Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - FINAL REHEARSALS AND LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION

GermanBango

This user even says "I have proof but I don´t write it here". Sorry but I can´t take this serious at all. xfacepalm
Also I apparently have personal connections to Sweden… guess I‘m part of the conspiracy then? Hopefully my Swedish cash is gonna arrive soon.

GermanBango

The Swedish delegation are working to better the contest and I must applaud them for the hardwork, though. The change to the voting in 2016 is very refreshing and it works to acknowledge both jury and televote points. It's one of the best voting changes I've seen.

If we're trying to put it in another way, are other delegations simply not interested in working on reform? I feel Norway or Italy's delegations would love to take part. On the other hand, Melfest is pretty stable as a national festival, so I can see why it might be a model for the reform.
That was something that I was wondering about as well. Eurovision seems like a group project in school where Sweden is the nerdy dude (nobody really likes) who does all the work haha.

My question is, in some batshit unexpected alternate universe where Finland and Sweden swapped places (ie. Finland won juries and Sweden won televote but Finland won the contest in the end), will the ESC fandom be having this meltdown and conversation of an "unfair"/"rigged" win?

Or will it be "Oh yar, that's fine. Thank Goodness for the juries for doing what they are supposed to do."

Just putting this out there.

It's impossible for Sweden to make such an original, creative and out-of-the-box entry as Cha Cha Cha that can win 350+ in televote, or to send a competitive rock / alternative entry to Eurovision, so your question is too hypothetical to give a conclusive answer. 🤣

In other words, for what Sweden does, the style of music it presents, the type of performers it chooses, it can never be appreciated as higly as Finland, Ukraine and Italy are at Eurovision and amongst general audience.

That's the exact reason why we have never mourned over Sweden not winning, not some alledged grudge against Sweden.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Results based on average ranking:
Fwb0AvmWcAQ37Zp

Ezio

Veteran
Televotes SF vs. GF

Finland +199
Norway +114
Sweden +108
Israel +58
Croatia +36
Serbia -21
Albania -24
Moldova -33
Belgium -35
Cyprus -36
Poland -43
Armenia -46
Estonia -52
Portugal -58
Slovenia -58
Lithuania -64
Switzerland -66
Czechia -75
Austria -121
Australia -128

Ezio

Veteran

shameless

Maybe this is super random but can tell me if there was ever some beef between Duncan Laurence and Mahmood?
During the year they finished 1st and 2nd they had zero interaction despite also both winning some Marcel Bercenzon awards and being seated closely to each other in the green room (just like unfortunate Amira was next to Carola in 1991 and even prefered to hug with 2nd-runner-ups Duo Datz LOL). I wish we would've gotten any pictures of them as we did from Käärijä and Lorén this year but never. My hopes where raised up again when the two of them participated on the Liverpool Songbook this year but Mahmood was not even in the frame when all singers entered the stage behind Duncan for the reprise of You never walk alone.
The inner ESC-nerd in me always wants to have these iconic pictures from the winner and the runner-up as we had e.g. with Cliff Richard and Massiel and sometimes the interaction is just not caught backstage.
To see Mahoomd and Duncan commenting on each others posts at least would give some satisfaction. If I have missed something enlight me but for the moment they seem to me like the Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullocks of ESC in avoiding each other at any cost.

Loindici

Veteran
At all costs, please evacuate from the Tattoo thread. I repeat, even if you love Loreen, please evacuate from the Tattoo thread for your own safety and sanity. Thank you for your attention.

giphy.gif

nofuxCZ

Maybe this is super random but can tell me if there was ever some beef between Duncan Laurence and Mahmood?
During the year they finished 1st and 2nd they had zero interaction despite also both winning some Marcel Bercenzon awards and being seated closely to each other in the green room (just like unfortunate Amira was next to Carola in 1991 and even prefered to hug with 2nd-runner-ups Duo Datz LOL). I wish we would've gotten any pictures of them as we did from Käärijä and Lorén this year but never. My hopes where raised up again when the two of them participated on the Liverpool Songbook this year but Mahmood was not even in the frame when all singers entered the stage behind Duncan for the reprise of You never walk alone.
The inner ESC-nerd in me always wants to have these iconic pictures from the winner and the runner-up as we had e.g. with Cliff Richard and Massiel and sometimes the interaction is just not caught backstage.
To see Mahoomd and Duncan commenting on each others posts at least would give some satisfaction. If I have missed something enlight me but for the moment they seem to me like the Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullocks of ESC in avoiding each other at any cost.

I remember a minor Twitter drama, when Duncan unfollowed Mahmood on Instagram soon after ESC 2019 final. Probably unfollowed in accident as he quickly followed him again, but yeah the twitter fandom were freaking out...

Also there is this

Ezio

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
BREAKING NEWS:

Loreen has withdrew from her position as the winner of ESC 2023, and has given the trophy to Empress Ahlena of Poland with the song "Booty".

Ezio

Veteran
Just rewatched Australia. No one has said anything yet but I feel like this is a complete performance from a backing track, besides the lead singing. Doesn’t sit right with me, together with Poland and Cyprus. How they pulled off the song the last minute on stage, I don’t believe that was live at all.

AndroZeus

Just rewatched Australia. No one has said anything yet but I feel like this is a complete performance from a backing track, besides the lead singing. Doesn’t sit right with me, together with Poland and Cyprus. How they pulled off the song the last minute on stage, I don’t believe that was live at all.
Idk about Australia (though the lead was definitely live), but I'm pretty sure Cyprus was live during the verses, but drowned out by backing vocals dubbing the lead in the "ooh" part, and Poland was just heavily dubbed most of the way through...

Jared Jermaine, with 1.5 million followers of Instagram, has finally showed which songs Loreen has copied for Tattoo.

It's obvious the song is not a rip-off or a knock-off only from a specific tune, but that pure plagiarism has won Eurovision.

This is unacceptable for me to be a jury winner. This type of plagiarism can win for sure televote, but it shouldn't win amongst "professional juries" under no circumstances.

Btw the author of original composition Stephen Flaherty, Grammy awardee and a professor at NYU, is credited on Adele's album which I have here at home, whereas on Loreen's record the credits are as far as I can see from Wikipedia:

This is unacceptable!

Andromache

There is a comment that explains it very well. It's a chord progression and not protected by copyright laws. It's a normal thing. This hate train against Loreen is embarrassing. She won. Get over it.

There is a comment that explains it very well. It's a chord progression and not protected by copyright laws. It's a normal thing. This hate train against Loreen is embarrassing. She won. Get over it.

It's not a chord progression that was copied, but a whole melodic line directly from Aeri's 1999 song.

Adele uses same progressions only, but not an entire melody. Still she credited Flaherty.

Progressions cannot be copyrighted, but melody line is.

This isn't about hate, but the fact that something like this cannot out of principle win a jury vote. Don't gaslight please.

Fierro

Really a warm year in terms of everything (except post-results part that is still going on).

As for the hosts, looking back in 2017, I don't feel embarrassed by them this time. Skichko and Ostapchuk were hot guys, but their English level and some very inappropriate lines during the votes announcement still make me feel uncomfortable when I rewatch the show

HarryUK

Veteran
This is still one of the highlights for me:

In a world where being queer is slowly starting to become frowned upon again - the BBC and UK rewrote the rule book and shoved drag on stage in front of millions of Europeans, including countries with a less than ideal history of supporting their LGBT+ citizens!

I was truly humbled to witness this in the arena during my show too! P.s, my girl Tomara (in blue) features here and I am still GAGGED she got this huge gig!!

Last edited:

AndroZeus

This is still one of the highlights for me:

In a world where being queer is slowly starting to become frowned upon again - the BBC and UK rewrote the rule book and shoved drag on stage in front of millions of Europeans, including countries with a less than ideal history of supporting their LGBT+ citizens!

I was truly humbled to witness this in the arena during my show too! P.s, my girl Tomara (in blue) features here and I am still GAGGED she got this huge gig!!
That was a such a moment! I was so happy to see them, not just the queens but also the diverse group of dancers (in terms of body type, especially).

Top Bottom