Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
Winner of the day (y) : Bulgaria. I'd always liked the song despite the dubious attempts at a "message so generic it is kinda weird" coming from its background influencers. After today, I think there is a qualification path, though still a very difficult and improbable one.

Disappointment of the day :( : Albania. I keep thinking of Je Me Casse here. While Sekret's ambitions probably aren't as high, I still belive the wardrobe choices could be improved. Don't get me wrong, I have yet to see a photo of Ronela's where she isn't absolutely stunning, but I think this kind of stunning doesn't align with the song's vibe as well as it could.

Loser of the day (n) : EBU. I don't subscribe to the "first impression is oh so important" theory, but for me, these tik tok exclusive videos really don't do the first impressions any favours. For most stagings, I don't feel very impressed, intrigued nor engaged. I will watch the second rehearsals videos out of habit and curiosity, but for now, there is 0 hype. Plus every other comment under the summary of the day youtube video asks for the rehearsal videos to be uploaded to youtube as well, or expresses negative emotions regarding tiktok, people clearly aren't happy about it. I really hope the tiktok exclusivity is just a one time thing.

akoz

Just watched videos in tiktok through browser on pc without logging/registration and there is almost nothing to watch, for some contestants videos are much less informative than videos of first rehearsals from last year. I'll wait for second rehearsal and official clip-cuts to see who is a grower and who is a fader but from what I saw today I'm not a fan of Albania outfit (but she is still safe qualifier), S10 vocals sound shaky and Slovenia disco ball looks intriguing for me. Everything else was quite predictable.

crashworld

Veteran
Day 2 Rehearsals Live Blog from Official ESC website:

Edit:

Portugal's First Rehearsal Gallery

Croatia's First Rehearsal Gallery

Last edited:

Tinchey

It's too early to predict but I can't see Albania going through, also The Netherlands is overpowered by Bulgaria and Moldova. Slovenia coule be close tho imo.

AlekS

Veteran
Portugal will definitely qualify, imo.

Austria - the idea is similar to their music video, they're standing in the round neon lights. Fire and smoke. Vocal problems for her, tho.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
That´s a pity. I still believe that Austria has good chances to qualify but the song deserved a better vocalist. Pia´s voice is simply weak. The studio version already hinted at it since her voice sounds very processed, auto-tuned and was heavily backed by background singers/vocals.

It´s really strange that ORF wanted to put emphasis on live vocals and waited so long to decide on an artist and in the end we ended up with Pia - "Halo" itself is a bop and could smash at Eurovision but I really don´t think it´s about to happen.
Curious to see the performance, though.

crashworld

Veteran
Denmark's First Rehearsal Gallery

Austria - the idea is similar to their music video, they're standing in the round neon lights. Fire and smoke. Vocal problems for her, tho.

Oh dear, not even with the help of backing vocalists? Let's hope it's not that bad. It can't get any worse than the Israel Calling performance.

Mainshow

Veteran
Denmark's First Rehearsal Gallery

Oh dear, not even with the help of backing vocalists? Let's hope it's not that bad. It can't get any worse than the Israel Calling performance.

Don´t forget to vote in the ESCunitedVision final, pls (just a quick reminder).

^^ I agree with you - it can´t get worse than what Pia offered us in Israel but still, I was hoping for better vocals in Turin (haven´t heard them yet but after seeing her other performances I definitely believe that she didn´t sound too well).

CPV4931

Austria is my #1 this year, so I hope they qualify ofc, but with some "borderline qualifiers" of this semis seeming to have a good staging, the chances for Austria at least aren´t increasing

Zeus

Don't get me wrong, but I think people who will love the Austrian song in general are not really the ones to be very critical about vocal quality in the first place. It's pretty much a repetitive club/dance production, so I think there is a different fandom with different musical standards for it.

Long story short: I still think it will be at least a televote qualifier in the semi, even if she sounds way off once again. Question is: will the televote score be enough to get them through to the final? I think so.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, but I think people who will love the Austrian song in general are not really the ones to be very critical about vocal quality in the first place. It's pretty much a repetitive club/dance production, so I think there is a different fandom with different musical standards for it.

Long story short: I still think it will be at least a televote qualifier in the semi, even if she sounds way off once again. Question is: will the televote score be enough to get them through to the final? I think so.

The televote is usually far more forgiving of weak vocals in general, especially if the song is strong, the singer has charisma and the staging is good. Many singers have made the final with average to poor vocals, also not every song demans vocal perfection. There is a limit to it though. Austria is one of my big favourites, but if her performance is anything like at Israel Calling then the juries will probably sink it beyond saving. Also Austria is one of the countries who struggle a lot with the televote in general, even in years they qualified.

0scar

The arch looks really weird in the pictures of Denmark's rehearsal, with the brightly coloured backdrop. Don't know if it is supposed to look like this but I can imagine they wanted to use the LED side of the arch.

I really hope it can be fixed before the live shows because this big black part of the stage isn't great for these brightly coloured performances like these :(

Top Bottom