Contact us

Split jury-televote results revealed!

A-lister

Veteran
Re: Split jury-televotes results revealed!

And the Jury got it wrong with Turkey.

If they got one thing right, it has to be that. That infantile song deserved to be in the bottom. Sadly diaspora came to rescue as usual.

LakZaNokte

The other big shock for me is Ukraine doing terribly with the televotes, especially in SF2. I always thought they were televote kings. I don't want to start any racism issues, but is this because of the obvious?
I hope not. that would be really pathetic.

A-lister

Veteran

That's another typical gross prejudice about the juries. When you look at the results of the past 10 years you can see that what you write is simply not true.

10 years? The juries have been here for 3,5 years.

If you look back in time, I'm very much correct on that analyze. Anything out of the box or not conventional ballads struggled badly before televoting were introduced.

rajo

tbh, I can't understand why juries supported :ua: so eagerly.
(no offense to Ukrainian members here, just commenting on the song :mrgreen:)

That's fishy and maybe political. You know after all the fuzz about Ukranian politics, Timoshenko and the boycotting soccer championships by Western politicians, it seems like some sort of compensation by the Eurovision juries.....

It's very interesting that Ukraine did so badly with televoting. That's the second time after 2005, when they screwed up hosting the Eurovision. This country seemed unsinkable so far, but actually it isn't.

eerik

So where are the angry Cypriots now? I want to hear it again how Cyprus was in top 5 with televoting...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

The jury confuse the absolute hell out of me. Infact the jury AND public confuse me. They do sorta smooth the results out abit. I would not trust the public in having a 100% say, though neither would I the jury. I like them in the contest as they have rewarded well some very "classy" (the only word my brain can find at the moment to describe them) hmmm darker I suppose songs such as "Et Sil Fallait Le Faire" and "Suus". Also "Madness Of Love". Other than that though they are very inconsistant and seem almost random in what they'll favour. Jedward were like what 5th, 6th maybe last year with them. This year 25th!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but that is a massive change of heart. A good change of heart dare I add:rolleyes:

Mozz

So where are the angry Cypriots now? I want to hear it again how Cyprus was in top 5 with televoting...

Tick tock, I'm waiting for them too....:D

LakZaNokte

Well, the juries weren't bothered with the awful combo of Italian and English in the Italian song now were they?

And although I agree the performance lacked some, it didn't lack as much to be put in the bottom? Again.. is this a SONG contest or European Idol or The Voice of Europe? The juries still treat it as the latter. They want those conventional ballads to be on top... actually nowadays the jury votes are probably more predictable than the televotes.
6 more or less conventional ballads in juries' top 10. it is rather difficult to discuss it cause IMO, those ballads really were good.
further more, highest rank for a ballad is 3rd place overall.what about that? xshrug

regarding italian-english combo...I know where you're going with that and all I can say is that I don't like it either :mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran

Surprised the public showed more love to the UK than the juries actually...

and yeah, the juries also did a correct job with Ireland (as they did with Turkey).

Other than that I'm not really sure what I think.

Mozz

The jury confuse the absolute hell out of me. Infact the jury AND public confuse me. They do sorta smooth the results out abit. I would not trust the public in having a 100% say, though neither would I the jury. I like them in the contest as they have rewarded well some very "classy" (the only word my brain can find at the moment to describe them) hmmm darker I suppose songs such as "Et Sil Fallait Le Faire" and "Suus". Also "Madness Of Love". Other than that though they are very inconsistant and seem almost random in what they'll favour. Jedward were like what 5th, 6th maybe last year with them. This year 25th!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but that is a massive change of heart. A good change of heart dare I add:rolleyes:

I too think juries do play an important role in Eurovision (even when they helped sink NL's chances this year).

Jedwards' song last year was simply much stronger imo than this year.

A-lister

Veteran

6 more or less conventional ballads in juries' top 10. it is rather difficult to discuss it cause IMO, those ballads really were good.
further more, highest rank for a ballad is 3rd place overall.what about that? xshrug

regarding italian-english combo...I know where you're going with that and all I can say is that I don't like it either :mrgreen:

I'm not saying all those ballads were bad, it's just very 'typical' juries though.

I consider Serbia to be a ballad aswell. And for the more uptempo stuff the juries supported, most were quite conventional and no big surprises (like Italy for instance).

And yeah, if one can use split language use as an excuse for bad ranking, then I think it must be used for all entries using that ;)

A-lister

Veteran

I find good and bad things in both televoting and juries... I think both are needed :p Take it easy A-lister :lol:

Netherlands, one of the most genuine and nice songs didn't make it to the final thanks to those damn conventional juries... so no.. I'm not taking it easy! :lol:

Mozz

Netherlands, one of the most genuine and nice songs didn't make it to the final thanks to those damn conventional juries... so no.. I'm not taking it easy! :lol:

I think if the juries acted more the way you claim that they act, they would've ranked Spain, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and UK with their ballads (considerably) higher than in actuality.

doctormalisimo

I think for the first time ever, I would have preferred it if we didnt have juries. Firstly Ireland would have top 10ed. And it wouldnt have been a landslide for Loreen, the voting would have actually been interesting to watch (also, Ireland would have gotten to decide the winner at the end :mrgreen: ) and Ukraine would have been laughably in the semis. The Netherlands and Switzerland would also have qualified...

I do thank the juries however for bringing Malta to the final. And for kicking Greece out of the top 10. And for saving little Anggun from humiliation.

Mozz

But I thought you hated your own country's song this year, doctor?

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I loved the song too and thought it should have made it, however, whatever we say, her performance was everything but flawless I'm afraid :?

A-lister

Veteran

I loved the song too and thought it should have made it, however, whatever we say, her performance was everything but flawless I'm afraid :?

Oh so this IS European Idol? I didn't know... last time I checked it was Eurovision SONG Contest.

The fact that the juries put that MESS of a song the Georgian entry was in the top. 10, but totally screwed Netherlands and also Bulgaria over, imo proves how infantile they are. They simply ONLY judge live vocals... they couldn't even be bothered if the songs can't even be considered songs or if the singers slaughter ok songs with over-singing (Ukraine and Estonia I look at you!).

Top Bottom