Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2023 - Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On)

How do you rate this entry?

2 1.5%

4 3.0%

9 6.8%

11 8.3%

10 7.6%

11 8.3%

9 6.8%

15 11.4%

12 9.1%

20 15.2%

29 22.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
There is interest honestly, but the way TVR is doing things turns everyone off. This year's line-up was full of nobodies and the quality was abysmal so I'm not surprised by the low viewership. Hell, outside Selectia Nationala or sporting events such as the Olympics, I don't think anyone even watches TVR.

If only they would admit defeat and at least share the broadcasting rights with another broadcaster, like some other countries do, there are plenty other channels who can turn things around (some even tried in 2016, but of course EBU turned them down)

rasmuslights

Veteran
There is interest honestly, but the way TVR is doing things turns everyone off. This year's line-up was full of nobodies and the quality was abysmal so I'm not surprised by the low viewership. Hell, outside Selectia Nationala or sporting events such as the Olympics, I don't think anyone even watches TVR.

If only they would admit defeat and at least share the broadcasting rights with another broadcaster, like some other countries do, there are plenty other channels who can turn things around (some even tried in 2016, but of course EBU turned them down)

tbh. the most potential that romania showed in the last decade was with Roxen (that 2020 selection remains one of the best selections of all time). IDK why they stopped working with global records.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
tbh. the most potential that romania showed in the last decade was with Roxen (that 2020 selection remains one of the best selections of all time). IDK why they stopped working with global records.
Most likely Global Records ended their collaboration with them due to the many disputes they've had, TVR really tried to reign in and do whatever they please...again.

Initially I thought this year they'd correct the course because they've invited people working closely with big festivals such as Untold, Summerwell, Jazz In The Park etc. so the songs would've been picked by people who actually know the music industry at the moment. Welp, couldn't have been more wrong.

ayzelto

I enjoy the song to some extent. With that I don’t mean I will put it on repeat, but as I said, I kinda like it. 6 points for now.

Serena00

I think the song is not that bad. After listening to 15 songs a few times, I can definitely remember this one, but not Denmark or Malta. 6 points

Deleted member 12761

I really think Romania will withdraw after this year. a bit more than 100.000 viewers in a country of 20 million is just embarrassing. It's clear there's no interest for esc in Romania (neither from the people nor from the music industry).

I hope they withdraw tbh.
I don't want them to withdraw but I also think that it is likely after they NQ this year (which imo there is a high chance they will). I hope they don't withdraw. I don't understand what happened to Romania? They used to do well at Eurovision but the last few years were a mess. They delivered some great bops in the past. How popular is Selecția Națională? Maybe it would be better for them to select internally? I'm a fan of national selections but they don't work for every country. Big artists usually don't want to go through a NF. For some countries internal selections are better.

Iker

Veteran
E-an-na (participated in Romanian preselections) released a new song, it is amazing! I did not expect metal music this heavy from them! Very creative stuff. The chorus is gorgeous.

I remember that last year a lot of people voiced their discontent with the decision of the Romanian jury that eliminated them before the final. I liked their entry too.

Last edited:

Smudy

I hit me yesterday with the live performance in Moldova's national final that if he pulls through the televote semi 2, he could have a chance of a low top 15.

He's an insanely good performer and singer

SpiritofKeiino

This song is screaming NQ at me, the package seems off, unless something drastically improves. I LOVED WRS last year

FilipFromSweden

It's funny how TVR threw a fit and barked at the EBU last year, threatening with withdrawing etc. - only to swallow their pride for an entry like this...

Ezio

Veteran
#3 is the obvious NQ slot

Fluke

Anyone else think this is underrated AF? He just radiates energy, fun and talent, the vocals are so on point.... it seems to be the cheezy staging that puts people off. I think this can definitely make the final, maybe even top 15 with a great staging.

Remember how Cezar was ridiculed and then became a fan favorite just before the actual performance? Not coincidentally, also Romanian, and i think this can happen again with this one. This is actually a good song that just kind of got lost in the mess of other "weird" entries released at the same time, and the lack of updates (no MV, revamped studio version etc.) made everyone just forget about it entirely. Give this a chance, this is gonna do better than Eurofans currently seem to think.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Anyone else think this is underrated AF? He just radiates energy, fun and talent, the vocals are so on point.... it seems to be the cheezy staging that puts people off. I think this can definitely make the final, maybe even top 15 with a great staging.

Remember how Cezar was ridiculed and then became a fan favorite just before the actual performance? Not coincidentally, also Romanian, and i think this can happen again with this one. This is actually a good song that just kind of got lost in the mess of other "weird" entries released at the same time, and the lack of updates (no MV, revamped studio version etc.) made everyone just forget about it entirely. Give this a chance, this is gonna do better than Eurofans currently seem to think.
Please tell me you are not comparing DGT to Its My Life

Top Bottom