2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC_Peggy

I am manifesting newer talent like (but not necessarily) Rina… Ellie and Atomic Kitten are past it and unlikely Leigh-Ann would do it.

HarryUK

Veteran
I highly doubt it's Atomic Kitten though. Blasts from the past was very much the BBC approach 10 years ago. Besides, one of Atomic Kitten said they were in Liverpool 'filming something' ahead of Eurovision. I very much doubt that TaP and the BBC would let their prospective act be so vocal about it in January, when they're (probably) planning a March reveal

HarryUK

Veteran
They may be involved somehow - anything from a cameo appearance for BBC viewers as it's in Natasha's hometown to part of the interval perhaps?

DanielLuis

Yeah Ellie wouldn't be new blood but an entry of hers with Calvin Harris would be truly hype. There'd be no one watching the contest who wouldn't know who they are

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yeah I don't think it's Atomic Kitten out of any of them, they said on Insta they were only doing something in the run up to Eurovision. So they're probably part of some local stuff Liverpool council are doing. Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding seem like a massive stretch also tbh. I don't think after 1 successful year some big names are gonna be jumping at it. Personally I think it's gonna be none of them. Rumours for the UK almost never turn out to be true. I bet it's going to be someone new again but with some start of a base behind them like Sam had with Tik Tok.

ESC_Peggy

Yeah Ellie wouldn't be new blood but an entry of hers with Calvin Harris would be truly hype. There'd be no one watching the contest who wouldn't know who they are
It won’t be them but anything like that would still be a step back. The BBC want a record label to invest in an artist and the platform should be for emerging artists not ones 10 years into their career IMO.

It’s hard enough for artists to fully break into the music industry as it is already. Eurovision helped Sam to achieve things that it would normally take new artists years to do, if ever.

Last edited:

ChiversLookDivine

I think it's hilarious that an Atomic Kitten rumour has somehow spread. Doing some filming in Liverpool ahead of the allocation draw (or probably just for a story on The One Show) is meaningless, lots of Liverpool acts including Sonia would almost certainly have done some filming at some point if they haven't already. I can see Liverpool getting lots of acts from the city involved somewhere, you might get Camelphat perform in the village, some reference to the KLF, older acts like the Boo Radleys showing up, tributes to Cilla or Gerry & The Pacemakers or Her's or something.

Before this week I hadn't heard anyone talk about Atomic Kitten in years, they're even less relevant to the UK music scene than Steps, I mean my sister had one of their songs on tape cassette about 6 months before HMV and Woolworths stopped selling them in the early 00's ffs. It is not them.

If it has to be a Liverpool act in Liverpool then Maisie Peters or Banners or somebody would be great. I also saw a Circa Waves rumour on Twitter which I was feeling too.

ChiversLookDivine

I mean they also said this:

Graham Norton confirms he won't host Eurovision 2023

when he didn't confirm or deny anything and was just acting coy during an appearance on This Morning back in September when the BBC weren't ready to announce anything. They don't even name a source for this Rina story, for all we know the Radio Times source was just social media like we've all seen.

It's incredibly unlikely it's Rina but I'm not ever treating the Radio Times as anything more trustworthy than The Sun or Daily Mail.

HarryUK

Veteran

The only DR girl I'll be happy with at ESC! This is a legit bop - if only!!!!

esc87fan

Rylan confirmed on the official ESC podcast that he's not hosting either, he plans to continue commentating with Scott Mills for the semifinals

ESC_Peggy

Rylan was asked about whether the UK artist will be as good as Sam and he said the team are working hard and they will be announced “soon” (but soon could be in March??). One thing he confirmed in a TV Magazine was Sam will very much feature and they will announce something in due course.

Last edited:

DirtyFalcon

My feeling is that it can be Mimi Webb that represents the UK. She was involved in some JESC content with Freya Skye not a long time ago. Maybe she was approached during that time ? I don't know if she has concerts in May or if she denied some rumors already but she would be a great artist for the UK !

ESC_Peggy

My feeling is that it can be Mimi Webb that represents the UK. She was involved in some JESC content with Freya Skye not a long time ago. Maybe she was approached during that time ? I don't know if she has concerts in May or if she denied some rumors already but she would be a great artist for the UK !
Mimi announced a full UK and Europe tour from 11th March to 24th April to support her debut album.

ChiversLookDivine

Whilst I think Mimi Webb is probably the most likely candidate based on what we already know, and where she's performed over the last 7 months - yeah that tour basically shuts her chances down, there's no way they'd cancel a tour of that size. I do remember Sam keeping some European tour dates and then doing PR in those countries, but Mimi has a full schedule. Maybe TaP will keep her for Glasgow 2024.

As much as I'd like it to be a known singer, I'm pretty certain at this point that the UK rep will be somebody that very few of us have even heard of, it'll be a female artist with an uptempo ballad/bop. Also wouldn't be surprised if it's an unexpected genre, I know Sam called for some diversity in our pick, I hope TaP consider some other genres (I'd love some UK house, garage, trip-hop if we don't go conventional pop/rock)

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Apparently they're down to 4 different acts, and it seems like it will be someone female (or maybe non-binary?). There is also a chance they might not even be directly British. They also have been talking with the team behind Ukraines entry. [[LINK]]

Top Bottom