Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
Tbh I love her vocals xheart

crashworld

Veteran
Performance @ London Eurovision Party

I really fear for their qualification now. Dominika sounds pretty "bad' live. She is basically struggling hitting the high notes and she didn't exactly sound great for her verses. And she isn't doing much movement when singing. Let's hope she will keep improving but I really doubt she will sound amazing all of a sudden in May. She needs lots of backing vocals to help her.

crashworld

Veteran
Performance @ Israel Calling

Dominika sounds decent in the performance, but for the high notes, I think it's better that she rely on backing vocalists during the ESC performance. I really doubt she can pull off.

Slabsson79

Performance @ Israel Calling

Dominika sounds decent in the performance, but for the high notes, I think it's better that she rely on backing vocalists during the ESC performance. I really doubt she can pull off.
I agree. I have read a statement of the Austria delegation, which refers to a Covid related tarnishment of Pia Maria. I had Covid myself two weeks ago and I am still having a sore throat and do not feel as I did before. So i guess, covid does have an impact on the ability of a singer. Now of course, this might come by as a "lame excuse" and even if it does not, nobody will take it into consideration, when voting time comes.
So while the Austrian delegation communicates measures to cope with this issue, the Czech delegation remains silent, not even updating the FB page of ESC 2022 (not surprised about this tbh)

So, i wish Dominika a swift recovery and to find a way to overcome the limits she faces. I still think, that with a decent staging and an adjusted performance, thiw can and will Q.

P. S.
Would also work on the outfit :)

crashworld

Veteran
I think for now, it's pretty much Czech Republic to lose now. They have a great song, the ESC community loves it and given a pretty good slot in SF2. So it's really down to them.

I think for the staging, if they kept something similar in style to NF, it should be fine.

I am more worried with Dominika's vocals being the weakest link here. If she didn't sound good, I really can see them being marked down heavily in that aspect coz SF2 have lots of very competent vocalists. And they cannot afford to score low because the competition is exceptionally tight.

Chalphon

I think for now, it's pretty much Czech Republic to lose now. They have a great song, the ESC community loves it and given a pretty good slot in SF2. So it's really down to them.

I think for the staging, if they kept something similar in style to NF, it should be fine.

I am more worried with Dominika's vocals being the weakest link here. If she didn't sound good, I really can see them being marked down heavily in that aspect coz SF2 have lots of very competent vocalists. And they cannot afford to score low because the competition is exceptionally tight.
Weak vocals can really break a song, we've seen it before many times in this competition. Let's hope it wount come to that.

empo21

Veteran
Technical difficulties aside, she is still very inexperienced and is making it known quite well. The same night Ronela also had the same issues, but she didn't even give a hint of it, so did other artists.

As an example, Roxen had a similar issue last year in the jury show and sounded bad. Her proper performance was also not good, so I don't have faith in Domi's vocals even when her in-ears do work in Turin.

I mean she's clearly struggling with the long note.

Slabsson79

Technical difficulties aside, she is still very inexperienced and is making it known quite well. The same night Ronela also had the same issues, but she didn't even give a hint of it, so did other artists.

As an example, Roxen had a similar issue last year in the jury show and sounded bad. Her proper performance was also not good, so I don't have faith in Domi's vocals even when her in-ears do work in Turin.

I mean she's clearly struggling with the long note.
Well, maybe the other artist are just more "professional" in disguising their contempt. So, yeah, maybe Dominika should be more professional about this, she is not a newcomer to the stage however, as far as I am familiar with her career up to date.

What I rather ask myself: Why are they touring the pre-parties at all, instead on focusing to overcome to covid and vocal issues she has. She weakens herself by the constant travel and shows a rather weak performance hereby tarnishing the expectations people have/had in her...I would really skip it and visit a foniatrical clinic, if i were here. And as I am still struggling with post-covid, i do not have a problem in believing it can affect the vocal cords and breathing.

empo21

Veteran
Well, maybe the other artist are just more "professional" in disguising their contempt. So, yeah, maybe Dominika should be more professional about this, she is not a newcomer to the stage however, as far as I am familiar with her career up to date.

What I rather ask myself: Why are they touring the pre-parties at all, instead on focusing to overcome to covid and vocal issues she has. She weakens herself by the constant travel and shows a rather weak performance hereby tarnishing the expectations people have/had in her...I would really skip it and visit a foniatrical clinic, if i were here. And as I am still struggling with post-covid, i do not have a problem in believing it can affect the vocal cords and breathing.

yup that's what I meant by calling her inexperienced, she isn't as good as other artists this year at handling technical issues.

Yeah I guess they want the promo, but yeah all the concerts might exhaust them, luckily the next few weeks she can rest and improve

kamc

Her voice sounded way too low and deep in the arena last night but makes sense now if there were technical issues

crashworld

Veteran
If they are smart, they should plan strategically. Do promotion only in the countries that will vote in SF2. Then they can focus the remaining time in getting the vocals right. But of course, in the grander scale of things, they may just want to get their name out there by doing all these promotions. So to the band, if they do well in the contest, it's an added bonus.

I bims

Veteran
And the mood of today is:

TnQZ6e8.jpg

But the sound engineer kinda deserved it :lol: And no, she couldn't pull her in ears out and continue singing, because it's a big venue.

Relateable. Yes it's unprofessional but she had constantly issues with her in-ears through a lot of performances and there is a point when you are just fed up to constantly deal with that. On top of that she's probably stressing out because she knows that the last performances weren't her best vocally. So I understand when she needs to vent.

henhu

I fear that it will do :lv: 2017 despite being one of the best songs in studio version :(

goncalovieira

Oh gosh. I am praying for a miracle.
Semifinal 2 will be so competitive.

ESC Luigi

These is gonna be a lot of competition in Semi 2. Especially for the last couple of spots for the grand final. However if they succeed in the vocals, I'm sure of a final place. There is no song quite like it in this semi.

HayashiM

Veteran
Interesting story on lakemalawi's instagram now (sorry in case I just discovered America and this has already been public knowledge) - We are Domi and Lake Malawi have been in touch since last March, Lights off got written during a writing camp attended by both these groups, and there is a Lake Malawi feat. We are Domi collab song coming out on Friday :)

Top Bottom