- new single scheduled to be released on 24th Feburary
- one-off concert in London in April

HarryUK

Veteran
A member on Popjustice believes it´s going to be Grace Carter:
- signed to TAP
- new single scheduled to be released on 24th Feburary
- one-off concert in London in April
Grace Carter was rumoured a few years back, and I was seriously on board with that. She has a GORGEOUS discography! Heal Me was one of my most listened to songs in 2019

HarryUK

Veteran
@Mainshow your theory could well be right. Grace released a (since deleted) snippet of the song and people commented 'Eurovision????' and their comments were deleted :eek:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
omg. I would honestly die on the spot if its Grace Carter. 'Heal Me' has become one of my all time favourite songs, I can relate to her story and the lyrics in its sooo soooo much. She would be a great follow up to Sam,

HarryUK

Veteran
I don't like the snippet :( it's 10 seconds granted and the sound seems distorted... but we'll see. May not even be her, but I'm pretty certain it is now.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I don't like it either. :lol: that was shortlived

A-lister

Veteran
I respect your opinion but I will never support the thought of artists like Steps, Sugababes and Ellie Goulding doing Eurovision. It's hard enough to breakthrough the industry as it is without handing this fantastic platform over to someone who quite frankly has had their career already.

There is so much fresh talent in the UK and IMO this is a huge opportunity for them. The other day Warner Music (one of the biggest record labels in the world) said Sam doing Eurovision was one of their best decisions in 2022 and all record labels should be taking note of his success. I'm sure they would be happy to repeat it with another one of their emerging artists if others are worried about it harming careers.

I don't mean it has to be an already known name, but I also don't get why it automatically needs to be a new name either? Eurovision isn't a talent show, sure it's great if countries find new talents to promote, but equally great if they can get an established name onboard, as long as the entry is good.

HarryUK

Veteran
Talking of UK ESC rumours, do you remember when Katy B was heavily rumoured in 2014 with this gorgeous gorgeous song?

Both this & Heal Me by Grace Carter would have been stellar entries

Mainshow

Veteran
Seriously, I don´t know any other song by Katy B but "Crying For No Reason" is absolutely gorgeous and one of the best songs ever released by a British act!

HarryUK

Veteran
Seriously, I don´t know any other song by Katy B but "Crying For No Reason" is absolutely gorgeous and one of the best songs ever released by a British act!
Oh she has a great discography. Katy On A Mission is fab

A-lister

Veteran
Talking of UK ESC rumours, do you remember when Katy B was heavily rumoured in 2014 with this gorgeous gorgeous song?

Both this & Heal Me by Grace Carter would have been stellar entries

Yeah, if only rumors were true... Molly's entry was alright though for UK standards, but Katy B with this song would have been one of the best things UK would have ever sent to the contest!

ChiversLookDivine

Yeah those Grace Carter rumours have been going for a few days now on Twitter and TikTok at least. Might be worth sharing a TikTok with a clear version of that Pick Your Tears Up song:

https://www.tiktok.com/@gracecartermusic/video/7192265259493625093

Grace has been hyped as a choice for a year or two, as a TaP artist she's a natural fit. Pick Your Tears Up may be releasing in 2 weeks but it just doesn't remotely sound like a Eurovision song to me. The hook sounds kinda annoying, and whilst the chorus sounds great and has an amazing vibe, none of it sounds competitive in a song contest and closer to something like Germany's last place in 2022. One for the radio rather than Grace's previous songs which would be extremely strong jury contenders.

The tour date thing sounds convincing but the song just leaves me a bit cold and that alone makes me doubt it's her.

In comparison to the recent Tom Grennan and Freya Ridings releases, "Here", and "Weekends". Obviously neither have any proof of them being a Eurovision entry but in terms of sound both songs are that balance between radio-friendly and being competitive in a song contest (especially as both artists are strong live, especially Freya). I think we're in the right ballpark, someone as big as Grace or Freya is going - I just reckon it will be an upbeat song.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Grace Carter doing a Robin basically, bringing something nowhere near their usual level. How frustrating.

Top Bottom