Contact us

2013 World Men's Handball Championship in Spain (11 th - 27 th of January)

Luki

I hate it when I don't have time to watch matches of our team. Well at least we beat the weak ones. Hmm Hungary has always been tough against us, so we'll see the real new face of Croatian team. I'm hoping for the win. :)

aletem

:rs: 34 - 28 :by:

We have secured the 1/8 finals after this match :D We are still oscillating a lot and I am not really satisfied with how we are playing, but even this is more than enough to beat Belarus. I am satisfied with how the new players adapted to the team though. Belarus is a better team than I expected. Their keeper is really good. They controlled the match in the first 15 minutes but then it looked like they got tired and it was a routine for us to get a big advantage that we didn't gamble away until the end. We even had a +11 lead at one point.

Next rival is Saudi Arabia.
You played really well against Belarus! You literally trashed them! :lol: Near the end you started relaxing a bit (a very ex-yu mentality :lol:) and lost that solid 9 goal lead.

Milos-BC

You played really well against Belarus! You literally trashed them! :lol: Near the end you started relaxing a bit (a very ex-yu mentality :lol:) and lost that solid 9 goal lead.

Well, indeed, it was obvious that we have more quality than them :D I am personally still not satisfied with some things, but the most important thing is that we managed to win easily as expected. I like how the new players adapted to the system and I believe it is a right move to slowly make a "change of the generation".

As for this relaxing at the end..........yeah, well, that is indeed a true example of ex-yu mentality :lol: We've seen that many times.....

I believe that we shouldn't have problems with Saudi Arabia, but our real capacity will be seen in the matches against tougher rivals: Slovenia and, especially, Poland.

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
Croatia 30 - 21 Hungary

The most convincing victory until now.....looking who was in the other side, of course. Well I can say I like this and I am happy. Hopefully we will keep this game level in two further matches, it would be first place in the group.... but let's go slowly. Match by match:). Next opponent: Egypt.

Luki

Great match, we really showed what we're made of. Egypt is messed up, and will not be an easy opponent, but I think we got it in the bag. :D

vatroslav_cro

We'll see....next days (matches) are the most important:). It would be great if we could reach the first place, it would guarantee "less unpleasant" rivals in 1/8 final and 1/4 final....

vatroslav_cro

Egypt 20 - 24 Croatia

The game just as it should be, maybe a little too much technical mistakes ... but victory is here, all players are ok and it is the most important before the strongest opponent in our group: Spain.
But I am satisfied.

Milos-BC

:pl: 25-24 :rs:

Even though we lost the match, I am satisfied with how we played during most of the match. The first 20-25 minutes were probably the best moments on this tournament for us. After that we had a huge fall but managed to recover in the second half. We had a lot of technical mistakes, at least 4 from which we gave direct counter-attacks to our rivals as well as the goals. Also, we are making fouls a bit too naive.....a huge number of explusions on our side is also one thing that decided the match.

We can still end first in the group if we beat Slovenia tomorrow with at least goals of difference. Even though Slovenia is quite a good team, I believe we can do that. There are some positive surprises for me in the way we are playing I can congratulate Vukovic on that.

thank you Poland for this small favor:cool:

That will mean nothing if you don't win tomorrow! :p If we beat you with at least +2, we are first in the group, don't forget that. :twisted:

aletem

Serbia vs. Slovenia will be an interesting match to follow. :D I am definitely going to watch it! If Serbia wins and ends first, they would have an easy road to the semi. :)

Macedonia played well against Denmark, even though in the second half it was clear that Macedonia didn't wanna win the game so they can play Germany in the 1/8-finals. :lol: I am also glad that it is Germany and not France. I hope Mk will play even better than yesterday! :)

vatroslav_cro

Croatia 27 - 25 Spain!

Now I can say I am impressed! I will be honest now and say that I didn't expect victory, no I didn't dare! Domination in the first hafltime was brilliant, defense was flawless and genial, score realization also very good. It is true that finish was dramatic and tight but still, victory is what counts. Now I can say that I believe our team is able to achieve a lot on this tournament....but let's go match by match, of course.
Our first rival in so called "knock out phase" will be Belarus.

CPV4931

Great group stage from Germany :-) I really didn´t expect us winning this group.
Today, we are playing against Macedonia - won´t be easy as we know from last year´s Euro

aletem

:mk: played really bad and it seemed like they were tired from start to finish. Better luck to them in the qualifiers for the EURO 2014. :) I hope Serbia and Croatia win tomorrow!! :D

ShoeFlo

today... Germany versus Spain!
I think we will lose because Spain is out of our league, but our team is great and we will make a hard fight and be a hard challenge for Spain.
No matte how the match will end, i'm proud of them

vatroslav_cro

Yeah, tonight is the night....
Croatia vs France. Hm, I believe in our good game and if there will be referees' good and fair judgement....we will see. May the better (but REALLY better) team wins (with GAME), and qualifies for 1/2 final....

CPV4931

Germany lost against Spain... but great tournament from our team :-)

vatroslav_cro

Germany lost against Spain... but great tournament from our team :-)
Too bad! I really expected Germany at least in 1/2 final......but you know, Spain is the host and so on.... and so on... I know you were great, you had so good game in this championship all the time!

Top Bottom