Contact us

Other sports

CPV4931

How does it feel now that Max Hopp is still in the Euros whereas all the Dutchmen are out [MENTION=6296]CPV4931[/MENTION]?:D

Feels a bit strange ;-) but James Wilson won´t be an easy opponent tonight, his match against Clayton was quite strong and he always can deliver a good game.

DutchSuomiFan

[MENTION=6296]CPV4931[/MENTION] Too bad for Germany!

What is the difference between a Dutch Max and a German Max? The Dutch Max knows how to hold a big lead!:D;)

DutchSuomiFan

Gonna be an interesting night of darts with 2 Dutchmen in the semifinals of the Players Championship Finals. Imagine if we'd get a Van Gerwen v Noppert final :lol:

JamieBrown

Zehra Güneş xheart
Love how in Turkey, women only do well in sports! Keep it up!

Great shots xup

Volleyball situation here in Germany is kinda saddening xshrug

DenizESC

Banned
Great shots xup

Volleyball situation here in Germany is kinda saddening xshrug

There is indeed a drop in German performance sadly :( but I believe the young generations are still quite talented overall, just need those 1-2 big talents from youth sections to add to the main squad and they could stun a lot of teams imo

JamieBrown

There is indeed a drop in German performance sadly :( but I believe the young generations are still quite talented overall, just need those 1-2 big talents from youth sections to add to the main squad and they could stun a lot of teams imo

That's for sure. It wasn't long ago when the men were a major team in Europe and the women had their little peaks every now and then. But then again, it were the best performances in ages. Problem is, that with the lack of presence at the major events, less of the youth will decide to join the sports. I hope for any team to qualify for the next olympics, but that would come close to a miracle with these draws

DenizESC

Banned
That's for sure. It wasn't long ago when the men were a major team in Europe and the women had their little peaks every now and then. But then again, it were the best performances in ages. Problem is, that with the lack of presence at the major events, less of the youth will decide to join the sports. I hope for any team to qualify for the next olympics, but that would come close to a miracle with these draws

Gosh yes, the draws for the Olympics are indeed quite something... Regardless of who makes it, many great teams will not be able to go to the Olympics on both the men's and women's game... That's sad, but the OGQ will be amazing to watch, thats sure.

DenizESC

Banned
So the Turkish women beat Poland and Germany in a thriller of a semis and finals for the Olympic Qualifier.

My fave moment vs Poland:
Minute 05:15-05:27 legendary match point save

My fave/mvp moments vs Germany:
Minute 03:17-3:57

HayashiM

Veteran
Dana Zátopková, a :cz: Olympic javelin gold medalist from Helsinki 1952, has sadly passed away today, aged 97. You might more probably know her late husband Emil Zátopek, 5 times long distance running Olympic champion and probably the greatest Sportsman our country has ever had, nicknamed "The :cz: Locomotive". Coming from Zlín, my city of birth, both of them have been amongst my biggest idols since my childhood. I remember Dana awarding me my first (and last worth mentioning :) ) running medal 22 years ago, when I was a little brat and didn't yet know who exactly was that funny granny next to me.

As a trivia point, they had both been born on the exact same date and also Dana won her Olympic gold on the same day as Emil won his 5000m, just one hour apart. Later on, Emil cockily presented this to the local :fi: newspaper as "his victory inspiring his wife to get one of her own". However, the world record holding Dana had a comeback - "oh very well then, there's plenty of girls in the competition, try inspiring one of them and let's see how far they'll be able to throw!".

View attachment 293

Life was not kind to them, they couldn't have any children and as a "thank you" for all his representation, the communist regime forced Emil to work in the uranium mines. Despite all the obstacles, they remained very down-to-earth and friendly people.

After 20 years of separation, I'd like to believe Dana and Emil are together again. May they rest in peace.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Athletics. Women's High Jump.

:ua: 19 years old o_O Yaroslava Mahuchikh - 2.06 cm in Banska Bystrica. She became the 7th best athlete ever, 3rd best result indoors ever. The best result in almost a decade.
She improved our national record on 1 cm.

Due to stupid IAAF rules unfortunately this won't be counted as U20 world record.

DenizESC

Banned
The Turkish 🇹🇷 women's volleyball team wins the bronze medal in Volleyball Nations League beating Japan 🇯🇵 3-0 :love:

USA 🇺🇸 and Brazil 🇧🇷 will fight for the Gold and Silver

y3i94pgndeasrqjp69wr.jpg

njdevils94

Veteran
@EscGeek Are you following the basketball Olympic qualifying tournament in Kaunas? It's shaping up to be a Slovenia-Lithuania final with the winner headed to the Tokyo Olympics.

Top Bottom