Contact us

SEMI FINAL 2 - DISCUSSION

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Bulgaria almost made it... shocking. Joint with Norway, equally shocking. I know Norway was weakly performed but it was always a qualifier for me because of the catchiness of the song & the draw.

I bet Norway did well with televote & rubbish with juries (like Greece)

+ Cyprus + Romania... I'm sure the stupid juries played their role to the massacre of all the dance songs this year!

Terence

^^I agree, and their support for Russia is unbelievable (if it won the first semi, then it surely did well with juries??). I can't understand them!

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Except for Russia, the juries did their job by nerfing all the cheesy europop songs.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Ballads do not equal funerals, my dear :D

Not all ballads, I like ballads in general, but the public would never vote for mostly ballads in the top 10. Wait and see the jury results, how they screwed up things this year. Someone has to make objection so this massacre will not happen again... I'm pretty sure Romania was very high in televoting, and the juries made them finish only 12th... And the same did to Cyprus, I'm sure too.

And for me (and all the people I know and spoke with about ESC): Albanian song = funeral song. Not a single person said "I liked that song". Voice? Yes. Song? No.

Mozz

Even if a song is a 'funeral song', it doesn't mean most televoters would not like it and thus not vote for it. Music is about emotions, 'does it touch people?' There's a whole spectrum of emotions in humans. I think Suus has touched a lot of people. And then secondly it's so different and untypically Eurovision that maybe these people decided to support it. This is what I think happened. But we'll see what how televoters and the juries voted very soon. I've already read some report that in Finland the televote for Suus was actually (much) higher than the jury vote.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I can understand I just don't agree :D

I can't understand why Jury supported this song and looking at the results they certainly did. But one thing can't be denied: their outcome is unanimous and can't be explained by friendly voting this time :D whole Europe supported this, from Portugal to Azerbaijan. Only Switzerland ignored grannies :eek:

Grinch

That makes two of us... :?

Same here. I can't understand how people find old people "adorable". And I'm so pissed at juries for putting Russia in a high place.

Ooo there are new smileys xshock xyes

Miguel

Thank you for supporting "Vida minha": The Netherlands, Slovenia, Croatia, Turkey, Slovakia, Norway, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Lithuania, France and Germany. xhug

46797869.jpg

pyryniemi

I just realized that the 3 songs I looooved from this semi all finished in bottom 4 (Netherlands, Belarus, Slovenia) :'(

Sandri

Wow Germany sent 8 points to The Netherlands. I'm proud :)! 2 points to Bulgaria :/?! And 7 to Kuuuuullllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa xheart

Mozz

Wow Germany sent 8 points to The Netherlands. I'm proud :)! 2 points to Bulgaria :/?! And 7 to Kuuuuullllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa xheart

Yes, and we're very very thankful for that (despite the end result). Also Vielen Dank an Deutschland!

BGN

One point more and Sofi would have added one more language in her song for the final - Ich liebe dich :D

Top Bottom