Some Eurovision fan blogs across the net have been spreading rumours of a different rehearsal schedule to the usual rota journalists and avid fans have become accustomed to over the years. Now it seems that the rumour does indeed have some credence – the Eurovision 2017 rehearsals look set to begin on Sunday 30th April, pending EBU confirmation.
A convincing looking schedule which sees the arena and press centre in use for every day between April 30th and the final on May 13th has been circulating around the web which would see the mornings freed up in the second week. The rehearsal schedule in 2016 did see some very long days for artists, fans and journalists and with one more country in this year’s contest the decision was perhaps taken to spread the rehearsals further.
The rumoured schedule will see the first country, Sweden, taking to Kiev’s stage at 10:00am on Sunday 30th April for their first rehearsal, concluding on that day with the first run through of Portugal.
The provisional schedule is as follows;
- Sunday 30th April – Sweden to Portugal (10:00-17:10) first rehearsals
- Monday 1st May – Greece to Latvia (10:00-17:10) first rehearsals
- Tuesday 2nd May – Serbia to Ireland (10:00-17:10) first rehearsals
- Wednesday 3rd May – San Marino to Israel (10:00-17:10) first rehearsals
- Thursday 4th May – Sweden to Cyprus (10:00-18:30) second rehearsals
- Friday 5th May – Armenia to Romania (10:00-14:40) second rehearsals, Big 5 and Ukraine (15:05-19:40) first rehearsals
- Saturday 6th May – Netherlands to Israel (10:00-16:40) second rehearsals
- Sunday 7th May – Big 5 and Ukraine (10:00-12:25) second rehearsals, Red Carpet, Opening Ceremony and Welcome Party in evening
- Monday 8th May – Semi-Final 1 dress rehearsal 1 (16:00-18:25), jury show (22:00-00:10)
- Tuesday 9th May – Semi-Final 1 family show (16:00-18:10), LIVE SHOW (22:00-00:10), press conference (00:30-01:10)
- Wednesday 10th May – Semi-Final 2 dress rehearsal 1 (16:00-18:25), jury show (22:00-00:10)
- Thursday 11th May – Semi-Final 2 family show (16:00-18:10), LIVE SHOW (22:00-00:10), press conference (00:30-01:10)
- Friday 12th May – Final dress rehearsal 1 (15:00-18:00), press conferences for Big 5, Ukraine and Junior Eurovision (18:10-21:00), jury show (22:00-01:30)
- Saturday 13th May – Final family show (14:00-17:30), Eurovision Song Contest 2017 (22:00-01:30), winner’s press conference following
We at escYOUnited will still be on hand to cover every twist and turn of the contest, with coverage set to begin on day one be it Sunday or Monday!
What do #YOU think of the changed schedule? Will you be in Kyiv and affected by the changes? Share your thoughts with us!