Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2023 - Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On)

How do you rate this entry?

2 1.5%

4 3.0%

9 6.8%

11 8.3%

10 7.6%

11 8.3%

9 6.8%

15 11.4%

12 9.1%

20 15.2%

29 22.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Milos-BC

I sure hope :ro: sticks around. It would be a tremendous loss for ESC as a whole if that doesn't happen. And as I said....... :ro: deserves much better than this.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
The Romanian 'golden age' for me in ESC was 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 when they had great songs.

In recent times I have been less impressed. Once in a while they have had something decent but often not. This year's entry is another poor one in my opinion and I think it will struggle to qualify. A great pity since we know how good Romanian music can be.

I also wonder why Romania never sends dance/club music to ESC seeing as they have great dance/club music traditions? It's not the most obvious choice for ESC perhaps but good club music with a good stage act would create some buzz I think and might surprise.

MAD20

Could this boycott to Theodor from TVR be part of a strategy to withdraw, citing poor results? It is fine not to fight for a victory taking into account the cost of it, but this is designed to be dead last in the semi...

JenJen94

I hope not but it seems its looking like its heading that way sadly :(

I actually feel a bit sorry for Theodor and how the broadcaster has treated him

Realest

:ro: is now officially on the same Level with :sm::lv::mk::me::ge:
Embarassing.

Ezio

Veteran
Last place . San Marino was so much better

Fluke

Really sad, i thought he had potential to make it after all, after watching the performance. Even my parents thought it was one of the best, but we don't get to vote in this semi. Hope he can at least find new fans by this, that was a totally respectable performance.

SpiritofKeiino

I attended SF2 afternoon show. He actually has a good voice and would be ideal fronting a rock band. Song dire and obvious NQ.

Realest

This won’t qualify (and it’s by far not the worst song). I have a feeling, Azerbaijan, Poland, Romania etc don’t want to qualify with their song choices this year to protest against what happened last year, lol

But :pl: wanted to qualify

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Most deserved flop. Theodor and his family have been insufferable know-it-alls who thought they're the shit. Guess what, nobody outside the TVR coffin dodger audience cared about your stupid song.

TVR is stuck somewhere between 1998 and 2002, but the worst thing is the smugness they're showing, it's disgusting. Moldova pls annex us x

midnightsun

Veteran
He is a good vocalist but the DGT version tonight was even worse than in the NF imho. No power, no energy. It was DOA and even more dead (last?) after the semi.

SpiritofKeiino

Most deserved flop. Theodor and his family have been insufferable know-it-alls who thought they're the shit. Guess what, nobody outside the TVR coffin dodger audience cared about your stupid song.

TVR is stuck somewhere between 1998 and 2002, but the worst thing is the smugness they're showing, it's disgusting. Moldova pls annex us x
Not familiar with his backstory, what's the background on his family?

JenJen94

I actually liked the acoustic part of this however, overall, the performance just wasn't that great at all....perhaps if he had more of the backing it could have come across better, idk? This probably came dead last.

debemaks

When the song started... what the heck is this? They made it fully acoustic... It could be a great idea to underline his voice for an awful song... then it changed... no way... the messy one in the semifinal was far better. Dead last IMHO

empo21

Veteran
This was bad. Like abysmally bad.

I was confused with the revamp as well. I didn't remember it being acoustic. What kind of choice was that?

Last edited:

Milos-BC

Expected outcome sadly. Definitely the weakest package of the evening overall. As I said recently, people who are in charge of ESC need to go and new "fresh" blood is needed. People who have ambitions. And the results will come over time.

Top Bottom