Me voilà dans le bruit et dans la fureur aussi
Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

lacrymea

I just hope Barbara is at ease tonight. I loved the organic build up into the final chaos. That was perfect in her winning performance.

The full clip from semi 2 seems a bit more forced. The chaos arrives without warning and she seems on the verge to overdo it.

But these are little details. I'm so used to her performance in the national final that I'm just over analyzing it.

Good luck, Barbara! ❤️

i anixi

I don't think a song like this is ever old fashioned. Classic, yes, but on the exact right side of it. I mean, if your intention is to go all classic, than this is the way to do it: Make it grand, make it magnificent, make it classy, make it beautiful and make sure it touches all of your senses.
I'm all for fresh and change really, always have been, but when something as classically brilliant as this happens to show up, then we should all bow to it and make it win, because it doesn't happen so often.
Italy is just as classic after all, there's nothing new about it. Mick Jagger and Co were doing the exact same thing more than half a century ago and a million others have followed. It's quite well done too though , one has to admit it.
It's all really down to who raises more hairs on your body, I guess. Italy doesn't do it for me as I don't care to be yelled at. I'm not in the mood, nor is this the right time, to have angry people pointing at me, complaining about whatever is worrying them in raspy, aggressive voices. I do struggle to see how Europe will adhere to this massively tonight, but betters should know better I suppose ... It's all about money, it 's their job. I still struggle though.

Lindon

Uto

Veteran
Sad that jury and teledumbasses overrated Italy. France deserved to win. Can always be proud of this. It's the song people of superior taste will remember. And if I am wrong, it will still hold true for me. My hat is off to France.

Chorizo

It's great to see that France got major support from both the juries and the televote. A deserved good result.

Sabrewulf238

I'm actually surprised that France beat Switzerland in the televote. When the juries had finished their voting I figured there was no way France could win because I just couldn't see her beating Gjon in the televote.

Turns out she didn't win, but not because of Switzerland.

soulm8

Proud of you, queen! Didn’t really like the end of the performance, but otherwise it was stunning. Felt like a French movie.

Chorizo

I'm actually surprised that France beat Switzerland in the televote. When the juries had finished their voting I figured there was no way France could win because I just couldn't see her beating Gjon in the televote.

Turns out she didn't win, but not because of Switzerland.
The French staging was simple but it worked very well. I think Switzerland suffered in the televote because it just didn't look good. He was badly dressed and the close-ups were a little too close. France looked classy and dynamic. Sometimes shaky camerawork is all it takes.

Sammy

Veteran
25 points!!!!!! Honestly: The juries who didn't give a single point to her (yes, Belgium, I'm looking to you also!) have disqualified themselves for a lifetime. Of course it's a matter of taste but thinking that Barbara is NOT in the top 10 this year is a proof that you can't see quality when it's before your eyes.
Rant stopped.
Congratulation to Barbara for this great result for France.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
To add about how ESC's perceived in France, only a very few of my friends and my parents know I follow Eurovision, usually the sentence I get when the contest is mentioned is the classical french "C'est de la merde".Still, most of them are totally indifferent to it. They couldn't care less if we win or not, ESC is just a waste of time and especially, money.
People seem to be proud we finished 2nd with this song, which is understandable.
Now let's hope next year we'll finally bring something more upbeat and original.

However I would really like to know who were our juries because juror B is lacking some semi/final coherence in their votes :lol:

popavapeur

French jury :

• Adrien Kaiser
  • Gilbert MARCELLUS
  • Géraldine Allouche
  • Kahina kimoune
  • Loic Parent

Never heard of them before lmao who are they

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
French jury :

• Adrien Kaiser
  • Gilbert MARCELLUS
  • Géraldine Allouche
  • Kahina kimoune
  • Loic Parent

Never heard of them before lmao who are they
LMAO same, I did a small google research to see what came up :

Adrien Kaiser : mixer https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/3035200-Adrien-Kaiser
Gilbert Marcellus : music manager https://www.instagram.com/gigikcm/
Géradine Allouche : vocal coach https://www.instagram.com/geraldineallouche/
Kahina Kimoune : label manager https://podcast.ausha.co/entourage-1/kahina-khimoune-un-label-familial-pour-une-star-internationale
Nothing about Loic Parent

Sammy

Veteran
I gave this song 1 point just because it was such a strong fan favourite and everyone including jurry put it in 1st place, so when I heard it yesterday for the first time, i was shocked how mega boring this song is. 2/3 of the song made me fall asleep.

Nothing happens, Instruments and melody and chorus everything needs to be bigger. There is no explosion, No nothing. She sings nice, but is repetitive, the naration, her standing alone in dark background. No, sorry. Not for me. Its not competitive Song and is very boring.

On esc it will be on the bottom unfortunately.
Another proof of musical instinct... Like a compass needle that points constantly south. xroflxroflxrofl

Top Bottom