Contact us

Until when Cyprus-Greece will exchange the 12 points as Tradition..???

Sabiondo

Every year in the Eurovision song contest, Cyprus gives the maximum 12 points to their neighbour, Greece and Greece do the same when Cyprus are in the final.

Greece votes 2010 (05:23)

Cyprus votes 2010 (7:06)

Cyprus votes 2011

My question his.. when this voting for the best Greek Musicial Market will ends..?? And them they will give 12 points in sincere way to others countries like Sweden, Spain or Poland..??

I don't had nothing against both but its time to break this tradition, at least one time for 2012 :)

Last edited:

nikolay_BG

Banned
Why should they stop? Both of the countries send awesome songs and they deserve 12 points IMO. Specially Cyprus which is one of the most underrated countries. Their own neighbour is Greece and it`s taken away from them. How sad :(
They share the same langauge. the same culture.

*DELETED BY ADMIN - NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS*

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It's common knowledge that Cyprus and Greece vote for each other no matter what. I was hoping that with juries they may end up dropping down the list every now and then but that hasn't happened yet. I get why people would be annoyed by that but unless the juries end up giving low or no points, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

Yamarus

I think it will remain a funny and predictable moment of the voting, like Turkey and Azerbaijan :-D. I wish Cyprus would win one day, I think they're up there with Portugal and Malta as the unluckiest ESC countries ever. Greece isn't anymore, IMO it'll win again very soon.

Sabiondo

Why should they stop? Both of the countries send awesome songs and they deserve 12 points IMO. Specially Cyprus which is one of the most underrated countries. Their own neighbour is Greece and it`s taken away from them. How sad :(
They share the same langauge. the same culture.

But here are years where both didn't deversing gave his 12 points together..

For example, in 1998, Greece was saved to had his first 0 points in the history if Cyprus don't was here, cause Thalassa sucks so hard in Birmingham (Even almost they withdraw from Eurovision almost 7 minutes, because their leader had a heated arguments with the Director of the BBC).

And in 2010, when Cyprus was reprenting by an Welsh Group who don't had nothing to do with Greek Culture and anyway Greece was gave their 12 points undeservedly..¡¡¡

For that they should to make an awards ceremony to see who is the best song category in the Greco-Chiprot in ESC..???? Don't thing..?? :lol:

nikolay_BG

Banned
Well i`m not a cypriot, but I like the song from 1998. Cyprus was very good in 1998 too ;)
As for 2010, all of my greek friends like the cypriot song. It`s a good song after all....

Is it so difficult to understand that they might vote for the songs?

Also Greece sends many cypriots in ESC. Big example is this year - Loucas is a cypriot :)

The existence of this topic proves my theory - Greece is the most hated ESC country. That is very, very sad, because they send very good songs :(

Last edited:

Yamarus

It's not difficult to understand that they'd vote for the songs. What's difficult to understand is that it's almost always the top mark. That's weird, even if it doesn't bother me.

MyHeartIsYours

They shouldnt give 12 points all the time but will continue to do so until we get a better voting system.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The existence of this topic proves my theory - Greece is the most hated ESC country. That is very, very sad, because they send very good songs :(

Gimme a break, Greece is probably the most popular country, have you checked their placings recently?

It's funny that since you liked Greece 1998 it makes sense that Cyprus gave them 12 points when every other country gave it nada. We're not talking about Cyprus voting for Greece, it's aboute the fact that they gave 12 points when it was clearly disliked by pretty much every jury or televote. And if you keep insisting that Cyprus/Greek 12 points are always 100% fair then there is nothing I can say to you cause even the EBU and both countries admitted it but you keep still denying it.

doctormalisimo

Whenever Greece sends a really unpopular song, in English. If Cyprus send a crap song they won't qualify, but Greece will qualify with ANYTHING. So if they send a bad enough song and another country (possibly one with a large disapora living in Cyprus, eg the UK) send a brilliant song, then it could end then.

nikolay_BG

Banned
Gimme a break, Greece is probably the most popular country, have you checked their placings recently?

It's funny that since you liked Greece 1998 it makes sense that Cyprus gave them 12 points when every other country gave it nada. We're not talking about Cyprus voting for Greece, it's aboute the fact that they gave 12 points when it was clearly disliked by pretty much every jury or televote. And if you keep insisting that Cyprus/Greek 12 points are always 100% fair then there is nothing I can say to you cause even the EBU and both countries admitted it but you keep still denying it.

I checked their positions, but I checked their positions when the juries were 100% voting. Greece wasn`t so much "loved" back then. It was honestly robbed. I can say the same for Cyprus too.
Now when we have juries again, the greek positions start to fade.
Aparently the ESC juries wont give Greece a chance even if the world ends.

And yes, the 1998 song was good. I liked it. And I think many cypriots liked it too. Is it that hard to understand that people from one area have similar music tastes? Specially when this people share the same culture and language?

JackBauer

If we do 1998 again with 50/50 cyprus woouldn't give greece 12 points as the cypriot jury's result was revealved for that year:D

But i admit it's very unlikely especially since 2008. If Greece or Cyprus are in the final it's because their song was good enough to gain at least 50 points to be in the semi top ten and therefore it's good enough to have the cypriot/greek jury and televote enough point in the final to receive the 12.

But it could still happen, maybe that if Bulgaria is top 3, and the Cypriot song's not that good it could get only 7 points from the greek jury and the bulgarian song 10 & 10 points.

Yamarus

Greece-to-Cyprus voting tends to be less predictable than Cyprus-to-Greece.

Sabiondo

I checked their positions, but I checked their positions when the juries were 100% voting. Greece wasn`t so much "loved" back then. It was honestly robbed. I can say the same for Cyprus too.
Now when we have juries again, the greek positions start to fade.
Aparently the ESC juries wont give Greece a chance even if the world ends.

And yes, the 1998 song was good. I liked it. And I think many cypriots liked it too. Is it that hard to understand that people from one area have similar music tastes? Specially when this people share the same culture and language?

C'mon Greece was seend better balads than this crap in 1998, just listening it and immediately want to stop instantly hear.

Its just a shame that Cyprus was voted for them ...¡¡¡¡

94ayd

Well, I like Greece 1998, too, but it can't be more obvious how unfair this practice and those who deny it simply don't want to believe it and are closing their eyes before the facts. We only got Greece's 12 in 2007 'cause there was no Cyprus in the final.

CC92

Was not it that in 2010 BBC revealed British Televoting results and Cyprus got four points meanwhile it had an overall score of 15? This would mean that it stopped back then but in 50/50. I am not 100% sure though. But I can live with it, it is like voting for the own country. If this were allowed like in German Bundesvision, I am sure thanks to certain morons living everywhere almost all countries would do it.

Well, I like Greece 1998, too, but it can't be more obvious how unfair this practice and those who deny it simply don't want to believe it and are closing their eyes before the facts. We only got Greece's 12 in 2007 'cause there was no Cyprus in the final.
And you deserved it. :)

Top Bottom