26 8.8%

10 3.4%

13 4.4%

6 2.0%

8 2.7%

58 19.7%

• Total voters

Joyride

She is the moral winner 2015, no doubt. In spite of how rude the audience and commentators were (booing etc) she were still enthuiastic, friendly and smiling during the whole competition.

Polina is great; sweet and charming. As I said, I loved the Russian entry this year and I wouldn't mind if it had won.

I just don't get the complaining... even IF Lithuania gave 12 points to Sweden, even IF we left out the juries - then Russia would still be second after Italy. So what's the point?

Guitarhero

Polina is great; sweet and charming. As I said, I loved the Russian entry this year and I wouldn't mind if it had won.

I just don't get the complaining... even IF Lithuania gave 12 points to Sweden, even IF we left out the juries - then Russia would still be second after Italy. So what's the point?

The point is the political voting that only affects Russia makes her lose some points from every country.

blein

Guys i dont get it.... did polina cry because of applause or she cry because she heard booooooooing ?

Joni

The point is the political voting that only affects Russia makes her lose some points from every country.

In other words, if there was no current political situation, Russia had won this year by far because even despite the situation they almost won - which was really surprising.

GWTW1939

In other words, if there was no current political situation, Russia had won this year by far because even despite the situation they almost won - which was really surprising.

I'm still shocked they came so close and even more shocked Polina beat Mans in the televoting.....did ANYONE see that coming :lol:

Milos-BC

I think top 3 is a bit too much for :ru: this year, but she did deserve a high result, generally. The song is strong + it was one of the strongest vocal performances of the night and easily the most inspiring act too.

That being sad, even though I find it a little overrated, each time when I saw a group of various hypocrites booing from the audience, I wanted to see her winning just so that she pisses them off even more.

Carian

I think top 3 is a bit too much for :ru: this year, but she did deserve a high result, generally. The song is strong + it was one of the strongest vocal performances of the night and easily the most inspiring act too.

That being sad, even though I find it a little overrated, each time when I saw a group of various hypocrites booing from the audience, I wanted to see her winning just so that she pisses them off even more.

Dragi Miloše, ne bih mogao da se više slažem sa tobom hahaha. = Dear, Miloš, I couldn't agree with you more :)

Polina Gagarina/Russia deserved her 2nd position - I am not a fan of this song, but she is majestic, her vocals, performance, her beauty worked magically that night. I would actually liked Russia to win, and surely one of the reasons would be also the one you stressed! This "anti-Russian" propaganda among ESC fans is simply ridiculous. When I heard someone say: Oh, my God, if she wins, I will not be able to go to ESC next year, cuz I am gay... Duh? Are you serious? Last year Russia hosted Olympics and 7 openly gay athletes participated in Sochi, and all of them came home safely. In fact, Putin warranted that no harm will happen to anyone being gay or not during Sochi Olympics no matter what laws they have. So, saying that Russia shouldn't win because of their anti-gay laws is as primitive as the laws themselves. Yes, I am against Putin's anti-gay laws, but I don't think that ESC is the way to fight them. If gays in Western Europe oppose these laws, then, damn, DO SOMETHING all year long, not only when some big events take place in Russia, or Russia takes part in them by booing at them. It's lame, lame, and once again LAME.

All in all, this whole issue with Russia in ESC over the last couple of years seems to me as one big joke, hypocrisy of the West. So, Miloš, go bro, tell them, I am with you. And one more thing: this is coming from a gay. Go Russia, keep them sweat :) xlove

Carian

I'm still shocked they came so close and even more shocked Polina beat Mans in the televoting.....did ANYONE see that coming :lol:

What I didnt see coming is 12 points from Germany to Russia :) But that was juries work... Polina definitively showed Mans that vocal chords and girl's beauty easily kick his butt :)))

Fluke

Kinda off topic... but it bothers me how Western media spins the booing and general disdain for Russia's entries into being an LGBT issue, or about Russia being a socially restrictive state. Then why don't they boo Belarus and Azerbaijan? The reason for the booing is the war, not LGBT issues.... at least try to get the reasons right!

FilipFromSweden

I am going to be completely honest. I don't think the political situation stopped Polina winning in any way, maybe she would've gotten 2-3 points more or something, but Russia who is right now heavily critisised in Europe right now got 303 points, I don't think she would've beaten Italy in the televote no matter what.

Now if the juries we're biased we/I can't tell. There is no evidence for it, but keep in mind that juries still ranked Polina top 3 xshrug

Uto

Veteran
Kinda off topic... but it bothers me how Western media spins the booing and general disdain for Russia's entries into being an LGBT issue, or about Russia being a socially restrictive state. Then why don't they boo Belarus and Azerbaijan? The reason for the booing is the war, not LGBT issues.... at least try to get the reasons right!

Yes I found that quite weird as well.

GWTW1939

Oh please fanboys don't care about any war.....it is ALL about LGBT otherwise they wouldn't be purposely raising their pride flags as high as they could during the Russian performances or why that "journalist" asked Polina that question about trying to make Russians more acceptable of LGBT. That the only social issue the OGAY crowd, who were given the best spots in the arena possible, care about. If it really was about the war there would have been more talk about Ukraine and how Russia supposedly forced them out of this year's ESC but there wasn't any. The OGAY crowd control the mood and feeling of ESC these days and the war is not on their radar

Carian

Oh please fanboys don't care about any war.....it is ALL about LGBT otherwise they wouldn't be purposely raising their pride flags as high as they could during the Russian performances or why that "journalist" asked Polina that question about trying to make Russians more acceptable of LGBT. That the only social issue the OGAY crowd, who were given the best spots in the arena possible, care about. If it really was about the war there would have been more talk about Ukraine and how Russia supposedly forced them out of this year's ESC but there wasn't any. The OGAY crowd control the mood and feeling of ESC these days and the war is not on their radar

Well, my issue with this OGAY crowd (I loved this one, douze points to GWTW1939 from Carian) is not only because they boo Russia for whatever war or law they make, but it is blatantly evident that certain countries are subject to different criteria than others when judged. Does anyone talk or mention Latvia's or Lithuania's anti-Russian laws that put Russian minority in impossible situation to live there? Does anyone booes Hungary for almost Nazi laws they have introduced recently? Does anyone boo France for having deported Romanian gypsies? Does anyone boo British for their imperialistic policies? Or Swedish anti-Muslim and anti-Jewish laws that prevent them to live according to their traditional laws (I talk about prohibiting Jews and Muslim to kill animals in the way that is known simply as "kosher")? Nope, nope, nope. Besides, what is the difference between Russian anti-gay laws and those countries that still didn't legalize gay marriages? Well, if we boo Russia, lets be fair and lets boo one another for various racist, homophobic, or any laws of this kind that almost any European country still has - in covert or explicit form.
Furthermore, as a member of one of the Slavic nations, I have started wondering because of the last two ESC editions whether these double criteria apply not only to Russia, but anyone who doesn't belong to one of the "most democratic" goverments of the Western Europe... The aftertaste is definitively not good, and after having discovered that the new rules for jury ranking/voting since 2013 can anihilate the televoting of "Eastern block votings", this feeling/impression is only worsened.

Top Bottom