compared to the final of a few days ago :(

Edward

I'm a bit late and short on time so I'll just follow the same formula from the semis of past contest to do the announcements.

First off, announcing a non-qualifier. Which is...

Edward

And let's continue by pairing neighbours :rs: and :me: once again.

One more time only one has made it to the final. :me: Andrea Demirović or :rs: Sashka Janx?

2nd time for Montenegro or 1st for Serbia?

Edward

Following last time's script I should keep it eastern European flavored now but :by: Belarus is already out.

So let's focus on the fate of :sl: Slovenia alone. 2nd time to the final just like :me: Montenegro or not so lucky this time around?

Make your last bets. Slovenia is...

Edward

And why not.

Let's clash :hu: Hungary with :ee: Estonia again.

Hungary 2 Estonia 0?

Hungary 1 Estonia 1?

Hungary 2 Estonia 1 ?

Hungary 1 Estonia 0?

4 possible outcomes. Only one is correct. :hu: Vavra Bence or :ee: Stefan?

That's right, it's...

Edward

I shouldn't have let :sl: Slovenia alone a while ago there. I forgot there's no :ge: Georgia this time around. So we're pairing :is: Iceland with :cz: Czech Republic this turn.

That's right. Ladies night xqueenbitch Drinks are on the house.

No, I mean. Ladies duel. It's a clash between :cz: Barbora Mochowa and :is: Kristina Bærendsen.

Who do you think has made it to the final?

Here comes the drum roll...

Edward

Lastly then. A clash between a sandstorm and a sheppard.

That's right. :fi: Darude and Sebastian Rejman get to face a moite from down under again. This time around it's :au: Sheppard.

Last bets?

Definitely one is not in and the other is not out. So...

Edward

That brings this ultra exciting semi to a close. Thank you.

Final results:

1st placed song - ? - 48 pts
2nd placed song - ? - 47 pts
3rd placed song - ? - 39 pts
4th placed song - ? - 38 pts
5th placed song - ? - 34 pts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6th - :sl: Fed Horses - Ti ne poznaš konjev - 34 pts
7th - :ee: Stefan - Without you - 33 pts
8th - :rs: Sashka Janx - Da li čuješ moj glas - 31 pts
9th - :fi: Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman - Release me - 27 pts
10th - :by: Sebastian Roos - Never getting close - 17 pts

That's right, it was a very close fight for at least 3 songs. Those 2 "regular" voters could have made a difference. Or you, yourself, average thread lurker reading this thread but choosing not to take part in the contest. Yes, I'm talking about youuuuuuu :at:!

In :sl: Fed Horses tie case with the 5th placed song, I gave priority to the song who got 12 points. The Slovenians got no sets while 4th placed song got one. Not happy with method? Post away if so.

And feel free to post any other reactions away as well or then just suffer in silence :p

Few comments of your faithful host on non-qualifiers:

I liked Fed Horses. If I could I would switch around with a couple (or maybe even more) other qualifiers. Maybe it was a bit too quiet for some of you.

Stefan did absolutely nothing for me, sorry fans! Maybe the lyrics were the strong point. But I couldn't keept focus. Seemed very unoriginal. Rather kept thinking whether he was truly Estonian or not. And whether those eyes had been watered before going on stage because it did look a bit odd, not very natural. But maybe that's just me.

Serbia was quite a mess too. Visually reminded me a bit of Jamala, not on ESC stage, but out of it. Not a fan at all. Then there was a bit too much of stuff going on around at the same moment that did not feel truly connected to each other instrumentally. Like those turntables at the end. Though I kinda liked those.

I must say Release me was probably the song I liked best from the Finnish duo that are going to Tel Aviv. I thought it was the best in terms staging - nothing fancy but looked pretty neat on tv. Probably has more to do with the camera shots. It felt more intimate. Instrumentally it sounded better than the others as well. So a bit surprised they did not do so well this time around. Perhaps the lyrics were too much of a weak point - but otherwise it felt spot on and I wouldn't have minded if it had qualified.

Finally Sebastian Roos. Well, I don't think he was the worse. Yes, his image seems a bit dated and not very appealing. But the song had good lyrics actually and it wasn't totally bad instrumentally. Just did not feel powerful enough however. Understand perfectly why he got last place though. Maybe it's not completely fair but one has to be last. Right :ch: Rykka?

Ah, last of our kind she meant. Nevermind. Turning my amateur humour mode off right now.

Feel free to post any opinions you might have as well.

Semi 2 to be posted soon.

njdevils94

Veteran

I shouldn't have let :sl: Slovenia alone a while ago there. I forgot there's no :ge: Georgia this time around. So we're pairing :is: Iceland with :cz: Czech Republic this turn.

That's right. Ladies night xqueenbitch Drinks are on the house.

No, I mean. Ladies duel. It's a clash between :cz: Barbora Mochowa and :is: Kristina Bærendsen.

Who do you think has made it to the final?

Here comes the drum roll...

I was about to riot :lol:

Edward

tuorem

Re: 3rd placed NF songs contest (Semi 2 Open - Deadline 21/4)

EagerSaltyFowl-max-1mb.gif

I'm waiting for the real results tbh.

Justice for Fed Horses. oOX

Stefan should have qualified too. It was generic, but worse plastic songs made it, so... xshrug

I'm sulking in a corner.

anigif_sub-buzz-14452-1527777023-1.gif

Edward

Come on you sulkers, less sulking & more voting please! :mrgreen:

tuorem

Job done! :)

I hope more people will vote this time around.

Top Bottom