Contact us

Other sports

JamieBrown

Today Tour de France ended with Vincenzo Nibali winning the whole thing and Marcel Kittel the last stage! After the other two big favourites Contador and Froome had to quit the race, the race seemed very for Nibali and the time gaps are just impressing.

Peter Sagan from Slovakia won the green jersey without winning any stage and Rafal Majka from Poland won the polka-dot jersey for the best climber of this year. And french Thibaut Pinot won the white jersey for best young rider and became 3rd next to Nibali and Jean-Christophe Péraud (France). I'm happy for them. Last time a french rider was in the Top 3 was in 1998 and they're still waiting for a french winner since 29 years. Péraud is 37, he's not the hope for the future, but next to Pinot, who's aged 24, there's the same-aged Romain Bardet ended up close to Top 5. And also Pierre Rolland, one of my favourite cyclists, had a better tour than last year and became 11th. He's 28, so he have some years to do better.

The rankings tops:

50px-Jersey_yellow.svg.png
Individual time classification
01. :it: Vincenzo Nibali 89h 59' 06''
02. :fr: Jean-Christophe Péraud +7' 37''
03. :fr: Thibaut Pinot +8' 15''
04. :es: Alejandro Valverde +9' 40''
05. :us: Tejay Van Garderen +11' 24''
06. :fr: Romain Bardet +11' 26''
07. :cz: Leopold König +14' 32''
08. :es: Haimar Zubeldia +17' 57''
09. :nl: Laurens Ten Dam +18' 11''
10. :nl: Bauke Mollema +21' 15''

50px-Jersey_green.svg.png
Individual points classification
1. :sk: Peter Sagan 431 pts
2. :no: Alexander Kristoff 282 pts
3. :fr: Bryan Coquard 271 pts

50px-Jersey_polkadot.svg.png
Best climber classification
1. :pl: Rafal Majka 181 pts
2. :it: Vincenzo Nibali 168 pts
3. :es: Joaquim Rodriguez 112 pts

50px-Jersey_white.svg.png
Young rider classification
1. :fr: Thibaut Pinot 90h 07' 21''
2. :fr: Romain Bardet +3' 11''
3. :pl: Michal Kwiatkowski +1h 13' 40''

50px-Jersey_yellow_number.svg.png
Team classification
1. :fr: Ag2R La Mondiale 270h 27' 02''

50px-Jersey_red_number.svg.png
Combativity classification
1. :it: Alessandro De Marchi

20140727265_271946G-3.jpg

20140727283_271953G.jpg

20140727277_271949G-2.jpg

esc87fan

It was a great Tour to watch this year. I can't wait for next year's Grand Depart from Utrecht, stage 2 will take them to the Delta in Zeeland at Neeltje Jans (I've actually been there)

Edward

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/f1-champion-lewis-hamilton-crashes-21-millon-pagani-zonda

I bet "Mr. Sportmanship" was high up in his fantasizing and literally "saw" Rosberg driving that Pagani :mrgreen: We all know that he would be very cap(inserting long pause here)able of such.

Brazil should be interesting as usual. Mexico was ok in a scenario way. Ricciardo and Bottas not being penalized for their deeds was risible but expected when being acquainted with F1 protegées (lost a little bit of respect for Bottas there). Austin was a sham.

Hungary is still probably the best race of the season. Along Singapore and the usual suspect of Malaysia (even though not as exciting this year).

Next season should be more interesting. Guiterrez is a crappy choice for Haas though. Vergne would have been the ideal and logical choice.

On a side note, disappointed with Vettel backing Valentino Rossi following the Moto GP incident. Should try a little less trying to please the Italians. He's already loved for his intelligent attitude, let alone undeniable top of the game driving skills. So there was really no need for that.

JamieBrown

4-Hills Tournament 2015/16 seems to be over. :sl: Peter Prevc flies like superman these days xclap

ShoeFlo

That was predictable though.
I'm happy that Severin Freund meanwhile is able to keep his nerves when it counts. The last few 4-hills-tournaments were very disappointing cause Freund as well as Freitag suddenly struggled and couldnt do their best.
Today 4 Germans in the Top 10, it couldnt be better. xup this tournament was already a success for us.
Preuc jumps like he is from another planet
If the first competition in Oberstdorf wasn't a little unfair he would have been able to make the "grand slam" and win on all hills just like only Hannawald did it before :D

EscGeek

Veteran
yay,i'm not the only one here watching xcheer

Prevc jumps better than i do in a game.That's something:lol: xbow

I'm a bit worried about Kranjec and Tepeš....Ski-flying WC is in two weeks and they are far from ready

JamieBrown

yay,i'm not the only one here watching xcheer

Prevc jumps better than i do in a game.That's something:lol: xbow

I'm a bit worried about Kranjec and Tepeš....Ski-flying WC is in two weeks and they are far from ready

I have a passion for a few wintersports. Biathlon and Ski Jumping use to be my favourites, but I also like Snowboarding and Alpine racing :)

About Tepes I think he will come back for good. Don't know about Kranjec. I haven't see him doing good for a while xshrug

Just hope Freund won't lose to much in Bad Mitterndorf. He shall stand a chance to overtake Prevc between the Kulm and Planica :lol:

esc87fan

Looking forward to the new cycling season starting up again. I follow Team Sky, and they picked up some great new signings including Danny van Poppel, Mikel Landa, Michal Kwiatkoski, Michal Golas and Benat Inxausti. Of course I can't wait for this year's Tour, I'd love to see Chris Froome win it all again (and to see my other favorite rider, Geraint Thomas, do well)

EscGeek

Veteran
Peter Prevc is the world champion xyaay
Kranjec had me worried for nothing,he did great (Tepeš also) :D

My prediction for tomorrow:

1-:no:
2-:sl:
3-:de:
4-:at:

JamieBrown

Yes...an "interesting" competition at the Teams European World Ski Flying Championships :mrgreen:

5 jumps above 200 m are enough for a silver medal xyes

blue00eyes

Wow we so owe the hammer throw :cool:
Anita Włodarczyk slayed once again (even with contusion), Fajdek also won; Kopron and Nowicki get bronze. I'm so proud.

Anyone's watching the competitions in London? How is your country doing, what about your favourites?

JChan

Anyone's watching the competitions in London? How is your country doing, what about your favourites?

Oh boy, Canada is having a really really bad championships. Not a single athlete on the podium for the first time since 2001. A lot of our top athletes somehow caught a stomach bug and couldn't compete, or had other injuries. :(
On the bright side, we can only go up from here!!

LastDreamer

Banned
For me Coburn's gold finish is the most impressive thing in the last 10 years in major athletics competitions. xheart

blue00eyes

Oh boy, Canada is having a really really bad championships. Not a single athlete on the podium for the first time since 2001. A lot of our top athletes somehow caught a stomach bug and couldn't compete, or had other injuries. :(
On the bright side, we can only go up from here!!
You are much better in winter sports though! :mrgreen:

esc87fan

I'm currently following the last Grand Tour of cycling for this year, the Vuelta. Saturday's stage is going to be a barn-burner up to the Alto de l'Angliru, and Chris Froome (Team Sky) is currently holding on to a 1:37 overall lead. If he survives this penultimate stage with little to no time loss, he will have done something incredible when he rides into Madrid on Sunday...

*His first Vuelta win after 3 second-place finishes
*Becomes the first British rider to win the overall in this race
*Becomes the first rider in nearly 40 years to complete the Tour-Vuelta double in the same season, and the first in the modern era

GO FROOMEY!!! xcheer

blue00eyes

No Volleyball fans here in the forum? :eek:

Today the last matches of the Men's World Cup 2018 take place.. I am excited because we can win it for the 2nd time in a row.

My wish (and prediction) :)
1. :pl:
2. :br:
3. :us:
4. :rs:

DutchSuomiFan

Does anyone on here follow the darts? The World Grand Prix has started today and 4 out of 4 Dutchmen are through to round 2 already, which has never happened in the World Grand Prix before.

esc87fan

Michael Woods won the bronze medal in the men's road race at the world road cycling championships today in Austria, it's the first medal for a cyclist from :ca: in 34 years!

Top Bottom