escYOUnited

Administrator
Italy-scaled.jpg

Loindici

Veteran
Bravo.
But you forgot one thing.
Nobody is against them.
We are a community when everybody is free to express their opinion, possibly without hurting others sensibility

... and I am free to choose to agree with opinions too, if that's how this works. No wars anyways.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
P

I respect your point of view.
I was thinking that we could share more then I DON'T LIKE IT or 0 POINTS FROM ME.
I prefer more articulated thoughts
i thought it was a well known fact that i hate men in a piano singin ~emotional ballads and they never make me emotional instead they leave me cold and sometimes even angry

if you didnt know now you do and you'll probably see similar comments in other entries of the sort

if it's not enough to you then
sometimes-there-is-nothing-you-can-do-but-let-it-22278324.png

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Make me understand why you're not connected with the song.
So, I don't know about the others, but I'm a person who has a hard time expressing why I like or don't like a song. Sure, I can talk a little about the lyrics (when I care enough about them) and if the voice and instruments are pleasant to my ears but that's it. Anything else will be based on what feelings the song succeeded (or didn't) to convey. It could be joy, energy, sadness, hope, motivation, whatever you want. Why would I feel all these ? I don't know. It's a mix of everything the song has to offer but I can't pintpoint exactly what it is.

Fai Rumore failed in that department. I can see it's a song emotionnaly charged but I don't feel it. I can recognize Diodato got a nice voice and knows how to master it but... the whole package tends to grate on my nerve. Why you may ask ? See my point above.
The only thing I can tell you is that I don't like the chorus at all and that is what ruins the song for me.

It's funny, because I'm a pragmatic and logical person, but when it comes to music analysis I solely rely on feelings.

Last edited:

lacrymea

So, I don't know about the others, but I'm a person who has a hard time expressing why I like or don't like a song. Sure, I can talk a little about the lyrics (when I care enough about them) and if the voice and instruments are pleasant to my ears but that's it. Anything else will be based on what feelings the song succeeded (or didn't) to convey. It could be joy, energy, sadness, hope, motivation, whatever you want. Why would I feel all these ? I don't know. It's a mix of everything the song has to offer but I can't pintpoint exactly what it is.

Fai Rumore failed in that department. I can see it's a song emotionnaly charged but I don't feel it. I can recognize Diadoto got a nice voice and knows how to master it but... the whole package tends to grate on my nerve. Why you may ask ? See my point above.
The only thing I can tell you is that I don't like the chorus at all and that is what ruins the song for me.

It's funny, because I'm a pragmatic and logical person, but when it comes to music analysis I solely rely on feelings.

I agree with this entirely. Sometimes a song just connects with you, sometimes it doesn't.

Take last year's winner, for instance. I don't have a problem saying it's probably a good song, but i never liked it. Didn't connect with it or the singer and i can't really explain why.

Fai Rumore, on the other hand, just took my heart instantly. I love everything about it and Diodato's stage personna just elevates it for me.

Can i pinpoint the exact objective reasons why i discarded one and adore the other? Not really.

nudiecrudi

Fai Rumore failed in that department. I can see it's a song emotionnaly charged but I don't feel it. I can recognize Diadoto got a nice voice and knows how to master it but... the whole package tends to grate on my nerve. Why you may ask ? See my point above.

I really appreciate your comment.
This is a kind of reaction I prefer.
I understood exactly your point of view.
I perfectly know that sometimes there is no explanation why we like a song a movie a book a painting an architecture or not. Someone touches the deepest feeling and someones not.
But I'm a pragamitic person, as you are, and always tend to understand why of a reaction.
For this reason I prefer a detailed comment then just I DON'T LIKE IT.
My feelings about this song?
My first choice was Elodie and Diodato iwas the second one, after first listening.
Then I started to flip them because Fai rumore needed more attention to the lyrics
It is a typical Italian ballad with a very strong chorus or ritornello, in Italian. He sings with a head voice which I prefer instead of breast voice more proper for tenors.
His chorus arrives me as a storm and I can feel it.

Ezio

Veteran
Nope they were never "robbed" - that`s not a thing. They agreed to participate under the current system and they did not manage to impress both the public AND the juries. That`s life.

Here we go again - the condescending Italy-is-above-the-rest-attitude. Your remarks are very subjective but you make it sound as if they were facts. You not liking Swedish or Australian entries doesn`t mean they are plastic or insincere ... how do you even measure sincerity in a song or even the quality in general? So just because a song is some sort of contemporary pop it`s generic shit? Who says that those songs can`t come from a place of sincerity? Picking up one of your examples here: Grande Amore was by no means something ground breaking and out-of-the-box. It was just another pop opera sung by a generic group of somewhat talented dudes without any charisma. Also the staging was a snooze fest. So tell me why this screams high quality? Is it the fact that it`s not radio friendly pop? Or is it their vocals? Because most certainly it can`t be the song. See quality is a very loose term here - again subjectivity is the key word. ;)
Excuse my mouth but that "Italian music comes from the heart"-comment is utter bullshit and a generalizing one as that. Again this is your opinion, not a fact. They way you have to tear other countries down in order to make your point does speak for itself though. This is truly something I will never understand.

Also your weak attack (and yes, that`s what it is) on my nationality also speaks volumes.You can literally feel the butthurt here. Funny enough you are making the assumption that I like the stuff we are sending - which is not even close to the truth. So what`s your point? I already said this but tearing other countries down in order to make your fave look better is not exactly a convincing argument in favor of it`s quality - the contrary is the case actually.

Watch out, here comes another weak attack on your nationality: Enough with your Germansplaining!

I still struggle to find out by which standard Italy is overrated. These walls of text did not help-.....

Ezio

Veteran
Italian men are handsome. They are especially handsome when they are Francesco Sarcina of Le Vibrazioni.

That's true. However, your pics prove the opposite.... :runloind'ici:

Even if "Fai Rumore" is far from my favorite entry from Italy, but I'm curious how well this "band" and "dated" Italian ballad will do in the televoting? Will it do 200+ points as usual or will it do way below that? For many of us here are traditional yet emotional Italian ballads like this one nothing new, for the common casual Eurovision audience this is the first song of it's kind since "L'essenziale" in 2013. For most viewers, this song will be a novelty as long as the competition from better ballads remains low in the grand final. If Diodato's performance will remain as good as in the Sanremo final and also keeping the staging minimalistic, this may do alright.

Otherwise... This song sounds neat but lacks the big emotional punch because this does felt cold and manipulative. Even if the lyrics is trying to imply that the song is emotional but for someone who is used to the Italian music scene, it's not.
"Fai Rumore" is alright and Diodato will probably do a good job performing this. However, there are so songs like this already and this will get lost in the long run.
It's far from reaching the same heights of excellence as "Gente di mare" or "Avrei voluto". This also lacks the innovation of songs like "I treni di Tozeur" and "Si".

Just being neat and polished isn't enough...
7 Points

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

GermanBango

Watch out, here comes another weak attack on your nationality: Enough with your Germansplaining!

I still struggle to find out by which standard Italy is overrated. These walls of text did not help-.....

Probably by the same standard as you thinking Sweden and Australia are - the subjective one. ;)

Ezio

Veteran
OK, so to argue that Italian music is not emotional but insincere and Sweden's or Australia's would be deep and sincere, is not justifiable by "subjective standards" and it is still a diversion from the question "Why is Italy overrated?"

Italy consistently outperforms Sweden and Australia in the televote, which goes to show that viewers at home connect much more with their songs. This is when "subjective impressions" become "empirically proven facts".

Conclusion:
Italy is overrated because viewers at home are emotional babies who lack the maturity to comprehend the merit of a perfectly polished pop song. Right?

OK, so case closed.

hawadharma

Anyway this is a yuck song

RIP Eurovision 2020, so far none of the entry are to my liking

Mrm

Veteran
Let's see if any other thread will have more comments and pages this season than Italy.. :)

Loindici

Veteran

nudiecrudi

[QUOTE="SwedishFailurez, post: 1971792,this song sounds neat but lacks the big emotional punch because this does felt cold and manipulative. Even if the lyrics is trying to imply that the song is emotional but for someone who is used to the Italian music scene, it's not.

[/QUOTE]
I think that he convinced most of the journalists and music critics which are so so used to the Italian music being awarded by them with Mia Martini price.
There hasn't been any single controversy about his win.
Lanfranchi, a critic of Corriere della Sera, wrote a long article about Diodato s win.
Basicly the beaty and sincerity of the song, returning to the origins with a ballad, the humble character of the singer which has worked hard to achieve finally some results, his classic voice are the reason of his success.

Top Bottom