Contact us

Until when Cyprus-Greece will exchange the 12 points as Tradition..???

naticopes

hmm I don't know when will stop this exchange, but I must say that Greece this year deserved 12 points from Cyprus (good song and sung in their language) so you can't blame them ...and so far none of these countries sent really bad songs( the televoters will always give Greece 12 points and the jury gives them 8,10 or 12 points to get an overall of 12 points 50/50 ) But we will se if this will happen anymore :D

Grinch

I don't think it'll stop soon because it's not neighbour voting, it's nation voting like Turkey-Azerbaijan. They're not friends nor neighbour, they're in the same family ;)

And here comes the subjective opinion: Greece is my favorite country, their entries deserve 12 pts & Cyprus might be the most underrated ESC country ever. So I'm ok with that :mrgreen:

Sabiondo

hmm I don't know when will stop this exchange, but I must say that Greece this year deserved 12 points from Cyprus (good song and sung in their language) so you can't blame them ...and so far none of these countries sent really bad songs( the televoters will always give Greece 12 points and the jury gives them 8,10 or 12 points to get an overall of 12 points 50/50 ) But we will se if this will happen anymore :D

Await and See too.. The jury did an wondufull work stoping on allowing Russia get their 12 points from all the Soviet Republics as did that Armenia and Turkey didn't pass the final.. they must do the same in this case ;) So Justice Divine must come soon..¡¡¡

CC92

Await and See too.. The jury did an wondufull work stoping on allowing Russia get their 12 points from all the Soviet Republics as did that Armenia and Turkey didn't pass the final.. they must do the same in this case ;) So Justice Divine must come soon..¡¡¡

When did Russia ever get twelve points from all former soviet republics? And what would be wrong with it if people like it? Armenia and especially Turkey this year had much better songs than that kindergarten crap from Estonia or Malta.

ParadiseES

I can understand the Greek and Cypriot televoters vote for each other, cause they are all the same nation. But juries should make a difference, because not every year their songs are the best. For example, I don't understand the 12 points to Cyprus in 2010 when the group was welsh and had nothing to do with Greek culture....
But anyway, the Greek songs have received many 12 points last years, and not only from Cyprus, so IMO it's not that annoying or unfair, just predictable.

And about Cyprus, I don't care. Cyprus is every year underrated by most ESC countries, so at least they can get some extra points from Greece not to be so underrated, though they still are!

alca

Well since it's only 2 countries that's not a problem... OK they saved us from being last in 1998 but honestly I don't think that receiving a standard-12-points will make any difference. Unless Cyprus is the last one to vote and Greece is the runner up with 10 points behind! :lol:

Sabiondo

When did Russia ever get twelve points from all former soviet republics? And what would be wrong with it if people like it? Armenia and especially Turkey this year had much better songs than that kindergarten crap from Estonia or Malta.

Since 2004 to 2008, when he joined the avalanche of participating countries, Russia always get the 12 of Belarus, Estonia, Lituania, Latvia, Armenia, Georgia (Before the War), and from Ukraine (exepect 2005) sending that they send ala blindness, and many pepole complain about it - (Especially from Westen Europeans countries) about it and cause of by this we now have this jury :lol:

Armenia & Turkey if they had passed again this year, would have broken the 3rd world war :lol: and would have been worse than the Italian victory as a gift :cool:

And if that was applied in these cases, should doing here also, that has during over the lastets 30 years and nobody does anything at recpect xchicken

Last edited:

nikolay_BG

Banned
Well, I like Greece 1998, too, but it can't be more obvious how unfair this practice and those who deny it simply don't want to believe it and are closing their eyes before the facts. We only got Greece's 12 in 2007 'cause there was no Cyprus in the final.

With or without Cyprus in the final, Bulgaria would also be 5th.
I think that in 2007, the greeks would give us 10 and not 12 points if Cyprus was in the final.
The difference after all is 2 points. That 2 points wouldn`t make Bulgaria on 5th or 6th place.
If Greece gave Bulgaria 10 points, Bulgaria would be in 5th place with 155 points. Bulgaria came 5th with 157 ppoints. If Cyprus gave us 12, this points will be 159. Bulgaria would be in 5th place again.
In 2007 Turkey became 4th with 163 points.
And in 2007, Belarus came 6th with 143 points.

Bottom line is that the Greek-Cypriot vote didn`t damage Bulgaria in 2007. Even if Greece gave Bulgaria 10 points and 12 to Cyprus(which that year would be totally deserved, because Cyprus was practically robbed that year).

Sabiondo

Well since it's only 2 countries that's not a problem... OK they saved us from being last in 1998 but honestly I don't think that receiving a standard-12-points will make any difference.

Also gave thanks to hers to saved to be eliminated for 2003 :lol:

CC92

^ Na, this not true. In 2004, 2005 and 2009 (where we know the results, too) when Russia took average placings it got 12 points only once. From 2006-2008 there were in Top3 so high marks are normal/not remarkable especially when a local famous artist like Dima is performing.
The jury was brought back because some western broadcasters could not accept that they will end up low with their weak generic songs if they do not exert themselves and take the competition seriously. This strategy worked well in 2009 (adding up that most of them stepped up their game and improved their entries a lot) but failed the years after because Eastern jurors are not that stupid nor masochistic that they would not know how to counteract.

nikolay_BG

Banned
^ Na, this not true. In 2004, 2005 and 2009 (where we know the results, too) when Russia took average placings it got 12 points only once. From 2006-2008 there were in Top3 so high marks are normal/not remarkable especially when a local famous artist like Dima is performing.
The jury was brought back because some western broadcasters could not accept that they will end up low with their weak generic songs if they do not exert themselves and take the competition seriously. This strategy worked well in 2009 (adding up that most of them stepped up their game and improved their entries a lot) but failed the years after because Eastern jurors are not that stupid nor masochistic that they would not know how to counteract.

I agree with that on 10000%
Ja, das ist die Wahrheit xcheers

GeorgeChali

It's just the politics
You can see the same relationship between SAN MARINO-ITALY
ANDORA-SPAIN(FRANCE)
ALBANIA-ITALY(GREECE)
TURKEY- (AZERBAIJAN)
Yogoslavia countries
Soviet republics

I think that the jury start tovote so we can avoid politics.

Sabiondo

Honestly I never understood why we competed in 2003 after finishing 17th... And I never googled it to find out. :p

Cause only 18 songs was allowed to compited for the next year ( The worst 6 where eliminated) and if don't was by Cyprus, Greece never was take part in 2003 as well with Austria.

GeorgeChali

Well i just saw the videos and i got too angry with the last one...
Why all the people were so @#%$^ when we got 12 points from Cyprus.
Is so difficult to understand that there are politics in esc too!!!
I am happy that Cyprus still gives 12 points because that is mean that we still have a strong bond.
This is happen in all the countries but i cannot understandthe reactionof peoplewith cyprus and greece.....

GeorgeChali

And to give a good example...
If tomorrow i see my brother to sing and he sing horrible... I will vote him because we both are parts of the same familly...

Sabiondo

If tomorrow i see my brother to sing and he sing horrible... I will vote him because we both are parts of the same familly...

And them why the jury don't allowed to Russia get their votes from his own Family - (Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Moldova, the Baltics & viceversa) even the bigest brother sing horrible to help him for example ...

Sabiondo

Well i just saw the videos and i got too angry with the last one...
Why all the people were so @#%$^ when we got 12 points from Cyprus.
Is so difficult to understand that there are politics in esc too!!!
I am happy that Cyprus still gives 12 points because that is mean that we still have a strong bond.
This is happen in all the countries but i cannot understandthe reactionof peoplewith cyprus and greece.....

That wasn't the fault of Loucas to get their 12 points cause was truly justified (Greek roots in the music, Cypriot singer). But the fact that its annoying for all Europe see how Greece get the maximum note from your Brother Nation is too predictable and boring, them others will following the same example and goes on.. the result will be that many small nations like Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia and several others more were withdraw, and manny Euro fans will mourn his loss as important part of the family, because they will never make the finals against that...

Loucas Yiorkas had to hear a big boo from the audience, as these votes will always be seen as unfair unless we have AT LEAST one single year without this embarrasing exchange.

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

So what you're saying is, screw the music and the songs, let's just vote for our dear friends instead. I'm sorry but I cannot agree with that. It's suppose to be a song contest, not a popularity contest.

Top Bottom