A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Let's be real, The Mamas won last year because the competition in the final wasn't that fierce. There were Dotter and Anna Bergendahl, two great entries, but none of them would've battled for the gold medal in most other years. This year we have Tusse, Dotter3 and Eric Saade who would've all won last year

@Mrm I apologize
So off...

Let's be real, Dotter and Anna in 2020 sh*ts all over MF'21, Dotter would have probably won ESC'20 while her entry this year will be lucky to qualify, Anna would have been a sure top.10 at the least. The Mamas would have probably done the worst out of the three, the juries would have been onboard but televotes less, so maybe a top. 15 but at least in the final...

... as for this year's entrants, they would be lucky to even reach the final. Tusse would probably be our second NQ, Dotter and Eric would probably qualify but not sure they would do that great in the final but this year is all about qualifying for us, anything else will be a bonus.

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

So off...

Let's be real, Dotter and Anna in 2020 sh*ts all over MF'21, Dotter would have probably won ESC'20 while her entry this year will be lucky to qualify, Anna would have been a sure top.10 at the least. The Mamas would have probably done the worst out of the three, the juries would have been onboard but televotes less, so maybe a top. 15 but at least in the final...

... as for this year's entrants, they would be lucky to even reach the final. Tusse would probably be our second NQ, Dotter and Eric would probably qualify but not sure they would do that great in the final but this year is all about qualifying for us, anything else will be a bonus.

well we shall see who is right when the amount of televotes are in :)

FilipFromSweden

He didnt speak about MF results, but about their potential results in ESC. ;)

Well he was saying that Dotter and Anna in 2020 would've won 2021, which I don't agree with and the final televote results can show us that once the final has been done.

I can't say anything about DNQ and all that since we can only find out: I think it's safe to say that anything that reaches the juries top 3 would be a safe qualifier. The only time we didn't qualify (2010) the international juries did not like the song and the year before that (2009) Malena Ernman was ranked 23rd with the juries or something, and in the NF there was a hint because the international jury ranked her 7th out of 11

A-lister

Veteran
Well he was saying that Dotter and Anna in 2020 would've won 2021, which I don't agree with and the final televote results can show us that once the final has been done.

I can't say anything about DNQ and all that since we can only find out: I think it's safe to say that anything that reaches the juries top 3 would be a safe qualifier. The only time we didn't qualify (2010) the international juries did not like the song and the year before that (2009) Malena Ernman was ranked 23rd with the juries or something, and in the NF there was a hint because the international jury ranked her 7th out of 11

No, I said that hypothetically speaking had ESC'20 not been cancelled, I could see Dotter winning the edition with Bulletproof and Anna for sure reaching the top. 10 at minimum, but obviously since the edition never happened we can just speculate.

Ok, so let's assume the international juries used in MF are a somewhat indication of what the ESC juries will say about our chosen entry as well (although it's a tough measurement since our ESC entries are competing against complete different stuff than they did locally and also it sorta makes the assumption that the ESC juries are pretty much the same people but for argument let's say they are), our entry would still need to collect enough televotes and so far we managed to be in the top. 10 of the semis (even in 2010 when we failed to qualify due to the juries), but you can't assume that our entries will always make the top. 10 with the televoters.

I don't think the international juries used in MF are a good indication of the European televotes, and my point is that this year we have so low quality entries and stuff that many Europeans won't get behind like Tusse for instance, so even with some jury love (it requires the juries to put it very high in the semi ranking then), the televoters could still have it outside of the top. 10 and we might fail to qualify because of that.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I think claiming a sweden NQ is downright INSANE at this point. Without having listened to Eric OR the Mamas, I'd wager anything that can win melfest is going to qualify one hand tied around the back. Several of the acts that went AC could qualify, and that includes the fucking granny schlager.

Semifinal 1 is shaping up as a rather open field, but that only benefits countries that provide accessible, generic pop. Sweden is known for exactly that.

FilipFromSweden

our entry would still need to collect enough televotes and so far we managed to be in the top.

I don't think the international juries used in MF are a good indication of the European televotes, and my point is that this year we have so low quality entries and stuff that many Europeans won't get behind like Tusse for instance, so even with some jury love (it requires the juries to put it very high in the semi ranking then), the televoters could still have it outside of the top. 10 and we might fail to qualify because of that.
not really lol

no ofc the European televote will always be a mystery, I think you and I just have to agree to disagree that the international jury will more or less always prevent a DNQ for Sweden, which is kind of why it was introduced in the first place. Since 2011 and the international juries, our lowest semi-final score is 3rd in 2017

A-lister

Veteran
I think claiming a sweden NQ is downright INSANE at this point. Without having listened to Eric OR the Mamas, I'd wager anything that can win melfest is going to qualify one hand tied around the back. Several of the acts that went AC could qualify, and that includes the fucking granny schlager.

Semifinal 1 is shaping up as a rather open field, but that only benefits countries that provide accessible, generic pop. Sweden is known for exactly that.
I think it's not insane, but at this stage I agree it's pretty hypothetical because we don't have a winner yet nor do we have all the other countries' entries yet either to compare with.

I just think that we sent pretty high quality Pop (generic sure, a bit dated, but still good productions and package), but this year is such a drop in quality and not sure European voters will be that supportive any longer.

A-lister

Veteran
not really lol

no ofc the European televote will always be a mystery, I think you and I just have to agree to disagree that the international jury will more or less always prevent a DNQ for Sweden, which is kind of why it was introduced in the first place. Since 2011 and the international juries, our lowest semi-final score is 3rd in 2017

You're correct, we were top. 3 with the juries each semi we took part in 2011-2019 (which we obviously didn't deserve each time, but that's for another discussion), but then again we were also (often forgotten by our haters who claim we only have jury support in ESC) in the top. 10 with the televoters every semi so obviously a NQ would have been technically impossible then, but again it's not as if we could never be out of the top. 10 with the televoters (and in the meantime also out of the top. 3 with the juries)... now I can't really do the math (and also it depends on how the other entries we're up against would fair), but let's say the juries put us in #7 and televoters in #14 or something... then suddenly qualifying isn't a sure thing any longer...

I bims

Veteran
I really don't understand why you are so worried about Sweden qualifying for the finals tbh. You can start being worried about it if maybe Perrelli suddenly wins Melfest :'D

FilipFromSweden

I really don't understand why you are so worried about Sweden qualifying for the finals tbh. You can start being worried about it if maybe Perrelli suddenly wins Melfest :'D

No disrespect to @A-lister in any way, but I don't think he is worried, I think it's a bit of an exciting idea rather

Mrm

Veteran
4th Heat - I’d like to go DTF:

1. Lovad – “Allting är precis likadant”
2. The Mamas – “In the Middle”

I’d like to go to AC:

1. Clara Klingenström – “Behöver inte dig idag”
2. Tess Merkel – “Good Life”

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I think it's not insane, but at this stage I agree it's pretty hypothetical because we don't have a winner yet nor do we have all the other countries' entries yet either to compare with.

I just think that we sent pretty high quality Pop (generic sure, a bit dated, but still good productions and package), but this year is such a drop in quality and not sure European voters will be that supportive any longer.
sweden will definitely nq again at some point. I highly doubt it will happen in 2021, however.

FilipFromSweden

My prediction

DTF: Eric & The Mamas duh
AC: Sannex & Efraim Leo

Top Bottom