15 6.3%

12 5.0%

4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

Jim

ERT and government's choices killed Greece this year... They rejected Eleni Foureira, maybe the winner of the whole competition this year, to send this and fail to qualify... Very right decision... :twisted:

EvNickGR

You think the fireworks are enough to decide if a song qualifies or not? Well if it is, it's just a sign of how bad the entire package/performance was that you had to rely on those things.
Greece had an extra rehearsal as well so I don't think you guys can complain.

The reason Greece failed should be obvious to everyone, really: the song was made for Greeks. In Eurovision, Greeks can't vote for Greece. The wider European audience didn't get the song or just didn't like it enough in such a strong semi-final.

Yes, the fireworks are not enough for a song to qualify, BUT when an error results in to SCARE the performer and to AFFECT Yianna's singing in JURY show then it matters big time, my friend. As for the extra rehearsal, it was only for the lights - Yianna didn't sing at all! Only 1 rehearsal did well, one. I don't say we were robbed, I say that there were so many technical problems, and you have to admit that. Thank you again. :cool:

Kairit

I didn't feel any emotion in her voice when I was listening to the studio version, I didn't see it during the live performance either. It's such a shame. She could bring a lot more emotion and energy into her singing and it would be a lot better, and also clearer what she's singing about, because I still like the meaning of the song. It was all just a bit dull next to some others, so I understand the result.

Milos-BC

Regardless of what happens in semi 2 this is and will remain as the biggest robbery of year :( Some people predicted this, sadly, but I couldn't believe it. I also can't wrap my head around the fact that :ie: qualified over this masterpiece.

Maybe not everything was perfect but no one performs their song perfectly anyway. I will miss this song in the final :(

Jim

Katerina for next year please... She can't sing so good, but she's good on stage!

Jim

Katerina said many times that she doesn't want to take part in Eurovision, but I guess if ERT propose her with internal selection, she will do it, because Eleni does it this year...

Nicholas123

Oh I will :cool: Is she rapping bible verses in that song? She needs to work on her flow a bit :eek:

Actually no, she's being sarcastic in this song. She's talking about how the "bad" greek press and showbiz are "celebrating" her dead career, but "even from the coffin her voice will still be heard"...Fucking epic! :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
So as expected it was the juries that killed Greece's qualification xcry

When will their hatred towards different sounding, local sounding and native language entries ever stop!?

EvNickGR

When will their hatred towards different sounding, local sounding and native language entries ever stop!?

I fear it won't stop. Juries must leave the contest for me. Televoting is enough and more fair.

Realest

Nohate of course as always, but I think you could stop Spinning the Reality in your Point of View and stay at least a bit objective. Greece was 10th in the Televoting with measly 53 Points. 48 of them Came of Countries with a big Greek Population (CY/AM/BG/AL/BE/UK/MK) and only 5 of them came from "Neutral" Countries without Greek Diaspora (HR/CH). I know geographical Voting exists everywhere in Europe, but the extent in which Greece benefitted from geographical Voting compared to other Countries in this Semi is extrem unfair. And a Country that Relies 91% from Points from Votingallies/Diasporacountries and couldnt convince most of the "neutral" countries, shouldnt qualify only thanks to extreme Draw-Luck. If Greece switched the Semifinal with another Country from the Same Draw-Pot (f.e. Romania of Hungary), so that Greece competed in the 2nd Semi without all these Allies, Greece wouldnt have nearly qualified in the TV.

Also you forgot intentionally to mention that the Juries killed a motherlanguaged Local Song in Order to save an other Motherlanguaged Local Song (Albania). So your Argument that Juries principally hate motherlanguaged local Songs. And as I said a few days ago, only because a Song is local and motherlanguaged, it doesnt mean that its automatically good. Greece send such local Songs in 2010 and 2013 f.e. and came Top3 in the Juryvoting in the Semi, so this Proves that Juries are able to support such Songs if they are really good. Also you apparently forgot That the Top6 from 2012 except Sweden were all Motherlanguaged Song, so......

Also it is to mention that we Judge Liveversions and not Studioversions so it makes Sense to rank Greece outside the Top10, cause she didnt deliver.

GermanBango

Sorry I gotta ask:
Why are the Greek spokespersons always so damn annoying? We all know that your 12 points go to Cyprus anyway so shut it and stop trying to be funny for god's sake :lol:

Citelis

Sorry I gotta ask:
Why are the Greek spokespersons always so damn annoying? We all know that your 12 points go to Cyprus anyway so shut it and stop trying to be funny for god's sake :lol:

LOL it was stupid because everyone knew where the votes will go! :lol:

Top Bottom