Tallinn, 11 January 2022
Estonia’s broadcaster ERR has just revealed the semifinal division for their Eurovision selection show, Eesti Laul.
The Poolfinaalid, set to air at 5 and 7 February 2022, will feature a line-up of 10 contestants vying for a spot in the Finaal on 12 February. Fans will be able to follow the liveshow via the ERR.ee portal on the night of the liveshows.
Tomi Rahula, the executive producer of Eesti Laul is excited for the -as of now- unnamed presenters of the live shows, whose names will be made public on Tuesday evening during Ringvaat. “Such a pair has never presented a show like this before” stated Rahula.
All three upcoming liveshows will take place in the Saku Suurhall located in Tallinn. The Poolfinaalid will see five qualifiers each, determined by a mix of public televotes and a jury vote.
The line-up for the first Poolfinaal (05/Feb/2022) was revealed as follows:
- Alabama Watchdog – “Move on“
- Andrei Zevakin ft. Grete Paia – “Mis nüüd saab” (What Happens Now)
- Elina Nechayeva – “Remedy“
- Elysa – “Fire“
- Helen – “Vaata minu poole” (Look at me)
- Kaia-Liisa Kesler – “Vaikus” (Silence)
- Merilin Mälk – “Little Girl“
- Ott Lepland – “Aovalguses” (In the morning light)
- Stig Rästa – “Interstellar“
- Triin Niitoja & Frants Tikerpuu – “Laululind” (Songbird)
Which means the following artists compete in the second Poolfinaal (07/Feb/2022):
- Anna Sahlene – “Champion“
- Black Velvet – “Sandra“
- Boamadu – “Mitte kauaks” (Not For Long)
- Evelin Samuel – “Waterfall“
- Jaagup Tuisk – “Kui vaid” (If Only)
- Jyrise – “Plaksuta” (Clap Along)
- Maian – “Meeletu” (Crazy)
- Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – “What to make of this“
- Púr Múdd, Shira – “Golden Shores“
- STEFAN – “Hope“
Note that these are merely the semfinal designations, not the actual running orders.
On Saturday 12 February, the ten qualified finalists will compete for a final time, this time for a chance to represent Estonia at Eurovision 2022 in Turin.
Which semifinal are #YOU the most excited for? Who are #YOU rooting for? Let us know in the comments, on social media or on our forum HERE.