Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

HayashiM

Veteran
Funny, I feel like Tusse is the one to be stopped at all costs :lol:

Clara's entry was nice though (stage show awful however but I am just happy I get a decent Swedish language entry), it's really sad that the MF team on purpose want to kick out yet another Swedish language entry though with that duel xshrug

Absolutely agreed, I mean, with the previously mentionned statistics about song n°7 always qualifying, how much more evidence is needed that there are strings pulled in favour of internal preferences? And those preferences really don't include Swedish... :(

Jonaxh

Tonight's show was great! Eric's staging is amazing and I also like the song. The mamas I was like "same outfits??? That's not a good ideia..." but then... "that's a great idea!". The song is lovely, they look good and they would represent Sweden well. Clara was great! She just needs betted staging... too empy. Efraim... this was by the book what I call a plastic song... didn't like a second of it... 0 emotion, 0 conection, just notes and dance moves... if he beats Klara I'll be mad...

I bims

Veteran
Absolutely agreed, I mean, with the previously mentionned statistics about song n°7 always qualifying, how much more evidence is needed that there are strings pulled in favour of internal preferences? And those preferences really don't include Swedish... :(
I would not go into such conspiratory level. They put the acts in No.7 that already have the most hype behind them so people keep watching. And of course these acts then always go to the finale because they have the fanbase to put them there.

A-lister

Veteran

Yeah, but this has been going on for years unfortunately and even Björkman himself couldn't hide his disdain for Swedish language entries on live TV in the first semi xshrug

I mean, it would be logical to put kinda similar entries against each other in those duels, but here the only common denominator is the language while the entries are very different so it's a blatant move.

HayashiM

Veteran
I would not go into such conspiratory level. They put the acts in No.7 that already have the most hype behind them so people keep watching. And of course these acts then always go to the finale because they have the fanbase to put them there.

Well, why not make a change sometimes then? :eek: I mean if this repeats every. Fucking. Heat. with precision of a surgeon, than it is just too much mindling imo.

A-lister

Veteran
Anyway, Dandi Dansa and Every Minute give me absolutely nothing in terms of musicality, with Tusse I have at least the voice to admire. But I can still think of at least 6 other songs that I like better :)

Well, taste differs, I am not saying that Eric or Danny are masterpieces by any means but at least their songs have some sort of character, a good voice doesn't really do it for me if the song itself is bad... but I know juries see it differently (with them it seems the songs can be almost dreadful but as long as the singer can sing conventionally good they will rank it higher).

I bims

Veteran
Well, why not make a change sometimes then? :eek: I mean if this repeats every. Fucking. Heat. with precision of a surgeon, than it is just too much mindling imo.
I don't know :'D
I try to see it in a positive light: If you force the fans of Saade, Dotter, Danny and Tusse to watch the full heat before their fav comes on they might watch an artist they otherwise would've skipped or not seen at all?

Mrm

Veteran
Tusse is the only newcomer in the final for now, all others were already in MF final/s.. xbow
BRAVO lil' sweet Tusse! xlove xheart
He's so adorable, like a doll..his cheeks..gooosh...he's so cute, lke some toy!!!

A-lister

Veteran
If he loses, he might come back as a grown up with something way better, which might be good not just for MF, but also for himself.

This! Look at Loreen and John Lundvik as examples, now I personally wanted My Heart is Refusing Me to win MF'11, but if it had would we have gotten Euphoria ? As for Lundvik, I really disliked his first entry (now that was some corny sh*t), but then he came back the year after with the best entry of MF'19. Dotter came back stronger in 2020 on her second try, and imho The Mamas are better this year than last year (although not good enough to win the whole thing).

I think Tusse could potentially be great, but NOT with this entry... I said the same about Bishara in 2019 who had a really bad entry and on top of that his vocals hadn't even matured enough, now I could definitely see him coming back again with a matured voice and better entry.

A-lister

Veteran
Tusse is the only newcomer in the final for now, all others were already in MF final/s.. xbow
BRAVO lil' sweet Tusse! xlove xheart
He's so adorable, like a doll..his cheeks..gooosh...he's so cute, lke some toy!!!
Ok kinda creepy but :lol:

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

Schlagerman1

Here is my full ranking of the 2021 songs, first the bottom 16 songs:

Last edited:

DanielLuis

"In the middle" is nice but it doesn't have even half the impact "Move" had in the first listen. The chorus just isn't nearly as memorable as Move's was. If it ends up winning in Sweden (which I really doubt) it would probably be eaten alive by whatever Destiny will send in Eurovision, or by any other gospel influenced entry really. It just sound like an album filler, a transitional piece before the big moment.
"Every minute".....I don't get what y'all are seeing on this one? The new Euphoria, excuse you??
The staging concept might be good sure, but his dance moves are just ridiculous? The lyrics are almost as bad and shallow as "Popular"? Even musically speaking it's nothing groundbreaking at all. I think it's whole atmosphere is a bit too dark to suceed in Eurovision as well. I think I actually prefer Tusse to win over this for now.

Ether way, the way forward this year is very clear Sweden: Dotter or bust.

Also I was really shocked Clara made it to AC but it was a lovely surprise. Her face said it all really. But I'm just sad Tess was the one left behind instead of Efraim Leo (or even Eric really).

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

The great @anaraqueen came up with the term "crimes against Alcazar," and I'm going to purloin it because that's the aptest way of describing what went on tonight. Absolutely robbed. A gloriously camp performance.

Rasmus0714

Probably gonna skip the rest of the melfest since the line-ups are even worse than last year, couldn't remember any of the songs except tears run dry:ROFLMAO:

Brandt

Behöver inte dig idag is so wholesome and simple that it has an amazing tune to it. I wish it had a chance to represent Sweden this year, but I know it is asking too much for the outcome of Mainstreamfestivalen.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
That would require Christer to give even a slightest fuck about Clara. Looking at what he made Sasha do to her staging, I highly doubt he does.

opinionsigotem

Eva and Ewa so sorry chickens but I will be rooting for Clara next week. Behover inte dig idag is my #1 of the contest now. The staging was CRAP and she still qualified on the strength of the song. A moment of true happiness.

Top Bottom