Contact us

SEMI FINAL 2 - DISCUSSION

Miguel

Portugal did much better then us.

I don't mind Croatia getting 12 points from Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina. You wouldn't qualify, anyway. Bulgaria was ahead of both of us. But if there was no Bulgaria, well, totally different case. I would be mad at you. :lol:

LakZaNokte

I don't mind Croatia getting 12 points from Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina. You wouldn't qualify, anyway. Bulgaria was ahead of both of us. But if there was no Bulgaria, well, totally different case. I would be mad at you. :lol:
I know xrofl2
but really, except for our block, only 3 countries voted for us. and we got 1 point from each. that's...bad

Grinch

I'm glad :mk: :nl: and :no: got points from us (wish it helped :nl:) but really fed up with us giving points to always same countries.

12 pts to :ba: blah...

NemesisNick

I watched the second semi-final on Thursday 24 May 2012, and here's my verdict on who qualified and who didn't.

My desired qualifiers: Serbia, F.Y.R. Macedonia, The Netherlands, Malta, Lithuania, plus five of: Belarus, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden, Estonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Actual qualifiers (in order of announcement): Lithuania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Ukraine, Sweden, F.Y.R. Macedonia, Norway, Estonia, Malta, Turkey.

Bold entries represent the actual qualifiers that match my preferences.

Out: Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, The Netherlands.

At the end of the first semi-final, I was gutted The Netherlands didn't qualify because I thought they had a really good entry. I voted for them, IMO the best Dutch entry for years. I was disappointed Portugal, Belarus and Slovenia were out as I quite liked their live SF2 performances. I was disgusted that Norway qualified as their song was one of the four SF2 songs I disliked the most, and didn't want in the final. *The Netherlands deserved the place Norway took. I'd rather Ukraine and Turkey hadn't qualified either. Portugal plus either Belarus or Slovenia deserved the places Ukraine and Turkey took. I was really glad to see Serbia and Malta through as both were excellent songs which I most wanted to qualify. Also I was pleased to see F.Y.R. Macedonia and Lithuania through as, despite my preview experience of them, I quite liked their live SF2 performances. It's just unfortunate that, in the grand final, I felt Lithuania's song wasn't so well performed as in semi-final 2. I was extremely overjoyed that Bulgaria, Georgia and Slovakia failed to qualify as they were exceptionally bad.

I've put a full recap of ESC 2012 Semi-Final 2 on my blog. http://nemesis-nick.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/eurovision-song-contest-2012-semi-final_25.html

Synergise

Completely agree about the Netherlands. I keep watching the performance back, and it just makes me smile. Then it ends, I get a little bummed out that it didn't make the final. I think it's one of my favourite Eurovision entries ever.

wayneofway

Completely agree about the Netherlands. I keep watching the performance back, and it just makes me smile. Then it ends, I get a little bummed out that it didn't make the final. I think it's one of my favourite Eurovision entries ever.

Netherlands's song was really nice, but she had a huge problem of tuning during live performance. That should have affected the votes.

FilipFromSweden

I almost sleeped when Portugal had their turn

Miguel

I almost sleeped when Portugal had their turn

At least you didn't fall asleep, which means it wasn't that bad after all. Still better song than ESC 2012 top 3, though. xhmmm

My 'sleepy' performances in SF 2 (I didn't watch the final live to judge it fairly): Ukraine (mute), Sweden (like a dark room, everything too bland and uninteristing), Georgia (mute), and Bosnia and Herzegovina (too steady, but at least there were lights LOL).

FilipFromSweden

At least you didn't fall asleep, which means it wasn't that bad after all. Still better song than ESC 2012 top 3, though. xhmmm

My 'sleepy' performances in SF 2 (I didn't watch the final live to judge it fairly): Ukraine (mute), Sweden (like a dark room, everything too bland and uninteristing), Georgia (mute), and Bosnia and Herzegovina (too steady, but at least there were lights LOL).

Haha Portugal deserved 17th place in SF2, it sucked. You can't understand what she is saying and she is just standing there with some city background.

hnbsn

I wish all the best tonight to Serbia (Željko we love you), Macedonia (Kaliopi you are my music love), Croatia (Nina whole Balkan is proud on you), Bosnia and Slovenia - ex yu power rangers.

Ray Ban Occhiali

Top Bottom