Contact us

What's your mum's favorite?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
They missed everything before Israel; other than that, they both liked :ge: and :fr:, but my mum's #1 was :pl:, while my dad also liked :il:, :cy:, :mt: (though not their backing dancer), and :at:.

megzpegz

She said they were all nice apart from the czech republic, Ukraine and poland :lol:

Titowam

My familys favorite (combined rankings) was Austria. My mum and dad rated it 1st and I rated it 4th.

ZoboCamel

Somehow I managed to wake up the whole family for both semis and the final at 5AM, and while I got the usual 'oh, this is a weak year, nothing stands out' from them at first, the songs grew on them as they do every year, and everyone ended up with a bunch of favourites. The biggest shared favourite in the family was clearly :lv: - he was my mum's #1, and was in the top 3 for everyone else (my sister, my dad and myself), so we sent him a big chunk of votes from a couple of phones (though not enough to get him Australian televote points unfortunately - he ended 11th in our televote). We all enjoyed Dami's performance, so we were pretty proud of her second place. Dad was quite a big fan of Azerbaijan and Armenia as well (more specifically, he was a fan of the constant close-up shots of their legs).

The winner was quite controversial - I was thrilled, of course, so I was on one extreme, but on the other, Dad's been ranting all day about how Australia were robbed, it's all political, Ukraine's song was terrible, etc. etc. etc. You know the drill. In between the two extremes, I've managed to bring my mum around to being a fan and putting Jamala in her top 4 after she hated the song at first, while my sister was still kind of annoyed but admitted it was growing on her a lot with every listen.

In the end, I think they liked a good deal more songs than they have in the last couple of years, so it was ultimately a pretty good family watch. Hopefully next year's just as good!

Kairit

My mom was very smug about :pl: getting 3rd in televote. It's still her ultimate favourite. Her top 3 were :pl: :at: and :lv: in the end I think. I'm surprised about :lv: since she hated their song last year. I'm also surprised about my dad's favourite being :se:. But he has heard it a lot on the radio here so maybe it's because he was familiar with it.

Luki

Not my mom, but friends. ^^ This year was the first time I hosted an ESC themed party so we rated each song from 0 to 10. Here are the results:

MvfIWQl.png

In the end we voted for our top 3 which was Ukraine, Australia and Serbia! ^^

r3gg13

Not my mom, but friends. ^^ This year was the first time I hosted an ESC themed party so we rated each song from 0 to 10. Here are the results:

MvfIWQl.png

In the end we voted for our top 3 which was Ukraine, Australia and Serbia! ^^

Can I be friends with your friend, Kikiblanš? Such an awesome name

MyHeartIsYours

My Mum thought they were all absolutely dreadful :lol: I spoke to her on Sunday about it and she said "they were that bad I had to turn it off!" - I reckon it was just an excuse :p

She said they were all out of tune but Croatia and Ukraine were the worst coz they're whalers :p

She loved Mans and Justin tho ;)

IncognitoGH

My mother bless her fell asleep during the voting. I always have to wake her up. She really liked France and Russia.

Top Bottom