2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyFalcon

I think it's Dead. We had Yulia Samoilova, we had Maruv, We had Alina Pash. The context is even worse now, so probably the same Destiny for Vesna.
Too early to say i think but yeah like you, i have the feeling something is happening behind the scenes and nothing seems like set in stone right now. At first, i was telling myself they were only late to announce the songs but thinking about this more deeply, they are used to announce the winner right after a NF or at best in the same hour. So the situation here is quite unusual.

They are maybe investigating and taking some time to think if this entry has to in Liverpool or not, considering the actual situation and the ukrainian reactions of the song.

akoz

Thanks to eurovision mobile app notifications, I knew about this selection and I can say that Czech Republic had 2 good choices and they selected one of them - good job (y). I put :8: in the poll, I'd rate Ghosting a little bit higher, but sadly my votes from 3 emails don't help Pam Rabbit to win xshrug

As for the song - it's too messy for me - sounds like some kind of mashup, performance is also a little bit of mess and live isn't too convincing - chorus in ukrainian sounds a lot weaker than in studio version. But overall, this is pretty interesting package that can target top10 in the final and if they polish song and performance - maybe their best result, with message it brings up. Good luck :cz:.

Sammy

Veteran
Not sure what you mean ? Ireland was a lost cause, there was no strong song to begin with, there's just so much you can polish a turd :lol:

Well, I get it if you are judging this particular presentation, but it kinda makes little sense if you look at the context it was presented hence makes more sense to wait until May.

However, if you don't like the song itself, then that's of course a different topic, then no presentation will change that and that's fair enough.
I‘m so sorry to not to have done what you want. You‘re completeley right. Nobody has ever judged a song by any presentation other than the final one. That‘s why the forum is practically dead during the preparty season. (Or did I miss something and the performances actually ARE the same as on the big stage?)
But I will read the groundbreaking book „A-listers Book of Rules to judge a song correctly - how to always be right“ once it will be published and in the meantime I‘m willing to send you all my future postings beforehand to let them be vetted. I surely don‘t want to risk to make this terrible terrible error again to have an heretic opinion on a song. Based on a performance!! Oh my god! How could I do this? Why didn‘t I wait till may to say anything about it at all? Why didn’t I ask you what opinion I should have on a song since you know so very well why you can judge some songs on their live performance and why you cannot do it with others? Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
If EBU doesn't allow this song because "it can be interpreted as political", I will riot.

There's not a single direct reference to the "current situation".
France 2015, Armenia 2015 were way worse (regarding making references to political statements).

I hope that no double standards will be applied and that they are just checking the entry because it's "necessary to do so to shut down annoying people un advance" or dunno, something else is off... does the Russian member of the group only have a Russian passport? Maybe they have to sort thins out regarding visas?

The song itself is non-political. Should we ban all songs about freedom, sisterhood, unity and togetherness now and just settle down for songs about love and dancing?

MopManMoss

Veteran
I see no reason why this should happen. Are there any hints for that other than a vague feeling among the fandom?
Eurovision social media usually posts about the winner of an NF within seconds of their victory, it’s been nearly twelve and a half hours

Sammy

Veteran
Eurovision social media usually posts about the winner of an NF within seconds of their victory, it’s been nearly twelve and a half hours
that‘s unusual, sure. Still hoping that this is only due to other reasons.

12Pointsgoto.....

I just don't get a clear chorus from listening to it. But I know I typically gravitate more towards a stronger melody - it seems like there's a lot of noise around this one that makes the lead melody in the jointly performed sections (which I assume are the chorus) sound a little muddy and messy.

But I'll give this one the chance to grow as like I said they performed well and with passion. I think elevating this for a Eurovision stage instead of a late-night talk show setting like this one was will make it better xup
I think for me and for most people, the noise sells the chorus really well. The Intro pulls you in from the first second and the chorus keeps the song interesting throughout. I don't particularly enjoy the english part, I think it is the weakest part of the song and they could probably swap it out for czech or another language. I do enjoy the Bulgarian rap part however, I think it makes the song more memorable. I did like it in the music video where all six members sang the chorus together at the end, and I felt like the three non singers were very awkwardly standing in the back.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Given that the official socials have posted about Dora something is clearly wrong I imagine the Ukrainian broadcaster has said something to the EBU

empo21

Veteran
Can anyone summarise this whole deal quickly?

I'm understanding that one of the members is Russian with Russian citizenship/passport? Is that it?

HayashiM

Veteran

I'm understanding that one of the members is Russian with Russian citizenship/passport? Is that it?
In a nutshell, EBU saw the quality of our results presentation broadcast and is currently searching for a way to avoid the dreadful possibility we could actually win and host.

HayashiM

Veteran

But in seriousness, I don't think it's about the Russian member at all for the EBU. The real question is to which extent is Vesna's message of support for Ukraine crossing their line of inclusion of politics, and how acceptable the entire cocktail is for EBU's reputation.

DirtyFalcon

Even though they explained their thinking in a statement, as much as you can believe them, There are still many ukrainians (and i don't think it would be only a small minority) who feel offended by this song and this is something the EBU needs to take in consideration for his reputation and Eurovision reputation (which suffered recently because of politics). This is not an easy topic and the message behind the song can always be misunderstood. Some people, even with explanations don't want to believe them and they will still believe it's russian propaganda for example. EBU is maybe taking care of this because it can be an important hit to Eurovision itself if this win Eurovision.

Like Hayashi said, i don't think it's because of having a russian member on the band.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Like Hayashi said, i don't think it's because of having a russian member on the band.
Look up Vesna on any social media platform and actually go and look what Ukranians are saying its almost entirely about there being a russian member and there is so much misinformation being posted about them it is unreal like I keep seeing so many people saying the russian member is singing ukranian in the live when in reality she doesnt open her mouth once whilst playing the keyboard

mauve

Veteran
I gave this fantastic song "only" a :10: because I didn't like the live performance too much. I might change it to a :12: when they convince me in May with a better staging. But a great entry nevertheless!

Top Bottom