Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I'm saying this as a Swede myself but the favorism we get from juries each year is really unfair and starting to become way too blatant.

I think in fact it would benefit us not to qualify, so that we can regroup and revamp our selection and start to become more authentic.
You know i am even afraid to comment Swedish performance as any word could be taken as racism smth 🤦‍♂️

Synergise

Is it from the jury semi or the rehearsal earlier today?
These votes are from the afternoon dress rehearsal, not from tonight's jury show.

It does seem like a live audience changed the perception of some acts. The reaction to North Macedonia in particular seemed pretty amazing compared to what we might have expected before hand (at least, judging from the ESCunited stream).

midnightsun

Veteran
My comment wasn't about Destiny, poor kid. I don't think I ever trashed any singer here for that matter.

I'm just annoyed because Malta's getting really annoying this year 😅 I had to constantly block spam ads of the song on my social media. That never happened before with any country. Wtf?

It's a bit too much, all of it. The rehearsal was praised here, best thing ever etc., and they do a re-run because?
I agree with everything you wrote. :)
And I didn’t mean to imply you were talking about Destiny. Sorry for that. It was just my personal conclusion. So, you are right about everything. Plus my own addition: that’s the work of one overzealous Maltese (Swedish?) team. Poor Destiny.

theditz83

Veteran
I think everyone agrees that :se: is borderline in terms of qualification this year (8th-10th if it makes it), and it's a mid-table finish at best in the final for sure.

:cy: is definitely great! That's going to do really well ;)

Loindici

Veteran

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Full Cyprus and Ukraine also leaked in vk but i cant give a link becuase i decided to not watch, my friends have watched tho

midnightsun

Veteran
Wait, is her marketing team actually Swedish?
I don’t know. Just a little kidding. Everything going on with this tells me „Sweden“ (and before some are getting mad, it’s in no way meant in a negative way, I love Sweden, not only the music - and yes I love Tusse this year). They are just so enthusiastic. Even the song is from Sweden (that is, written by Swedes).

Grinch

No such thing as cancel culture actually. It's more like people taking responsibility
Depends on the situation and where you live. In some cultures, misunderstandings, dating "scandals", bullying rumors can end artists' career sadly.

Loindici

Veteran
Everything else is Swedish, even the dancers lol SO probably
I don’t know. Just a little kidding. Everything going on with this tells me „Sweden“ (and before some are getting mad, it’s in no way meant in a negative way, I love Sweden, not only the music - and yes I love Tusse this year). They are just so enthusiastic. Even the song is from Sweden (that is, written by Swedes).

If that's how it (supposedly) is, so nice to have a Nordic country from southern Europe this year!

Loindici

Veteran
Depends on the situation and where you live. In some cultures, misunderstandings, dating "scandals", bullying rumors can end artists' career sadly.

Especially on K-Pop, even if the scandal proved to be false the artist's names will have that mark forever.

Grinch

Especially on K-Pop, even if the scandal proved to be false the artist's names will have that mark forever.
Yes! Also Chinese & Taiwanese entertainment scene. Things would be considered as pr in western countries, could be quite harmful in those geographic areas.

So, cancel culture is an actual thing.

midnightsun

Veteran
Guys! Please no cancel culture discussion. I was kidding a bit as a response to „cancel Malta“. Cancel culture must exist but most of us will probably agree it’s sometimes the wrong decision because it’s based on fakes.

I went on YT to play me some good night relaxation music.

And all of the sudden Barbara Pravi's head speaking something in accent-English pops out as a paid advertisement.

Same happened with Tix and Malta last week.

I say NO! I will not support you for annoying me with your advertisements before bedtime.

Better not appear in my yoga classes, or else! 🤣

Maintain class people. And this is so unfair towards other naive contestants who think they are here only to enjoy beautiful music.

Top Bottom