• AUSTRALIA

14 4.4%
  • ITALY

53 16.8%
  • GERMANY

3 0.9%

• Total voters

Chorizo

Imagine how much pre-recorded cheers they are going to have to use if Russia wins :lol: the crowd will go crazy and not in a good way

That reminds me of my old post in the Crystal Ball thread, where I predicted that Russia will win and that police in riot gear will storm the Stadthalle. Back then, I just didn't expect the crowd to keep cheering through all of this. :lol:

If Russia wins, the crowd will probably be completely computer generated next year and the contest will be filmed in front of a green screen. That should make things easier :lol:

ggabriele

I believe this race is between :it: :ru: and :se: (but mostly Italy and Sweden). But I think that what not a lot of people are talking about is Geography. I believe Italy will have a much larger voting bloc than Sweden.

Sweden's voting block: :no: :dk: :is: :fi: :ee: :lv: :lt: :uk: :nl: :ie: (10 countries)
Italy's voting block: :fr: :es: :pt: :ro: :md: :al: :gr: :cy: :ch: :sm: :mt: , I also think the Italian diaspora in Australia will mean that :au: will give more points to Italy than Sweden (12 countries)

So while I think it will be very close I think Italy has the advantage

Mannone

Overrated as every year: :it:
Unpredictable but most likely overrated: :au:
Always boosted by media but also validated by the jury in Mello: :se:
Never overrated for being "them", so indicating quality: :ee:

People might fancy Australia, but I think the opposite effect will force them down. You just don't win the first year you take part. So Sweden or Estonia wins. I'll be happy for both. I like :ee: the most.

GermanBango

I believe this race is between :it: :ru: and :se: (but mostly Italy and Sweden). But I think that what not a lot of people are talking about is Geography. I believe Italy will have a much larger voting bloc than Sweden.

Sweden's voting block: :no: :dk: :is: :fi: :ee: :lv: :lt: :uk: :nl: :ie: (10 countries)
Italy's voting block: :fr: :es: :pt: :ro: :md: :al: :gr: :cy: :ch: :sm: :mt: , I also think the Italian diaspora in Australia will mean that :au: will give more points to Italy than Sweden (12 countries)

So while I think it will be very close I think Italy has the advantage

Russia's "voting block" : :il: :az: :lv: :ge: :lt: :by: :am: :md: :me: :rs: :ee: ....and most likely points from :gr: :cy: :cz: :fi: :mk: ;) :lol:

FilipFromSweden

I usually bet money with my friends on who wins. The prize is about 10-12 euros and we split and pick between the 27 finalists.

If one of these win, I win his money:

If one of these win, he gets my money :D

Fluke

I'm pretty sure about Israel winning myself. Along with Belgium it's the only entry really reaching outside of the Eurovision bubble, and making people who are only watching it casually vote, who never usually vote at all. The song has an immediate appeal and he's a natural presence on stage, really acting like himself, which is something that tends to be missed by hardcore ESC fans who are to hung up on details and perfection. He has no direct competitors in his genre. Though Belgium might be very dangerous as well.

Schlagerman1

I think this year got even more complicated after the semis.... xthink

I was one of those that after semi 1 shouted "Sochi 2016" (just cause St. Petersbourg and Moscow are having Ice Hockey World Champs, so why not having a great party at Putins backyard :lol:) and I still think Russia is in it to win it.

After a rather dull 2nd semi, did Sweden really stand out and is of course in the running of a win, especially when it is so many ballads this year.

I am not counting out Italy either yet. An amazing draw with three hot guys who can sing well and can also, if they pull everything together, go and grab the trophy.

And of course Australia still got the chance. Being maybe the most happy and musically well made song can also touch both the juries and the peoples heart. Also all talk about Australia is of course in their advantage.

But now, with all talks about Belgium, I really came up with a thing that my boyfriend talked about. What if all 12s splits up between Russia (ex-USSR) Sweden (Nordic and some western countries) and Italy (southern Europe) and they all get pretty low points after that, then a song that gets most 10s and 8s can win...maybe that one could be Belgium?! :shock:

So yeah I am confused, but it will be one hell of a show and a exciting voting as well! xheat

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I'm not predicting a winner until the voting order comes in.

PashonFrut

I showed the fan favourites to my friends and they all agreed that Sweden is the winner.

joancamo

My Top 3 are Israel, Latvia and Belgium, I hope any of those 3 wins xprayxcrossed

FilipFromSweden

In all honesty I think Russia is going to win, my gut feeling is telling me so. Polina is adorable, her song is world class and the country is Russia.

JamieBrown

I see :be: going up in the odds, so maybe he will make Mans break out xpray

But I'm still going with :se: as winner's prediction

Top Bottom