Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2023 - Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On)

How do you rate this entry?

2 1.5%

4 3.0%

9 6.8%

11 8.3%

10 7.6%

11 8.3%

9 6.8%

15 11.4%

12 9.1%

20 15.2%

29 22.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

Just spotted Theodor and his girlfriend (I believe she is the dancer) in Liverpool city centre.

Realest

0 Televotes :)

Sammy

Veteran
What happened to Romania?
Going from a 100% qualification rate to being dead last in the semi with 0 points in just 5 editions? (counting out the bizarre diqualification and 2020)

Realest

I have a Feeling this will be Romanias last Entry for a while...

Ezio

Veteran
What happened to Romania?
Going from a 100% qualification rate to being dead last in the semi with 0 points in just 5 editions? (counting out the bizarre diqualification and 2020)
Romania got the wrong memo. They thought yay 100% televoting and then they delivered a circus that made the era of 2002 to 2008 look like a classy one.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think it's quite rewarding to see :ro: getting :0: pts in televoting.

I can still remember last decade's conversations among fans lamenting on how "unfair the televoting is because :ro: always gets so many points due to diaspora and neighbouring votes" and here we are... them getting not a single point Oo

Even I didn´t think that we would ever be seeing that day in Eurovision. Oo

Ezio

Veteran
I think it's quite rewarding to see :ro: getting :0: pts in televoting.

I can still remember last decade's conversations among fans lamenting on how "unfair the televoting is because :ro: always gets so many points due to diaspora and neighbouring votes" and here we are... them getting not a single point Oo

Even I didn´t think that we would ever be seeing that day in Eurovision. Oo
Since the pandemic, many Romanians left Austria in droves, because usually they were in our televotes.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
TVR got exactly what they deserved. Not only this has been the worst Selectia Nationala ever, but everything went downhill from there. It's clear they're completely out of their element, living in their own world. Apparently (I didn't catch it as i was watching on yt) last night before ESC they played a "road to Turin" ad and a show about Wrs' preparations for the night :LOL:

randajad

Veteran
Most deserved flop. Theodor and his family have been insufferable know-it-alls who thought they're the shit. Guess what, nobody outside the TVR coffin dodger audience cared about your stupid song.

TVR is stuck somewhere between 1998 and 2002, but the worst thing is the smugness they're showing, it's disgusting. Moldova pls annex us x
And I felt sorry for him??? :lol:

Fluke

Anyone have the full televote placements of this? Curious which if any countries came close to giving him points...

Iker

Veteran
Anyone have the full televote placements of this? Curious which if any countries came close to giving him points...

Likely none, other than some countries with some Romanian diaspora? But probably even these people ignored that.

BTW. I would like to see full results with the number of votes cast in the future but I can suspect that it might lead to some shenanigans.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Posting this here as nobody else has yet. Sounds like Theodor got some absolutely awful treatment and even got some horrendous questions in the interview.

Poor guy. Hopefully TVR sort their shit out or leave and come back when there's a team who can do things properly and Theodor can have a proper go at Eurovision again when he's grown as an artist...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's really such a shame that a country that was once such a powerhouse in Eurovision, had a 100% record and rarely sent a bad entry has fallen so hard from grace. It's actually really sad tbh. I think they need to seriously take a break, reassess what they're doing or let another channel have a go.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hopefully TVR sort their shit out or leave and come back when there's a team who can do things properly

TVR being competent for once challenge (impossible)

We'll most likely permanently withdraw

It's really such a shame that a country that was once such a powerhouse in Eurovision, had a 100% record and rarely sent a bad entry has fallen so hard from grace. It's actually really sad tbh. I think they need to seriously take a break, reassess what they're doing or let another channel have a go.

Back when we were kicked out of the contest in 2016 due to not paying our fees, several other big channels such as Antena Group, ProTV and Kanal D (Turkish owned) offered to join the EBU or at least create a public-private partnership like :ua: and :il: has, but EBU staunchly refused.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
TVR being competent for once challenge (impossible)

We'll most likely permanently withdraw

Back when we were kicked out of the contest in 2016 due to not paying our fees, several other big channels such as Antena Group, ProTV and Kanal D (Turkish owned) offered to join the EBU or at least create a public-private partnership like :ua: and :il: has, but EBU staunchly refused.

That might change though if TVR withdraws. Back then the EBU were probably still working closely with TVR and had the expectation they'd be returning. So another option wasn't necessary.

Top Bottom