• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

ag89

At the moment I am not impressed. I preferred a few other acts, but Ukraine, as always, had a great selection. I don't like English here and rap part is somehow off putting. However, I am sure this will do well, Ukraine is a super talented country when it comes to visual presentation at ESC. I am sure I will like it much more at ESC.
I will not comment on some political discussions here, but for some this will be a good way to show some love for Ukraine: on the other hand, taking in mind the current situation, I am scared the song might be marked down by some or many juries.

Zeus

I always love Ukraine for sending something original and ethnic. And even when they don't, they still send talented artists with a unique profile (Alyosha, Melovin).

This one tells a story and is very cultural, almost political. Comparisons to Jamala are pretty logical in that sense. In terms of story and emotion it's close to her, but musically, not really if you ask me. I miss some melody and dynamic.

This will end up in the final, get a good amount of votes on both sides of the scoreboard, but I don't see it winning. 3-6 or something.

Iker

Veteran
I stumbled across first two random new rankings made by youtubers and in both ... Ukraine is in the 1st place rn.

Kaz

I would give Ukraine a thousand points for the message and lyrical content, the song shows the suffering and pain of Ukrainians without ever crossing into uncomfortable nationalism which I really appreciate.

Musically I’m left a little cold, I feel that with a revamp this could be shiver-worthy but atm it’s just a bit limp. :7: for now but I’m hoping it’ll grow on me.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I would give Ukraine a thousand points for the message and lyrical content, the song shows the suffering and pain of Ukrainians without ever crossing into uncomfortable nationalism which I really appreciate.

Musically I’m left a little cold, I feel that with a revamp this could be shiver-worthy but atm it’s just a bit limp. :7: for now but I’m hoping it’ll grow on me.

Sums it up perfectly, couldn't have said it better.

• Fuego
Reactions: Kaz

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
To be fair, Salvador, Netta, and Maneskin were not the televote winners originally in their NF's either (Netta was a wildcard, Maneskin was 2nd in the final). Hopefully Alina will break this pattern for ukraine
Right but that's AT Eurovision, not the National Final. Obviously what I'm mentioning is anecdotal but I recalled that the few times the televoters didn't get it their way, Ukraine's ESC results were less than ideal. But I don't know the dynamics or the fanbase that some acts may have (Minus Melovin, I remember those live streams with the fans just taking over) but that was just something that stood out to me.

Obviously Ukraine will easily qualify and we'll have to see if people will connect with it.

CaraMia

Wow, so many people on the fence about this song! On the other hand, I'm totally sold and I think that this can win the whole thing and probably by a big margin! I'm not joking when I say I can even imagine this beating Salvador's record! Yes, we don't know all the entries yet, but damn! This performance has a huge impact, especially on the first time! Also, at least for me, the English part doesn't come across as rap, but as poetry declamation, and that's so outstanding! If Ukraine could win with "1944", let alone with this! It's a big 12 from me!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
There's something about this entry that feels special. I watched the live performance again just then and you feel it hard.. all of it, even the dodgy English rap part I've been critical of until now (I can't help it as I listen to too much alternative hip hop). It's impossible to ignore the sincerity on display here. There's obviously melancholy in the music and the singing that feels pained at times, but there's also hope and brightness there too. That chorus is jubilant (it's magnificent live) and Alina is an absolute joy to watch perform. At times she's raw but it's exactly what such a song needs. The whole thing couldn't feel more like a Ukrainian entry. They're one of the few countries that is never scared to display their culture at this contest, and it's a beautiful thing. I have to show nothing but the utmost respect for this choice.

I was going to give 8 points but have changed my mind. Here's a :10:, my highest given out so far this year. I wish our Ukrainian friends all the best of luck and sending you all a lot of love xheart

HayashiM

Veteran
the English part doesn't come across as rap, but as poetry declamation, and that's so outstanding!
This. Poetry. I am not sure if people can really catch up on that on the first replay, but I think the English lyrics are pretty strong and clever (sure, especially native speakers may differ :) ). Just for this once I am happy for a language mix and I hope the lyrics stay exactly as they are.

Mrm

Veteran
I really do not wan't more political conotations in ESC than there are atm, if this stays like this okay, but please no more political conotatons..
I'm really tired of politcal crap here in everyday life and I follow ESC for different reasons and to have pure fun..

I like this song, but it obviously wouldnt be a contender for victory without current situation, this is so clear to everybody if want be honest..

If jury in ESC places this highr than "SHUM" it will be extremely suspicious TBH, tell me now whatever you want, but I have to say that, cause it is true, we all know which type of songs jury preferes..this is not their material..

My personal 2019 winner is North Macedonia, but I have to be honest and I have to say tahat it was quite suspicious it won jury segemnt that year cause of some political situation..

And at least that song was more jury material than this is..

Please leave ESC withut politics if posible, we are arleady surrounded by it on all other fields.. xcry

HayashiM

Veteran
I really do not wan't more political conotations in ESC than there are atm, if this stays like this okay, but please no more political conotatons..
I'm really tired of politcal crap here in everyday life and I follow ESC for different reasons and to have pure fun..

I like this song, but it obviously wouldnt be a contender for victory without current situation, this is so clear to everybody if want be honest..

If jury in ESC places this highr than "SHUM" it will be extremely suspicious TBH, tell me now whatever you want, but I have to say that, cause it is true, we all know which type of songs jury preferes..this is not their material..

My personal 2019 winner is North Macedonia, but I have to be honest and I have to say tahat it was quite suspicious it won jury segemnt that year cause of some political situation..

And at least that song was more jury material than this is..

Please leave ESC withut politics if posible, we are arleady surrounded by it on all other fields.. xcry
Sure, the geopolitical situation has some role to play, but I don't agree the song wouldn't be a victory contender otherwise, I genuinely believe it is very strong just on its own.
As to your previous question - this song would've been my current number 1 no matter the country that sent it.

And as for the call for leaving ESC without politics, I find it slightly insensitive, to put it politely, to feel the need to go and ask such request out of the blue in the thread of a country that has a non negligible probability of getting its citizens ran over by foreign tanks in a very immediate future. It is also worth noting that except for your two messages pointing out "politics!", there has been exactly one message of political nature (expressing support to :ua: in these difficult times) in the last 24 hours in this thread. So if you genuinely don't want to have any more politics here, I suggest you simply don't start bringing it up.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
Sure, the geopolitical situation has some role to play, but I don't agree the song wouldn't be a victory contender otherwise, I genuinely believe it is very strong just on its own.
As to your previous question - this song would've been my current number 1 no matter the country that sent it.

And as for the call for leaving ESC without politics, I find it slightly insensitive, to put it politely, to feel the need to go and ask such request out of the blue in the thread of a country that has a non negligible chance of getting its citizens ran over by foreign tanks in a very immediate future. It is also worth noting that except for your two political messages, there has been exactly one message of political nature (expressing support to :ua: in these difficult times) in the last 24 hours in this thread. So if you genuinely don't want to have any more politics here, I suggest you simply don't start bringing it up.
Well, if 'SHUM' wasn't contender to win jury segemnt or whole thing representing Ukraine then this one can not be, it is so simple...
You know very well what is jury material, even Maneskin couldn't win the jury segment.. ;)
I won't coment about this any more, do not worry..
I do not see anything bad in my messages.. ;)
Good night!

HayashiM

Veteran
Well, if 'SHUM' wasn't contender to win jury segemnt or whole thing representing Ukraine then this one can not be, it is so simple...
I beg to differ. Maybe Alina's song isn't a straight up jury winner contender, but I can easily see it as more palatable for them. As appreciated as Shum was, white singing can still be heavily penalized by those who encouter it for the first time. But that can be just my own bias of course.
Good night to you too :)

Top Bottom