Contact us

2024 Winner predictions

ati0111

I'm surprised people don't mention Lithuania :lt:

At the moment I think it's between Lithuania :lt: and Belgium:be:

Switzerland:ch: and Croatia :hr:have a slight chance too.
Ukraine :ua: is a maaaaybe

Netherlands :nl: won't do well enough with the juries, France :fr: will struggle with the televote.

Italy?? Greece?? With their super annoying songs? No.

goncalovieira

From my analysis, I would say it is between France and Italy.
Dark horses will be important this year and they are numerous. Norway, Netherlands, Greece, Switzerland, and Ukraine.
And Croatia as the car crash of the year.

SpiritofKeiino

I don't see Norway having a hope of winning, unfortunately (I do like the song, not the singer) I think it is a bit too divisive to win.

Ezio

Veteran
This year is very open which could lead to a frustrating result like 2011, because diaspora votes would have more weight in an open year. So, the The Tower by Poland will get a much better result than the The Tower if it were presented by Czechia.

I would say the winner gets an overall score below 450, maybe even below 400. Azerbaijan would have gotten 405 points under the new system with a massive field of 43 countries participating.

Diaspora-wise, Ukraine, Poland and Lithuania should have all shots at winning or a top result.

There are also way too many uptempo songs this year like in 2011. So I would rule out all the up tempo songs from the get-go.

On paper, and musically, I would anticipate a battle between France and the UK. Both are very jury friendly and could garner enough televotes to sneak in the win. For France it would mean redemption after their colossal flop in 2011 when they started as favourites.

This will be a year of fan favourite and betting flops like never before. Could be exciting, unless a country really wins bluntly thanks to their diaspora. Then everyone would be pissed.

My favourites for last place in the final are Finland, Norway, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Czechia, Germany, Austria, Armenia, Israel, Spain and Belgium, but still with decent scores. Hm, I think I go with Spain here. There is just no jury potential and maybe 3 points from Portugal.

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Now that all the entries have been released (even with some revamps left to ve unveiled) my pre-contest guess this year will be

:fr:

SpiritofKeiino

Am I the only one who thinks Norway could even be a surprise NQ?
It's far from having a shot at winning in my opinion
Personally I think it will Q but is far from winning the SF, and has no chance of winning the final. I think it lacks the mass appeal that it would need to win.

ayzelto

Such an open year, so I will mention some countries that may win (in no particular order):

:hr: :ua: :fr: :gr: and :it:

• Like It
Reactions: Jim

0scar

Personally I think it will Q but is far from winning the SF, and has no chance of winning the final. I think it lacks the mass appeal that it would need to win.

I think it will qualify as well, but as I said, it could be a surprise NQ.

About winner candidates now all songs are out, my bet is on a 2021 rematch between :ch: :fr: :it:

elysian03

I think it will qualify as well, but as I said, it could be a surprise NQ.

About winner candidates now all songs are out, my bet is on a 2021 rematch between :ch: :fr: :it:
It's so interesting. I have also been thinking that it's funny how it seems to be a battle again between these countries. The last time any of these countries were contenders was 2021. :LOL:

I'm just wondering about Croatia's chances. This country has been leading the betting odds now for a while and I just don't see how the jury gives enough points. Maybe the jury will be so divided and give out evenly points to many countries, but I think the same will go for televote. There will be so many countries to appeal to the public. I can't imagine that Croatia will get enough to win it all. :unsure:

Looren

Veteran
Very hard year to predict, I think we'll have a better idea when rehearsals will start but let's see

Has potential to do great with both jury and tele :

:ua: :it: :ch:

Might get very big with jury but failed by tele :

:fr: :be: :se:

Might get very big with tele but failed by jury :

:hr: :nl:

Can sneak into top 10 and maybe better :

:lt: :no: :uk:

Wild card :

Israel

Fluke

I would have said Switzerland or Croatia, but Armenia seems to have a chance now!

Paco Roca

Contenders to win:

France is minimal and nowhere near the level of "Voilà" but in a year of crazy songs and lack of contending ballads like this "Mon Amour" can stand out. Slimane's voice is an added value that can greatly elevate the song.

Italy is qualitatively superior. It has a catchy sound but does not lose its melodic streak and extreme attention to the construction of the song. Italy also sent a woman and demonstrated that, if she has the right song and the right charisma, she can be a quality representative. Now that an Italian woman has reached the ESC, coldness has increased among the public who have been calling out for her (indirect technique to have an excuse to complain about Italy). This year is tough for some Eurofans: Italy did not bring "the usual ballad", the staging will not be "usually poor", a woman has subverted the rule invented by the fandom which Italy sends only men (not citing that women in past editions had harmless songs) and Italy has shown that it is also skilled in catchy music. Anyone who thinks she's not the super favorite is just banishing a demon from their mind.

Norway could emerge violently. Currently underrated, it can conquer the European public with its epic nature.

Belgium is perhaps together with Italy (even if the latter differs on the catchy side) and France is an emotional contender. I can see this song growing up a lot.

Others...:

Croatia and the Netherlands will do more or less well but they are mostly collective hallucinations. What will not lead them to victory will be: the split in the audience (those who prefer one or the other), the too noisy European edition, the indirect comparison with "Cha Cha Cha" and the failure of the staging (Croatia here has a little extra gear to do well).

Estonia is underrated. Finland won't do as badly as everyone thinks.

Serbia from Top 10. Albania is a fat no.

Portugal not bad but will take an anonymous route. Moldova a fat no. Australia a fat no x2.

Lithuania will surprise but will more or less reach the position of The Roop.

The Czech Republic isn't bad but its strength is mostly in the studio. His performance will get lost in the middle of the competition.

UK and Germany in Bottom 5 and, if Nebulossa does not bring a mass in epic scene, I fear that Spain will also keep him company at the end.

San Marino will do better than many think. She could also be a surprise qualifier.

Poland could do well and Armenia could do well but they could also disappoint.

Slovenia flop, Austria more or less mid-table or even "Halo" model flop, Israel won't get political consensus, Ukraine on average good but won't win (the song isn't bad but it's as harmless as "Heart of Steel", maybe a little less epic in sound but more epic in singing).

Azerbaijan is a fat no. Greece flops and Cyprus will do well on average. Switzerland will fail the staging proving that his song is just a great studio product.

Malta, Georgia, Luxembourg and Latvia are fillers (right Latvia has something more vocally and Luxembourg has a friendly vote waiting for it).

Iceland another fat no. Ireland flop. Sweden will do well thanks to "Mamma Mia Jury". Denmark has potential but is like a butterfly with only one wing.

Did I forget anyone? It is useless to talk about subjective tastes, logic says Italy, France, Belgium and Norway.

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

As much as I hate it my gut feeling tells me :nl: as he has some real momentum right now.

Other than those I'd say :hr: :uk: :ch: and :fr:. I'd include :no: had the juries not tried to tank it which is never a good sign.

SpiritofKeiino

UK will flop hard IMO.

Bottom 5 in the final will include 3 of the Big 5 - Germany, UK and probably Spain.
France and Italy top 10, maybe more.

I fail to see the appeal of the Italy song and am finding its winner potential hard to see, but it does seem very popular.

Ezio

Veteran
The poll at eurovisionworld is eerily accurate, at least for the Top 2 of each. They missed the winner only in 2016 by a small margin.

Here is how it stands right now:

1st :hr:
2nd :nl:
3rd :gr:
4th :ge: (that's crazy but ok)
5th :ch:
6th :it:
7th :fr:
8th :rs:
9th :il:
10th :ua:

Portugal