Contact us

What's your mum's favorite?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Mums, dads, siblings, spouses/fiancées/partners, grandparents, kids, unenlightened friends, and dachshunds have opinions too. Are any of you in the lucky subset who have gotten any of the folk above to listen to any entries yet?

Brandt

My mom voted for Greece in 2010. The year after she said she must have been out of her mind to vote for an ESC song.

Sorry, I didn't realise it was 2016 related thread.

Jacketh

My Mum doesn't take interest (apart from the UK's selection process) until the Semi Final.

She really liked Joe & Jake tonight, though. Previously, she disliked Fairytale and RLAP, but loved Only Teardrops.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
My Mum liked Mariette last year. Given the lack of opportunity to share music and the like with her this year, I rather fear I won't have much chance to find out! Dad sounded interested when I mentioned Gregorian, but seeing as they're not going, I don't think I'll be able to persuade him to watch this year...

Dessi

My mum, dad, and the rest of the family doesn't have a clue about ESC until april-may. I will return with answers then. :D

MyHeartIsYours

My mum just said to me "who were those two lads singing all out of tune? Dreadful!" I said, "Joe and Jake? They're amazing, my favourites!" She said "oh yeah they'll fit right in at Eurovision!"

:lol:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
My mum's favourite is currently Ireland. By a mile.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well my mum wont hear the songs until eurovision night, but she got well into the UK NF tonight, even if she wont admit it. She was ranking them all. :lol:

01. Bianca
02. Darline
03. Joe & Jake
04. Karl William Lund
05. Mathew James
06. Dulcima

She rolled her eyes when Dulcima started and said she sounded absolutely horrendous and she gives them 2/10 just for showing up, had a look of disgust on her face when Matthew come on stage, Thought Karl's song was ok but didn't go anywhere, thought Joe & Jake had a decent enough song for eurovision and predicted this as the winner because it's catchy. Her favourites were Darline and Bianca though by far, she said she wouldn't rush out and buy either of their songs but happily listen. Bianca got the first place because she thought her performance was better vocally than Darline and that it stood a better chance at esc.

Ringdalen

(Hope this counts)

Everyone I have played Shamppanjataivas (Finland) to have enjoyed it. One of my friends even got hooked on it himself. I would not shut up about it for like 2 weeks, so people close to me know it very well :lol:

I have also played some of my favorite Eurovision songs (mostly Sweden) from this year without telling people (at parties, while playing video games and so on) and the reaction have been mostly good. :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Well my mum wont hear the songs until eurovision night, but she got well into the UK NF tonight, even if she wont admit it. She was ranking them all. :lol:

01. Bianca
02. Darline
03. Joe & Jake
04. Karl William Lund
05. Mathew James
06. Dulcima

She rolled her eyes when Dulcima started and said she sounded absolutely horrendous and she gives them 2/10 just for showing up, had a look of disgust on her face when Matthew come on stage, Thought Karl's song was ok but didn't go anywhere, thought Joe & Jake had a decent enough song for eurovision and predicted this as the winner because it's catchy. Her favourites were Darline and Bianca though by far, she said she wouldn't rush out and buy either of their songs but happily listen. Bianca got the first place because she thought her performance was better vocally than Darline and that it stood a better chance at esc.

OK, I almost completely agree with your Mum as to the rankings... I just swapped Dulcima and Matthew and Bianca and Darline, but both pairs were close! :p

Schlagerman1

My family hasn't heard the Eurovision-songs yet, but as always we will have our annual listening starting around easter and forward. This year it actually is our 10th anniversary! 2007 was the first year, when we just listened to audio, and from 2008 and forward we used different video streaming sites, now only Youtube. Of the ones chosen so far I believe that my mum will really like Cyprus and Belgium, but she can surprise me sometimes, so you never know. :mrgreen:

CPV4931

Every year I am doing a preview listening with my parents the week before the rehearsals start and they often use to like the songs I don´t like and otherwise :-)
But in our NF on Thursday, both favoured Jamie-Lee.

ZoboCamel

Just showed my mum a recap, and while she liked a decent chunk of them, her favourites were #1 Cyprus, #2 Belarus, and #3 Georgia. She's generally a fan of rock and male vocalists, so I think that was showing through here :rolleyes:

She also told me to give an honourable mention to Bosnia and Herzegovina: "The song's okay, I guess, but I really like that building they're in. And the cellist. Oh, and the rapper."

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

01. Bianca
02. Darline
03. Joe & Jake
04. Karl William Lund
05. Mathew James
06. Dulcima

Seems like your Mum has her head screwed on properly and understand very clearly what the good songs were. GJ to your mum!

theditz83

Veteran
I let my mum hear the finalists and AC entries in MF 2016 and her fave by far is I Will Wait by Isa (first time we've agreed since Euphoria). Haven't let her hear any others yet...

DanielLuis

My mom watched the Norwegian NF with me tonight and her favourites were "Afterglow" and "Icebreaker" :D

DaFlo

Banned
My mum won't hear the songs till the show, but right now I think her favorites would be Austria & Hungary.. I dislike both xheat

ParadiseES

I guess my mum would love the Bosnian entry until the rap part scares her. She would probably like Ukraine, Austria and Italy if they keep "Nessun grado di separazione".

My sister would like Latvia and maybe Georgia.

I'm sure my ex-bf loved Xuso's song in Spanish NF and I guess he likes Denmark and he will like Russia and Poland (Margaret).

GermanBango

Once all entries are decided I'm gonna show them to 3-4 friends and my Mom. Been doing this since 2009 and they kinda seem to be oracles or something - They picked the right winner in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. In 2014 they had Conchita on #4 and the Common Linnets on #1 :lol:
I should probably place some bets depending on their taste :geek:

Top Bottom