Early this morning Česká televize (ČT) dropped the name of the artists set to compete in their live national final. The announcement carried with it a big surprise, since a total of 5 artists, not the originally promised 3, would be competing for a slot at Eurovision 2023.

The artists set to compete in ESCZ 2023 are:

  • Maella
  • Markéta Irglová
  • Pam Rabbit
  • RODAN
  • Vesna

Eurovision fans will remember Pam Rabbit from the 2019 and 2020 ESCZ contests, but may not know that she also served as a backing vocalist for Mikolas Josef at the 2018 contest. Fans will also recognize Falling Slowly songwriter and singer Markéta Irglová who competed in Söngvakeppnin in Iceland just last year. Speaking of the decision to raise the number of participating artists Kryštof Šámal, Head of Delegation for the Czech Republic, said:

“The level of the songs and artists; and also, the essence of ESCZ to share the talent and diversity in our music scene made it not very had but impossible to select 3 finalists therefore we are happy to reveal the 5 finalists that will compete to represent us in Liverpool.”

The winner of this year’s selection will be chosen through a public vote only with non-equal weight – 70% of the decision will rest with the international audience, and the remaining 30% resting with the Czech audience. The show will air on the official Eurovision YouTube Channel on January 30th at 21:00 PM CET, but voting on the Eurovision App will remain open until February 6th. It is still unknown if the songs will be revealed prior to the show.

Which songs from this semi-final stand out to #YOU the most? Let us know on social media @ESCUnited, on our discord, or on our forum page!

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Connor Terry
Load More In 2023

Leave a Reply

Check Also

Kiana Interview: “I never felt “’that’ special feeling about any of the songs until we finished Where Did You Go.”

As the anticipation surrounding Sweden’s annual national final Melodifestivalen cont…