Contact us

What countries do you think should win in the upcoming years to benefit ESC the most?

Mlyn

Banned
It would be good if ESC went Mediterranean or Central European.... outside the realms of the North and the Red East.....

Verjamem

Eurovision was held only two times on the "real" Balkans and this region have a little "crisis" at this time, so?

lilka

It would be good if ESC went Mediterranean or Central European.... outside the realms of the North and the Red East.....
There's a country with a white-red flag... ;)

Mlyn

Banned
I know, but the CEE countries have no friends nor allies which push them to victory....

greece

I know, but the CEE countries have no friends nor allies which push them to victory....

But if the country with the white-red flag (you can see my flag :lol:) won or :hu: you and :sk: will probably come back and you will be 5-6 in CEE so your block is ready

Mlyn

Banned
Well, we are not the most reliable block, I guess....

Mlyn

Banned
Well, they have more in common..... except for Finland maybe....

but Central European countries are very different from each other in terms of culture, mindset, values and taste

greece

Well, they have more in common..... except for Finland maybe....

but Central European countries are very different from each other in terms of culture, mindset, values and taste

And the Balkan countries have many differences but we are still a powerfull block.
And your Czech with Slovakia haven't got many similarities? Austria and Hungary? So if it is Czech,Slovakia,Austria,Hungary and Poland maybe :pl: is more close to the Soviet one but the others are similar enough

Mlyn

Banned
Hungary and Austria are very different from the rest, because they are non-Slavic but also very different from each other. And Poland is not really close to Czech Republic, maybe closer to Slovakia, but it is overall very conservative and catholic, whereas we are an atheistic society. I for one am very shameless. If I grew up in Poland, I wouldn't have lived that way....

nofuxCZ

Uhm, I don't think we are really THAT different. Austria-Hungary has left some imprint on all of these countries and we indeed share lots of traditions and other cultural things (cuisine etc.). Take our funny central european easter traditions as an example.
I think it's just that CE nations simply don't have the need to vote for each other.

Mlyn

Banned
Austria-Hungary was too big and too diverse and broke up under all their differences..... too many languages. Slavic, Hungarian, Romanic and Germanic languages, how was that supposed to sustain?

It's a shame most of these countries don't know the languages of their neighbours. If you look at former Yugoslavia and Bulgaria or former Soviet Union, they understand each other still very well..... the Northern Germanic languages in Scandinavia, except for Finland, also help tying these countries to each other....

But the cuisine of Central Europe is the best......

greece

But Slovakia and Czech have many similarities aren't they? They were one nation. Also Poland and Slivakia maybe have some similarities.

Anyway even they have or not they can make a block. After all they are neighboors

GRE

There are 9 countries in Central Europe.
4 of them German speaking,4 of them Slavic,and Hungary.
So they could have a strong team if they support one another.

lilka

But Slovakia and Czech have many similarities aren't they? They were one nation. Also Poland and Slivakia maybe have some similarities.

Anyway even they have or not they can make a block. After all they are neighboors

The Polish language is quite similar to Slovak and Czech. I can understand about 70% (or sometimes even more) of what they say.

greece

Basically the main think is that they are neighboors. Greece, Bulgaria and Romania foe example havwn't got any simularities in their language or culture (well maybe some with the Bulgarians but still not many) and we actually speak a language and have a culture very different from the else countries in the Balkan block but we are in.

greece

Also the soviet block the.most powerfull one actually. Lithuania, Estonia and Latvua have other cultrure, Rusdia,Ukraine and Belarus other and Azerbaijan,Armenia and Georgia other. But every year except :az: and :am: they change votes each other

Jim

Maybe it's time for Hungary this year! Also it would be great to have the contest next year in Italy, France or Spain! :)

LoveHate

France, Italy, Spain, UK, Malta, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland. To name a few.

popavapeur

may the best song win, i'd rather see a country win 5times in a row if they have the best song BUT what countries will benefit ESC the most imo are :

France/Italy/Uk/Spain. first : Roma, Paris, London or Madrid sounds kind of "prestigious". A second big five win could finally shut up all the papers saying that ESC is crap and everything we know + light up the fire for the contest in the country (maybe France or Italy deserves it more in that case).

Eastern Country : Belgium, The Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino. Like, we don't really have a bunch of friends like you guys to give us free points but we made it (anyway, the 2nd Place for The Netherlands and the 1st for Austria in 2014 shows that everything is possible- btw hope Belgium won't really win, i'm afraid to see the battle between VRT and RTBF… they showed us that it's possible to make something together as we saw in the jesc but for a bigger show?)

Central one : for the fact and light up the fire too (Czech, Hungary, Slovakia and let's say Poland)

Ones that deserves just because i decided to :D , they don't really need it but i'd like to see them win once : Georgia, Malta, Iceland, Cyprus (+/- Little countries and imo it's a matter of time as these ones already sent good entries in the past, they got the ESC taste, just have to push their game up to win)

Top Bottom