Contact us

Other sports

esc87fan

Too bad it wasn't Dumoulin!

He won two silvers - one in the TTT with Sunweb and the other in the ITT. He admitted that he had nothing left to catch Valverde, Bardet and Woods on the line

cegs5

No Volleyball fans here in the forum? :eek:

Today the last matches of the Men's World Cup 2018 take place.. I am excited because we can win it for the 2nd time in a row.

My wish (and prediction) :)
1. :pl:
2. :br:
3. :us:
4. :rs:

You nailed it.

CPV4931

Does anyone on here follow the darts? The World Grand Prix has started today and 4 out of 4 Dutchmen are through to round 2 already, which has never happened in the World Grand Prix before.

Yes, I do :-) Unfortunatelly Max Hopp didn´t play well against Chisnall yesterday but after all I am very satisfied with the Players Championships this weekend before the start of the WGP, didn´t expect Max Hopp winning a tournament and Martin Schindler beating MvG there.

DutchSuomiFan

He won two silvers - one in the TTT with Sunweb and the other in the ITT. He admitted that he had nothing left to catch Valverde, Bardet and Woods on the line

Yes, I know. I just think that it would've been magical had he won a medal at the road race. I think the last time a Dutchman won the road race was in 1985, so I was obviously hoping for another medal:) Anyway, congrats to you!

DutchSuomiFan

Yes, I do :-) Unfortunatelly Max Hopp didn´t play well against Chisnall yesterday but after all I am very satisfied with the Players Championships this weekend before the start of the WGP, didn´t expect Max Hopp winning a tournament and Martin Schindler beating MvG there.

I hope we will see better performances of Germans in the future unless they're playing Dutchmen;). Funny how different our darts cultures are. Germans are already very satisfied with a Players Championship title, whereas for us it is just another day at the office:D

I'm happy that 5 out of 6 Dutchmen have qualified for the next round. Too bad Noppert is still too inexperienced to deal with Price's assholeness. Tonight we've got 4 games and all 4 games include a Dutchman. I think MvG, Barney and Gurney are going to win. I think the De Zwaan vs Anderson game is 50/50. Imagine if all games have a Dutch winner! Something like that might have not ever happened before in just one night!

Who do you think is going to win the German Super League? Hopp, Schindler and Clemens are already qualified for the worlds, so there aren't that many Germans left.

CPV4931

I hope we will see better performances of Germans in the future unless they're playing Dutchmen;). Funny how different our darts cultures are. Germans are already very satisfied with a Players Championship title, whereas for us it is just another day at the office:D

I'm happy that 5 out of 6 Dutchmen have qualified for the next round. Too bad Noppert is still too inexperienced to deal with Price's assholeness. Tonight we've got 4 games and all 4 games include a Dutchman. I think MvG, Barney and Gurney are going to win. I think the De Zwaan vs Anderson game is 50/50. Imagine if all games have a Dutch winner! Something like that might have not ever happened before in just one night!

Who do you think is going to win the German Super League? Hopp, Schindler and Clemens are already qualified for the worlds, so there aren't that many Germans left.

Yes, even a Players Championship victory is very new for us since our players barely reached Quarter or Semi Finals there 2-3 years ago. But Hopp, Clemens and Schindler are having a great season on the floor so far. Of course the Dutch players are miles ahead of our players and I don´t see this changing during the next years.
Regarding the German Super League, I think, Kevin Münch will qualify. He didn´t have a good year so far, but always has the potential to have a good day of darts and that is what you need in the final of this tournament.

DutchSuomiFan

Yes, even a Players Championship victory is very new for us since our players barely reached Quarter or Semi Finals there 2-3 years ago. But Hopp, Clemens and Schindler are having a great season on the floor so far. Of course the Dutch players are miles ahead of our players and I don´t see this changing during the next years.
Regarding the German Super League, I think, Kevin Münch will qualify. He didn´t have a good year so far, but always has the potential to have a good day of darts and that is what you need in the final of this tournament.

That's not very good news for Adrian Lewis:D

DutchSuomiFan

Does anyone on here follow the tennis? The ATP/WTA Beijing tournament is being played right now. Our own :nl:Kiki Bertens is doing great once again. She's virtually in the top 10 of the world and she could still make it to the Finals in Singapore as well:D

DutchSuomiFan

Tonight we've got the semifinals of the World Grand Prix. the semifinals are Van Gerwen vs Gurney and Wright vs Suljovic. Would be nice if we will see a Van Gerwen vs Suljovic final. Your thoughts [MENTION=6296]CPV4931[/MENTION] ?

CPV4931

Tonight we've got the semifinals of the World Grand Prix. the semifinals are Van Gerwen vs Gurney and Wright vs Suljovic. Would be nice if we will see a Van Gerwen vs Suljovic final. Your thoughts [MENTION=6296]CPV4931[/MENTION] ?

I am supporting Suljovic here but I think the final will be Wright vs. MvG. I hope, that Gurney won´t win the tournament, because this wouldn´t be good for Max Hopp´s chances to qualify for the GSOD.

DutchSuomiFan

I am supporting Suljovic here but I think the final will be Wright vs. MvG. I hope, that Gurney won´t win the tournament, because this wouldn´t be good for Max Hopp´s chances to qualify for the GSOD.

I just knew you were going to support Suljovic;).

The needle between Gurney and Anderson was typically Anderson. Remember his game against Barney.

DutchSuomiFan

F1 : :uk:Lewis Hamilton won the Japanese GP. :fi:Valtteri Bottas ended up 2nd and :nl:Max Verstappen ended up 3rd. Did anyone on here watch the race? What did you make of the Vettel vs Verstappen incident and the Verstappen vs Räikkönen incident? I think that the stewards really should've punished Vettel, especially when they give Verstappen a punishment for an incident like the one with Räikkönen. I'm glad he ended up third though.

Darts : :nl:Michael van Gerwen won the World Grand Prix after beating :sc:Peter Wright in the final by 5-2 in sets. That missed D16 by Wright when he wanted to check out 68 really was the turning point in that game. Needless to say, I'm happy with this Van Gerwen win:D The next tv tournament is the European Championships in Dortmund. Will any Germans on here go to the tournament?

Tennis : :dk:Wozniacki has won the WTA Beijing tournament after beating :lv:Sevastova 6-3, 6-3. In other tennis news, :nl:Kiki Bertens could still make it to the WTA Finals! She will be in the top 10 of the world tomorrow. A Dutch player in the top 10 did not happen ever since Brenda Schultz-McCarthy in 1996! the qualifier Daniil Medvedev won the ATP Tokyo tournament after beating Kei Nishikori in the final by 6-2, 6-4. Basilashvili has just won the ATP Beijing tournament after beating Juan Martin Del Porto in the final! When was the last time a Georgian tennis player won a big tournament like that, if there ever have been any?

Volleyball : :nl:The Netherlands are doing brilliant in the women's World Championship. They won all of their 1st round group games and now they've won their first second round game against Puerto Rico

esc87fan

Some big dates for those that follow cycling...

:fr: October 25: The route for the 2019 Tour de France will be unveiled. The race itself starts in Brussels on July 6, in honor of the 50th anniversary of Eddy Merckx's first win

:it: October 31: The route for the 2019 Giro d'Italia will be unveiled

DutchSuomiFan

WC Women's Volleyball :

:nl: are through to the semifinals after beating :us: 3-2! What a fantastic achievement. They've never been in the semifinals before. They will play against :it: or :rs: in the semifinals after playing their last group game against ::na.

:nl:Michael van Gerwen has won the European Darts Trophy after beating :en:James Wade 8-3.

This week will decide who is going to play in the WTA Finals in ::sg. Should :nl:Kiki Bertens get to the semifinals of the :ru:WTA Moscow tournament, then she's in. Fingers crossed.

DutchSuomiFan

The :nl:Volleyball ladies did not make it to the final of the WC. They lost to:rs: in the semifinal, which is not a shame at all. :rs: will play :it: in the final. :nl: will play::nain the game for 3rd place.

:nl:Kiki Bertens made it to the WTA Finals in Singapore. She was lucky that :ro:Simona Halep pulled out of the tournament, otherwise she wouldn't have been eligible to play.

Top Bottom