Italy ITALY 2020 - Diodato - Fai rumore

How do you rate the song?

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Italy-scaled.jpg

nudiecrudi

A
You need to be able to accept negative opinions about ''Fai rumore'' too.
All the negative comments are welcomed.
Argument them. Make me understand why you're not connected with the song.
Personally when a song is completely indifferent to me I don't even bother to comment about it. But this is me.
Otherwise i try to analize and share my point of view.
Do you think that a WOO is a comment worthy to share? I don't think so.

Citelis

A

All the negative comments are welcomed.
Argument them. Make me understand why you're not connected with the song.
Personally when a song is completely indifferent to me I don't even bother to comment about it. But this is me.
Otherwise i try to analize and share my point of view.
Do you think that a WOO is a comment worthy to share? I don't think so.
Personally usually i don't try to explain why i don't like a song.

Loindici

Veteran
Well I left this thread to thrive and look what it has become.

tenor.gif

GermanBango

LOL, I don't get your post. Is it overrating by expectations or results? Italy is the most succesful country of this decade after Sweden despite of no wins. They had the highest televoting percentage of available points with Grande Amore in 2015. They were favourites to win 2017, until they screwed up their staging as if it was designed by the Spanish delegation (tacky!), stunned the televote in 2018, almost won in 2019.

They are the only country this decade which won a jury vote and a televote but not a combined vote. Italy truly deserves the award for most robbed of the decade or even the century.

The reason why Italian music is loved is because it is not blatantly insincere like the Swedish or Australian plastic. There is no overrating of Italy, because their results speak for themselves and these justity the high expectations. And therefore, I was underwhelmed with Fai Rumore, which I hope will not be the ultimate submission. There is an extreme level of overrating of Sweden and Australia of course, because the jury panels are full of record company representatives who make their money with generic shit on the radio. They vote for music that does not speak from the heart and that is why fans are always super upset. Italian music comes from the heart.

Being overconfident is not cool, that's true - looking at you Germany and your hausbacken songs that get you excited every year.

Nope they were never "robbed" - that`s not a thing. They agreed to participate under the current system and they did not manage to impress both the public AND the juries. That`s life.

Here we go again - the condescending Italy-is-above-the-rest-attitude. Your remarks are very subjective but you make it sound as if they were facts. You not liking Swedish or Australian entries doesn`t mean they are plastic or insincere ... how do you even measure sincerity in a song or even the quality in general? So just because a song is some sort of contemporary pop it`s generic shit? Who says that those songs can`t come from a place of sincerity? Picking up one of your examples here: Grande Amore was by no means something ground breaking and out-of-the-box. It was just another pop opera sung by a generic group of somewhat talented dudes without any charisma. Also the staging was a snooze fest. So tell me why this screams high quality? Is it the fact that it`s not radio friendly pop? Or is it their vocals? Because most certainly it can`t be the song. See quality is a very loose term here - again subjectivity is the key word. ;)
Excuse my mouth but that "Italian music comes from the heart"-comment is utter bullshit and a generalizing one as that. Again this is your opinion, not a fact. They way you have to tear other countries down in order to make your point does speak for itself though. This is truly something I will never understand.

Also your weak attack (and yes, that`s what it is) on my nationality also speaks volumes.You can literally feel the butthurt here. Funny enough you are making the assumption that I like the stuff we are sending - which is not even close to the truth. So what`s your point? I already said this but tearing other countries down in order to make your fave look better is not exactly a convincing argument in favor of it`s quality - the contrary is the case actually.

Top Bottom