13 3.1%

8 1.9%

12 2.8%

11 2.6%

32 7.6%

• Total voters

Mlyn

Banned
Seems like the UK is really backing up Conchita and totally thrilled about her victory.......

If Azerbaijan or Russia won this year, they would be totally upset and there'd be calls to quit Eurovision. But with Austria winning, I think they are very eager to stay and are poised to win next year.... good luck!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Seems like the UK is really backing up Conchita and totally thrilled about her victory.......

If Azerbaijan or Russia won this year, they would be totally upset and there'd be calls to quit Eurovision. But with Austria winning, I think they are very eager to stay and are poised to win next year.... good luck!

I think Austria's win has sent a message to the BBC, that really anyone can win ESC. Especially with the Netherlands in second, both of which have arguably a worse record in the competition that the UK, as well as less resources available.

HarryUK

Veteran
We love Conchita here, she's been on TV a lot recently and is rumoured to be entering Celebrity Big Brother UK in the late summer

HarryUK

Veteran
She'd be wasted on that show.... she has every chance of a successful career without it! It didn't help Lee Ryan :lol:
I do agree she doesn't need that kind of media coverage but she'd be great either way, and she's not a total twat like Lee Ryan :lol:

Mlyn

Banned
I think Austria's win has sent a message to the BBC, that really anyone can win ESC. Especially with the Netherlands in second, both of which have arguably a worse record in the competition that the UK, as well as less resources available.

Austria has one of the worst records and it even got worse the past decade. Netherlands' last 40 years weren't a success story either. UK is still one of the most successful countries, although the last 12 years have been a disaster. Not only UK picked the wrong songs, which wouldn't be a fair assessment for every year, but mostly for the massive political voting until 2010. Now, it's time to dust yourselves off and get it done! :)

So, this means, no more whining and fingerpointing by the BBC xheya

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm watching it on catch-up right now, and was instantly like "OH OH OH OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!" haha. Can't wait to hear Rise Like A Phoenix in the Rovers later on... ;)

Miracle in the Queen Vic xheat

Sean

Admin
Staff member
10th May 2014 is a date I will remember forever. Performing a song that I believe in, on stage with an incredible band to an audience of approx 180 million!
The staging was immense, the support I’d felt from back home in the UK and in Europe was mind blowing and the connection I felt at that moment was magical. Then the results part, well I guess I’d been so focussed on delivering a good show I’d almost forgotten about that part! Well it’s safe to say we were a little disappointed, but at least we had a massive cake to eat.
So now what? Well now I continue to do what I’ve always done, make music. But now for the first time I have a record label behind me with a mission to make sure the world hears my music! Wow. I couldn’t be more grateful and excited. We have a 2nd single coming out this summer along with my debut album. It’s a lifetime’s dream and a lifetime’s work. I can’t WAIT for you all to hear it.
My work, like my taste in music is diverse so don’t be expecting an album full of songs that sound the same! I’m proud of each and every one of them. So keep an eye/ear out for me over the summer, on the radio and at festivals and shows all over the place and THANK YOU for listening and supporting me this far. Glad to have you apart of the journey.
Molly x

Second single out soon :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's great :D I think this will encourage other high quality BBC Introducing acts to come forward :)

Top Bottom