Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

JensJohan

I think his song is super bland, there is generic Pop that can be ok, it's not as if Eric or Dotter are particularly groundbreaking, but at least they have some sort of identity to them wheres Voices is really forgettable.
Tusse has the voice, but his song is bland. Eric has the song, but his voice is bland. I think I got how to solve that.

A-lister

Veteran
Tusse has the voice, but his song is bland. Eric has the song, but his voice is bland. I think I got how to solve that.
That is obviously an issue :lol:, although Eric has stage presence and I don't see Tusse able to sell the same type of show (although yes vocally it would be better).

JensJohan

And here comes the racist card, how predictable Zzzzz ... no I am just telling what I see, I don't care about his background or skin color if that's what you think?
You used the fascination around his background as a motivation why his song is secondary. Sorry... but I would also call that racist.

Romeo

Just reading previous posts... I thought “his” was a typo. I was 100% convinced he was a woman

AC254-E79-A865-490-C-BF3-F-BD12-CECB265-F.gif

BorisBubbles

Veteran
the song is in the same sort of style like The Weeknd.
Filip you're a cool guy with a good heart but never, ever, ever compare The Weeknd ever to the Debs again. He doesn't deserve such an awful diss like that. 😭.

(incidentally, Voices is like... the most quintessentially Debs entry in the history of Debs entries: nonsensical metaphors (there is fire in the rain), stanza's ending in words that look like they could rhyme but don't at all (rain, again), basic uplifting message, exotic instrument thrown in as a ringer (random ass bagpipes), somehow despite being average on paper comes across as majestic live because it's written for a live performance specifically)

EscGeek

Veteran
just caught up with everything.. I'm adding Tusse and Clara to my list of faves and this is my top 10. xmusic

1-Alvaro Estrella "Baila Baila"
2-Lillasyster "Pretender"
3-Danny Saucedo "Dandi dansa"
4-WAHL feat. SAMI "90-talet"
5-Mustasch "Contagious"
6-Eric Saade "Every Minute"
7-Tess Merkel "Good Life"
8-Clara Klingenström "Behöver inte dig idag"
9-Tusse "Voices"
10-Julia Alfrida "Rich"

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

A-lister

Veteran
You used the fascination around his background as a motivation why his song is secondary. Sorry... but I would also call that racist.

Huh? No, I pointed out the media hyping him up because of his back-story and yes, for them the song seems to be secondary... for me it's the other way round though, the song should be of most importance... how is that "racism"? I think the media's constant exotification of people is the actual racism here xshrug

JensJohan

Huh? No, I pointed out the media hyping him up because of his back-story and yes, for them the song seems to be secondary... for me it's the other way round though, the song should be of most importance... how is that "racism"?
You wrote "the song is secondary when they can make politics out of it". I found that offence for two reaons. First, you seem to mean that the song itself is worse because of fuss around Tusse's background. Second, because you at all consider it political when the background is brought up. We have seen many being portrayed in a similar manner before, but since they didn't come from Afrika, nobody viewed that as political.

A-lister

Veteran
You wrote "the song is secondary when they can make politics out of it". I found that offence for two reaons. First, you seem to mean that the song itself is worse because of fuss around Tusse's background. Second, because you at all consider it political when the background is brought up. We have seen many being portrayed in a similar manner before, but since they didn't come from Afrika, nobody viewed that as political.

I think you completely misunderstood my point xshrug

I didn't mean the song is worse because of his background, I don't care about someone's background when I judge a song, but the media seems to care though and this is what I referred to and that's what I meant that to them it feels that the song is secondary and the background of more importance...

I wasn't born in Sweden myself, but I would actually be offended if someone would promote me based on my background and not on what I actually bring to the table and that is the politics of it all, because our media just can't rest for one day to just see people as people they need to be like "this needs to be voted on because he came to Sweden as a five year old"... no, that shouldn't be why you should support a song or not.

Mrm

Veteran
Did Tusse and his family had some problems coming from Congo? xcry

JensJohan

I think you completely misunderstood my point xshrug

I didn't mean the song is worse because of his background, I don't care about someone's background when I judge a song, but the media seems to care though and this is what I referred to and that's what I meant that to them it feels that the song is secondary and the background of more importance...

I wasn't born in Sweden myself, but I would actually be offended if someone would promote me based on my background and not on what I actually bring to the table and that is the politics of it all, because our media just can't rest for one day to just see people as people they need to be like "this needs to be voted on because he came to Sweden as a five year old"... no, that shouldn't be why you should support a song or not.
I'm glad that I misunderstood you. I agree completely with the point you are making. His background is interesting and it's nice to see someone with his background succeeding, or just participating, in MF. But... the performance should be judged based on it's qualities, nothing else.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm glad that I misunderstood you. I agree completely with the point you are making. His background is interesting and it's nice to see someone with his background succeeding, or just participating, in MF. But... the performance should be judged based on it's qualities, nothing else.

Good to sort it out because I really don't mean anything "racist" here, I have absolutely nothing against him (how can I? I obviously don't know him personally :lol:) and yes the background seems pretty interesting, but that shouldn't be the selling point for his entry, he should be judged solely by his entry like everyone else and I have a problem when someone's backstory becomes the selling point and yes, to me that's "politics". I think Swedish media wants to sell the story of "the refugee" and by doing so they actually exotify him and also diminish him at the same time when basically asking for "petty votes" from the Swedish public, I think it's not fair to Tusse either. They did something similar with Bishara back in 2019.

Tusse is not untalented, I just think his entry is bad and I don't like the stage show. As I already pointed out we had two acts "of color" that I was happy presenting us in ESC, Loreen in 2012 and John Lundvik in 2019. I didn't like The Mamas in 2020 but I am fine with their entry this year, bottom-line I couldn't care less about the background or color of someone's skin, I just want us to send the best song and that's it.

LoveHate

Eric Saade's performance and especially the choreography is making me feel smth. Idk why but I can't stop laughing, it's actual comedy gold. I have always wanted for my country to send a joke entry to ESC and I realize this is probably the closest we'll get to that in a really long time. Gosh I really hope he wins now (or Danny or the Evwa's)
Eric’s act was indeed comedy gold. I also thought Popular was a total joke act, but stopped giggling when it won MF and made the podium in ESC. But this time around he took it to a whole new level by dressing up like a perverted physics teacher.

JensJohan

Eric’s act was indeed comedy gold. I also thought Popular was a total joke act, but stopped giggling when it won MF and made the podium in ESC. But this time around he took it to a whole new level by dressing up like a perverted physics teacher.
To me it looked like a grown up trying to dance like the kids.... and sing like the kids.

HayashiM

Veteran
I absolutely loved Clara (of course they put her against the Evwas :( ) and The Mamas in this heat! I quite like Eric's staging and his presence, but those vocals and lyrics are a big no no. Non non non, mon ami! How can his song be so popular is absolutely beyond me.

All in all, if you want to please me Sweden, kindly send Dotter or The Mamas (or Charlotte / Clara, but that's not happening) and I promise I won't complain a single word about my other favourites lost and probably even keep you a warm soft spot in my top 10. But above all, Eric and Danny must be stopped at all costs. If the price for achieving that is settling on Tusse, I accept without further negotiations.

A-lister

Veteran
I absolutely loved Clara (of course they put her against the Evwas :( ) and The Mamas in this heat! I quite like Eric's staging and his presence, but those vocals and lyrics are a big no no. Non non non, mon ami! How can his song be so popular is absolutely beyond me.

All in all, if you want to please me Sweden, kindly send Dotter or The Mamas (or Charlotte / Clara, but that's not happening) and I promise I won't complain a single word about my other favourites lost and probably even keep you a warm soft spot in my top 10. But above all, Eric and Danny must be stopped at all costs. If the price for achieving that is settling on Tusse, I accept without further negotiations.

Funny, I feel like Tusse is the one to be stopped at all costs :lol:

Clara's entry was nice though (stage show awful however but I am just happy I get a decent Swedish language entry), it's really sad that the MF team on purpose want to kick out yet another Swedish language entry though with that duel xshrug

Top Bottom