6 3.9%

14 9.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

elysian03

It's a very interesting song but the problem is how could be translated live.
The same question for Belgium Netherlands and Austria too.
How do these people sound live?
The videos are very promising but that's another story.
Austria last year was a clear example

I'm sure Nemo will nail it live. They have so much experience performing live. Also when Nemo was selected, they had to perform their song live. Nemo wouldn't have won the internal selection if they couldn't sing this song.

I don't know how Austria's internal selection works and how 'Halo' was able to be chosen, even though Pia has difficulties singing live.

My only worry is the staging. This can be a hit or miss, especially with this song. I just hope for the best.

ZoboCamel

This year SJB will most likely not stage Switzerland's entry. A Swiss newspaper stated that Fredrik Rydman will stage Nemo's song. He is the one who staged "Cha Cha Cha" - Finland last year and "Heroes" - Sweden 2015.

Ooh. I don't know Rydman by name, but those are two nicely-staged entries. Looking him up just now, I saw a Reddit post from about a year ago with this graphic of apparently all the things he's staged at Eurovision & NFs:

Which is... a pretty good resume! Pretty much all of those concepts range from "good" to "great", even if Maps ultimately didn't come together (and I'm giving Jezebel a pass because of the good 'ol dead sun of 2022). Lots of unique sub-stages, and shadows, and gimmicks/high concepts.

I think that's what you want for The Code; it at least feels like a much better fit than the rumors of SJB, who seems to tend a lot more towards "minimalist concepts and mostly empty stages relying on dancing and lighting." The Code needs a staging gimmick, I think, even if I have no idea exactly what that gimmick should be.

0scar

UMK 2023 stagings were amazing, I liked all of them so I'm excited for this staging.
:ch: is currently my no. 1 and it would be great to witness a Swiss win!!!

elysian03

Ooh. I don't know Rydman by name, but those are two nicely-staged entries. Looking him up just now, I saw a Reddit post from about a year ago with this graphic of apparently all the things he's staged at Eurovision & NFs:

Which is... a pretty good resume! Pretty much all of those concepts range from "good" to "great", even if Maps ultimately didn't come together (and I'm giving Jezebel a pass because of the good 'ol dead sun of 2022). Lots of unique sub-stages, and shadows, and gimmicks/high concepts.

I think that's what you want for The Code; it at least feels like a much better fit than the rumors of SJB, who seems to tend a lot more towards "minimalist concepts and mostly empty stages relying on dancing and lighting." The Code needs a staging gimmick, I think, even if I have no idea exactly what that gimmick should be.

That's a cool graphic. :D
Yes, I agree. I also think he will be better for the Code than SJB.

I'm guessing since Nemo's sister was in charge of the music video, that she will also assist with the staging in some way.
She seems to be a very creative person, just like her sibling.

Ezio

Veteran
This song gives me schizophrenia

nudiecrudi

I'm sure Nemo will nail it live. They have so much experience performing live. Also when Nemo was selected, they had to perform their song live. Nemo wouldn't have won the internal selection if they couldn't sing this song.

I don't know how Austria's internal selection works and how 'Halo' was able to be chosen, even though Pia has difficulties singing live.

My only worry is the staging. This can be a hit or miss, especially with this song. I just hope for the best.
I wasn't talking about Austria 22 but Austria 23. Who the hell is Edgar was excellent on clip but live was difficult to translate and didn't have the expected success mostly in the Fandom were waiting for. Even Slovenia 23 had an excellent clip, very hyped, but live wasn't that strong.
I don't know how Nemo sing, never heard about them.
But this kind of song is strongly related to the staging and live performance.
The same as Austria Netherlands Belgium. If you have watched the clips you know what I'm talking about.

elysian03

I wasn't talking about Austria 22 but Austria 23. Who the hell is Edgar was excellent on clip but live was difficult to translate and didn't have the expected success mostly in the Fandom were waiting for. Even Slovenia 23 had an excellent clip, very hyped, but live wasn't that strong.
I don't know how Nemo sing, never heard about them.
But this kind of song is strongly related to the staging and live performance.
The same as Austria Netherlands Belgium. If you have watched the clips you know what I'm talking about.

Yes, but Austria last year didn't have an issue singing live. The problem was that they didn't put the fun ideas from the music video on the stage. Instead, they went for a more serious staging, which ruined the perfomrance (apart from the running order).

Nemo sings live extremely well. So no worries in that regard.

Yes, the staging will be everything.

henhu

This and Sweden are the only ones that give me jury winner vibes. For now, I see it in top 5 but in the end, it depends on the epicness of the staging :D

toinou03

A really great song that I want to listen on and on. A little disjointed which will be great on stage. My only meh part is the "I break the code, I'm not the same, I'm outside the box" message which is contrary to what it wants to make you believe, not very original any more. But all in all, à great song that I can't wait to see on stage !

MAD20

If the Swiss delegation arrange an outstanding staging for this song, I see a huge potential for winning here, cause vocally I'm sure Nemo will nail it.

Ezio

Veteran
I can see why the odds are so high, but for me this song is a clusterf.... and very unenjoyable. I really don't care about it at all. I think the actual result would be much lower than the odds suggest at the moment. Maybe the juries hype it up for political woke virtue signalling, but other than that, I don't feel it. IMHO I think this could be a bad year for DACH countries with none in the Top 10.

Datura

now that we have all the songs, if there's not a huge surprise with somebody doing an unexpecting outstanding staging i think switzerland is one of the contenders for the win, atm i'd say this is it. (or ukraine)

marty

I upgrade my vote to 10 points. I think with the right staging this can be the winner, maybe again with the juries help. this is one of the few songs that can create big emotions. I would love Switzerland beeing the next host.

Wynnter

Yeaaaaaaah, I love this one. xheya

Fast paced and chaotic, but still coherent overall? Rising tension during an intense rap section? An orchestral explosion at the end with drum and bass beat??? Memorable as hell??? Sign me in.

But seriously, it's a great package. I love the constant and intense urgency that you can feel. The dynamic switch ups are awesome and makes it so that not a single second of the song leaves me bored and actually has me constantly wanting more and more. So much chaotic energy, and I'm here for it.

:12: points

Top Bottom