Contact us

When you were 12

BernadetteCydonia

2012. Oh my what a year that was. I tried to get into some NFs but then my mom or dad would come to my room and force me to shut my laptop down for not going to sleep :( I remember especially when there was an episode of Misija Evrovizija and I was not able to continue because of my usual Sunday showertime. The NFs I did complete watching, without the Lithuanian one in mind, however, were the Georgian one, the Ukrainian one (although can't remember if it was on pre-recorded Eurovision's web stream that I watched it or did I do it live), the Swiss one, the Finnish one too I think, the Belgian one, the Croatian song's presentation, probably the Turkish song's and the Bosnian one's too... I did watch the Russian one up until the last band that was bad as people told me they were, no wonder they got last. I liked the postcards in that NF with everyone acting faux-Victorian.

Also I was a messed up kid at the time in other ways. I was fauxly obsessed with my number 1 (believe it or not, it was Malta :lol:), Eva & Nika Prusnik, and somehow ended up thinking that Compact Disco will definitely win the Hungarian NF, and so I was right :D

I ended up watching ESC 2012 semi 1 on a small screen on my laptop broadcasted by LRT Televizija (back then still LTV). Semi 2 went a bit better with the screen and so. I was indeed delighted to see my favest fave in the final and maybe because that we actually did do pretty well that year too xD

e: I will obligatorily add this being the year my room's walls have gotten repainted. My favourite moments during that were Maltese NF song listening while some other guys were in the living room talking about room related stuff and watching the German NF on my bed-turned-into-sofa completely close to my table xheart

Juliette

Oh, no no no no. I disagree. I don't want to remember my teenage years at all. At twelve it was possibly the worst.

I liked our entry in 2001, but wasn't that convinced about the winning song. Thought "Never Ever Let You Go" was better.

SaladBreak

This is so true. In 2009 I thought 'Yohanna - Is It True' was the best song in the history of the universe. (and it is)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
2007 was when I was 12. I didn't watch eurovision back then but I remember our NF and Scooch winning. Back then I lowkey thought they were great, but now I find them embarrassing. :lol:

ZoboCamel

2007 for me too - which, incidentally, was also the first year that I found out about the contest and decided to watch some of it. From memory my main favourites were Andorra (which I don't really care much for now) and Serbia and Ukraine (which I still adore today).

Serbia 2007 in particular is still probably my #1 Eurovision song, so I guess that fits with the theory from the OP!

Alaska49

i am not european and discovered eurovision at 21.5 years old so this would never apply to me, or so i thought

but my birthday is post-eurovision, so i was 12 during eurovision 2003, an iconic year full of great entries that DOES have my favourite eurovision song of all time, sanomi

INTERESTING

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Alaska49

This is a KILLER choice.
SANOMI APPRECIATION STATION

not that i don't love sertab but this absolutely should have won. i mean, it has every single element recommended by love love peace peace except the lyrics, which could also be that because they are imaginary. it's FLAWLESS.

(also fun alaska fact: my second favourite entry of all times is rendez-vous, also from belgium. BELGIOWNAGE)

also

2012. Oh my what a year that was.
which means..................... you are 17 or 18 now......................

LoathsomeSoggyCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif

Sabrewulf238

Of course! That's why Cry Baby is my favourite Eurovision song.

I don't really remember 2003 at Eurovision, but honestly anything before 2004 is kinda blurry to me. I don't think I really got invested in Eurovision properly until around 2005 or 2006.

Alaska49

BECAUSE I AM OLDDDD

and because the only eurovision reference to getting old i could remember was mamo and i HATEHATEHATE mamo

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
i was 12 in 2008 but since my birthday is in july so esc 2009....... which is one of my favorites and the winner is my favorite winner COINCIDENCE? I DON'T THINK SO

but i watched eurovision for the first time in 2014 when i was in Spain (which is also one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!)

Gitte

I was 12 in 2013, when Denmark won, and since 2012 I have watched every contest. Weirdly enough, I remember 2014 the best. Probably because that year there were like huge national selections in Flanders (finally Axel Hirsoux won, who didn't get to the final) so there was a lot of attention to the whole Eurovision thing. And my all time favourite song is Molitva, which I have never seen live but simply discovered through youtube.

:ba: robbed xcry xcry

esc87fan

I actually didn't know anything about ESC back then (I turned 12 after the 1991 contest in Rome, so it would have been Malmo 1992 for me)

Top Bottom