16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
It’s a 7 from me. I am not as hyped as many people here, but I can still appreciate it.

yeah, same! I'm giving it an 8. Definitely deserves to qualify! It's my 3rd or 4th not sure if I prefer Slovenia or Czech Republic. Ukraine and Spain remain my favourites. These 4 songs are great tho!

Sammy

Veteran
I quite liked the studio version, but the live was a big letdown. The voices where thin and powerless, the girls rather static and I didn‘t feel their charisma. A lot of room to improve for Liverpool. At the moment my last place.

Last edited:

lacrymea

I gave it a :7: on first listen only. The chorus is great and I like most of the song. Gotta say some English bits threw me off and I'm not crazy about their stage performance.

A-lister

Veteran
Yay!!! xcheer

Now the hard work starts though, the song is there, I would personally take away the English though and some minor revamping but don't think it'll happen.

But they have lots of work to do regarding the staging, it needs proper staging, choreography, costumes and vocal delivery, the national final staging just won't work here but I believe in it, it has lots of potential. The problem is that Czechia in Eurovision is pretty bad at staging so hopefully they come up with a good concept.

DanielLuis

Why anyone would judge this based on a performance held in a stage so small and where the audio mix was obviously weak af for all acts is truly beyond me.
That stage literally looked like an IKEA showroom, their performance in May will have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Sammy

Veteran
Why anyone would judge this based on a performance held in a stage so small and where the audio mix was obviously weak af for all acts is truly beyond me.
That stage literally looked like an IKEA showroom, their performance in May will have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Since I suppose you refer to me: I judge what I see and hear, not what could perhaps be. But I‘m open to be convinced from the opposite.

theditz83

Veteran
I just don't get a clear chorus from listening to it. But I know I typically gravitate more towards a stronger melody - it seems like there's a lot of noise around this one that makes the lead melody in the jointly performed sections (which I assume are the chorus) sound a little muddy and messy.

But I'll give this one the chance to grow as like I said they performed well and with passion. I think elevating this for a Eurovision stage instead of a late-night talk show setting like this one was will make it better xup

A-lister

Veteran

This!

I don't really get why some take a crappy local selection in a small studio setting with little preparation into account when judging a chosen entry when we know very well that things will probably look very different in May.

As I wrote in here previously when the same discussion was happening, only a handful of countries have ready packages and big national finals prior Eurovision. I mean many countries still do internal selections with no live presentations of the songs prior the Eurovision stage at all (take Eleni in 2018 as a prime example).

I think the logical thing at this stage is to simply judge the song and cross our fingers the Czech delegation will work well on the presentation for May, most of us can agree that in its current form it wouldn't work well, but I wouldn't hold it against them for now considering what I wrote in the beginning of this comment.

Sammy

Veteran
This!

I don't really get why some take a crappy local selection in a small studio setting with little preparation into account when judging a chosen entry when we know very well that things will probably look very different in May.

you didn‘t write this in the case of Ireland, did you? I get you don‘t understand why there are people who just are not impressed, when you are. But that‘s the way it is. And with a very warm greeting: here‘s your favorite emoji: xshrug

xkiss

A-lister

Veteran
you didn‘t write this in the case of Ireland, did you?
Not sure what you mean ? Ireland was a lost cause, there was no strong song to begin with, there's just so much you can polish a turd :lol:
I get you don‘t understand why there are people who just are not impressed, when you are. But that‘s the way it is. And with a very warm greeting: here‘s your favorite emoji: xshrug

xkiss
Well, I get it if you are judging this particular presentation, but it kinda makes little sense if you look at the context it was presented hence makes more sense to wait until May.

However, if you don't like the song itself, then that's of course a different topic, then no presentation will change that and that's fair enough.

Ezio

Veteran
Wanna know my secret? Bam! :12:

HayashiM

Veteran
4 hours after the announcement, not eurovision.tv, nor the youtube, nor the twitter of eurovision confirmed Vesna will sing for Czech Republic.
EBU is probably pondering whether it should allow Vesna's political double entendre. Which was to be expected.

At worst, I think they can probably just change some lyrics and emphasize the feminist part of their message more. Hopefully they can keep it just as-is.

Courtzer

EBU is probably pondering whether it should allow Vesna's political double entendre. Which was to be expected.

At worst, I think they can probably just change some lyrics and emphasize the feminist part of their message more. Hopefully they can keep it just as-is.
They've had a couple weeks to ponder this tho... it's not like this victory came out of nowhere

Top Bottom