Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Austria's First Rehearsal Gallery:

I do like what they are going for in terms of staging, so Lum!x will get to interact with Pia and he will also have some good focus since technically Lum!x is the main artist here. I would imagine that will be alot of close-up and interesting camera shots because they are both inside the halo-looking rig, so movements are restricted. So there are 2 backing vocalists for Pia.

As for Croatia, really not fond of the outfit choice for Mia. It screams "I have an award show to attend later but I need to perform at a pub in the meantime" look because of the guitar. Should have gone with a simpler outfit like she had in the NF.
Other than that, the involvement of 2-male-1-female dancers concept is pretty good to highlight the meaning of the song.

Portugal's staging looks like we are getting a very simplistic performance, not like it requires anything else. So hopefully the effective use of lights and camera shots will help to capture the intimate atmosphere. But hopefully, it won't look too boring with nothing much going on.

As for Denmark, just as what it is expected. Nothing much to say.

And also, seems like we are getting lots of purple lights this year. At least 1/3 of the performances so far have purple lightings at one point.

Last edited:

Miss Antartica

You can see that the sun is broken, and also the leds are stuck inside and are unusable, now it is no longer a sun but a half full moon.

tararaaam

It all starts on stage with Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord with her eyes closed and then opens them singing the a capella part of "Die Together". Then, lights are alternated on half of the singer's face each time and close-up.

Then Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord takes a step back and appears to be sitting in a blue chair. The shot opens and suddenly many of the same chairs appear, which begin to melt, resembling a painting, and so the blue color spreads throughout the scene of "PalaOlimpico".

Also, two shadows appear, one belonging to Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord and the other to a man, and they dance. Reaching the climax of the song, the shot becomes general and the scene is bathed in light and intense blue colors.

On the floor, the shadow of Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord, now, grows slowly and becomes like a clock pointer and rotates around it. So, in the end, everything becomes bright with blue projector rays. "Die Together" ends, as it begins, that is, with a close-up of the singer, who this time closes her eyes and, therefore, the audience realizes that this is a dream through the eyes of the 25-year-old.

hungo

Austria is back! I liked Pia singing at the press conference so everybody knows she can sing.

It all starts on stage with Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord with her eyes closed and then opens them singing the a capella part of "Die Together". Then, lights are alternated on half of the singer's face each time and close-up.

Then Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord takes a step back and appears to be sitting in a blue chair. The shot opens and suddenly many of the same chairs appear, which begin to melt, resembling a painting, and so the blue color spreads throughout the scene of "PalaOlimpico".

Also, two shadows appear, one belonging to Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord and the other to a man, and they dance. Reaching the climax of the song, the shot becomes general and the scene is bathed in light and intense blue colors.

On the floor, the shadow of Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord, now, grows slowly and becomes like a clock pointer and rotates around it. So, in the end, everything becomes bright with blue projector rays. "Die Together" ends, as it begins, that is, with a close-up of the singer, who this time closes her eyes and, therefore, the audience realizes that this is a dream through the eyes of the 25-year-old.

This sounds spectacular.

tararaaam

I hope they just manage to handle it well in terms of technology. If yes, that sounds REALLY good.

Zeus

Iceland staging photos looks like a warm, cozy campfire. NF staging looked a bit more mystical in my eyes, but it could still be a moment, altough in a semi with Netherlands, Portugal and Greece as well the question is if it really stands out. Hard to predict this. Maybe the juries could save this.

goncalovieira

Ok, today's rehearsals are better compared with yesterday.

Ezio

Veteran
EBU shutting out fan outlets from rehearsals is nothing but censorship. I only watch the livestream, because I have a hunch on Matt. Other than that, it's really frustrating this year.

Nicholas123

FRrO3MvXwAAX69c

It looks interesting and the descriptions got me hyped. Let's wait and see

Zeus

There is a concept and the blue collor pattern looks quite refreshing. Nice, classy dress as well. So far, this looks like the ballad/slower song that might step up because of a special staging. Only negative thing is that the chairs do seem a bit odd and messy to me on stage, but maybe there are some special effects on camera so it makes sense.

aef

That´s a pity. I still believe that Austria has good chances to qualify but the song deserved a better vocalist. Pia´s voice is simply weak. The studio version already hinted at it since her voice sounds very processed, auto-tuned and was heavily backed by background singers/vocals.

It´s really strange that ORF wanted to put emphasis on live vocals and waited so long to decide on an artist and in the end we ended up with Pia - "Halo" itself is a bop and could smash at Eurovision but I really don´t think it´s about to happen.
Curious to see the performance, though.
I‘ve been on the night train to Turin with them on Friday and they are really nice, down to earth. Just normal teenagers. Pia still seems to have some health issues concerning her voice (I don’t know if it’s from her Covid infection or just a normal cold).

Now that I have seen Greek gallery, I'm correcting my previous "sounds spectacular" statement.

It actually looks like a scene from Frozen cartoon and I don't like it.

Her white glittery Disney dress, combined with colours that supposed represent Greek flag, actually enunciates even more the "Frozen" allusion.

That is a huge faux pas given the topic of the song.

As Albanian staging, Greek doesn't represent the song nor the emotions people have for the song.

crashworld

Veteran
Iceland's First Rehearsal Gallery:

Seems like it's just the NF's staging translated on bigger stage. With Portugal coming before and then Greece coming after directly, don't know how much of a lasting impact it will have.

Greece's First Rehearsal Gallery:

Love the iridescent-looking dress on her. Excellent choice in that. Based on the staging concept, seems really cool. But we can really decide how good it is until we see it on screen. Remember the "never-been-seen-before" concept for 2021 only to end up looking like a dirt-cheap Just Dance 2012 copy.

ItsJaden

Last edited:

0scar

Forgive my whining ass but the photo galleries for every country looks the same but different colours, just loads of lights coming from behind

Top Bottom