So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
Well, just because I often like ballads that doesn´t mean that I like all of them, as always there are good and bad ones. ;)
Oh, not just because they are ballads. Musically there is a certain familiarity with Poland 2022 and Switzerland 2021 and 2020. I‘m not saying they are similar, but there is a similar vibe if you know what I mean.
Anyhow - it‘s no judgement, just an observation

Last edited:

ESC94

Oh, not just because they are ballads. Musically there is a certain familiarity with Poland 2022 and Switzerland 2021 and 2020. I‘m notnaaying they are similar, but there is a similar vibe if you know what I mean.
Anyhow - it‘s no judgement, just an observation

Well, they´re performed by young men, that´s all. I don´t really feel any simiilarities between them. xshrug

midnightsun

Veteran
It will qualify and it could maybe go top 10. But I don’t know weather it will beat Poland, since they are similar what voting pattern is concerned. I can see our German jury giving this 12 points, its exactly that kind of song they prefer. But I think in some countries this won’t be as well received, so it will lose some points. And there is only room for one heart-breaking ballad in the top 5 and that will be rather Poland than Australia.

Preuss

I can't wait to be here in May when this inevitably does well

though the changing needs to change. Get rid of the ugly fans (the prop) and make it brighter

Last edited:

Preuss

Just not sure why people are acting like this will not be tweaked at all between now and the final? Hasn't Kate taught you anything? Lol.

It should be tweaked for the better. Tbh I was surprised that the staging in Australia Decides wasn't better lol, and if they were to actually use a prop, I'd expect it to somehow elevate the performance. That prop was so irrelevant :rolleyes: His outfit was amazing though, that can come with him to Torino, but the staging has to be brighter so that we can actually see it

that and the mask reveal, everything else needs to change and get better

Lance Esgard

So, I am the bearer of some news that will make some people even saltier:

TV Tonight (source: https://tvtonight.com.au/2022/02/eurovision-voting-line-error-leaves-viewers-seething.html) has reported what has also been discussed on social media, namely that a timezone mix-up, where 21:45 AEDT was indicated instead of 21:45 AEST in on-screen graphics, meant that some voters believed that voting was to end an hour before it actually did, before several acts had even performed. It appears that at least some people chose not to vote for certain acts believing that the voting lines had already actually closed.

It cannot be said definitely if there was any noticeable impact on the votes, but the possibility has been raised.

There are anecdotal reports of votes before 21:45 AEST but after 21:45 AEDT not going through. If the timezone error was duplicated elsewhere (i.e. in setting-up voting lines or the set-up for automated processing of votes), then there would be a chance of at least some votes not being accurately counted.

The error (whether just in an on-screen graphic or something more) would have been the result of a simple typo, as D and S are right next to each other on an English computer keyboard.

Preuss

Voyager got the maximum amount of points, didn’t they? So it wouldn’t have mattered anyway

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

Preuss

But yeah, if anyone knows, I’d like to know why SBS changed the televote point system from previous years

Top Bottom