So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

lacrymea

12 for his voice. Deducted points for the mask, unnecessary theatrics and too much wailing for me (same as Poland). So in the end, it's a :6:. But this will do well in May.

Sammy

Veteran
I'm feeling for this guy, this is his moment. But the song is not really for me. I mean, I don't skip it immediately but I don't really enjoy it either... 6 points for the moment.

Chorizo

The vocals are good, but that seems like such a standard ballad. I'm not a fan of the staging in the NF.
I give it 7 points in recognition of the vocals and for being a decent ballad, although it fails to excite me.

nudiecrudi

Often vocals aren't enough.
Australia 2022 and Poland 2022 are so similar. It happened to listen them one after another on Spotify s Esc 2022 Playlist and it seemed to listen the same song for 6 min.
And that over-interpretation seems so theatrical fake.
I gave a 4

crashworld

Veteran
I am oddly amused by the ratings of this entry. The overwhelming "zero"s given. I wonder if it's because we saw through how contrived this entry is despite it is supposed to be a very personal subject to the singer.

If we do comparisons, the song this reminds me the most of is :mk: 2021.
Juries might pay, but fans? Muhehe.

You do raise a very good comparison. Song wise, miles different. But the theme and the theatrical aspect of the song are actually in the same vein. Sheldon's dramatic way of taking off his mask is akin to Vasil's mirrorball vest, so extra and unnecessary.
I won't be surprised if Australia 2022 flops like North Macedonia 2021.

aef

I'm sorry but I really really don't feel this. Actually it's a quite annoying song to be. I hate it when someone sings with so much pressure in his or her voice. This makes me so uncomfortable. I also don't like the staging. Nothing of it. I'm sorry, there is just not much positive to say. :3: points from me.

I am surprised about the poll result though! I never would have guessed the amount of :0: for example. I thought this would be much more fanboy hyped?!

crashworld

Veteran
Oh by the way, do you think Sheldon will also be like this year's Tix? "Leveraging" his backstory to gain some televote support? Apparently, Sheldon has Asperger's Syndrome and is on the autism spectrum. And prefers to perform behind the mask so he's more comfortable (just like how Tix wears his glasses to mask his tics). So with him taking the mask down means alot for him. Plus with the struggles as a LGBTQIA+ person.

Just thinking out loud though.

Loindici

Veteran
Oh by the way, do you think Sheldon will also be like this year's Tix? "Leveraging" his backstory to gain some televote support? Apparently, Sheldon has Asperger's Syndrome and is on the autism spectrum. And prefers to perform behind the mask so he's more comfortable (just like how Tix wears his glasses to mask his tics). So with him taking the mask down means alot for him. Plus with the struggles as a LGBTQIA+ person.

Just thinking out loud though.

Now that you mentioned it, yes, yes indeed.

midnightsun

Veteran
Of course the countries' local tv presenters will probably mention his background story. I myself don’t mind at all, I find it very interesting to learn something about the artist and I don’t think the artists want pity votes for that (though it will surely help gaining votes). I find it very brave to get on stage and tell one‘s story.

I knew Sheldon has Asperger‘s. My son has Asperger too so I can relate very much to Sheldon how it is for him to be on stage. Biggest kudos. However, I still don’t like that mask. Well, it’s actually not the mask alone, it‘s the outfit as a whole with the nails and dark, it’s quite too scary for me. Maybe I‘d like his look better with another, more friendly mask. I also get why he wants to remove it but it obviously stresses him out so it’s uncomfortable to watch. I knew he‘s probably nervous to death and it’s okay to be brave and step out of the comfort zone but let’s not forget at the end of the day it‘s a music event and his beautiful song becomes only background filler for his stage show.

I am also surprised it’s so low. It’s a fantastic song and a fantastic voice! I am thinking about changing my initial 8 points to a 10. Gosh, it’s really incredible why it’s so low.

12Pointsgoto.....

I actually quite like this entry and the theatrics, but i GENERALLY LIKE DRAMATIC And theatric entries. He has an amzing voice as well.

hijirio

Veteran
2 points for his outfit
2 points for gigantic wind machines
2 points for the unprecedented vocals (Australia sis where do you find all these talented musicians?)

However, the song is too repetitive and non-melodic

2+2+2 = :6: i think?

12Pointsgoto.....

2 points for his outfit
2 points for the unprecedented vocals (Australia sis where do you find all these talented musicians?)

this is an interesting way to make your top 10

crashworld

Veteran
2 points for his outfit

So basically you mean the song is worth a :2: then since "outfit" + "gigantic wind machines" are not part of the song musically.

hijirio

Veteran
So basically you mean the song is worth a :2: then since "outfit" + "gigantic wind machines" are not part of the song musically.
Yes, the song alone is :2:

Top Bottom