2010 SF2: SUI - SLO - BUL - NED - CRO
2011 F: SUI - EST - ESP - HUN - FIN
2011 SF1: POL - POR - NOR - SMR - CRO
2011 SF2: NED - CYP - LTV - MCD - ISR

friendless: 66
Big ones: 18
red ones: 29
blue ones: 10

Wow, finally some statistics, which show the "friendless countries" scoring pretty well - it's the bottom 5 placers' list!
Even better with the semifinals... whereas the finals are more of an unhappy event for Big 4 countries so far.

Well, even Ex-YU and Ex-SSR countries are in the list, but always the same: Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia.... so they are actually friendless receiving-wise, but they are still good family members giving-wise.

This I'm with you on. The likes of Russia, Greece, Turkey etc are never likely to score nul points. There's always going to be someone to give them the points to steer clear of the bottom. However, I think the important thing is what happens at the top and to win you need to pick up votes across the board. Having friends can only get you so far.

FilipFromSweden

Haha, you are soo right!

rajo

Although, Semifinal 1 looked like a fair shot for everybody, even for the "friendless", it's again the friendless and the weakest "blockies" who failed

Only Cyprus made it through because of a strong song and maybe with the help of juries and Greece.

The other nine we already knew from last year, also the non-qualifiers.

Yamarus

Although, Semifinal 1 looked like a fair shot for everybody, even for the "friendless", it's again the friendless and the weakest "blockies" who failed

Only Cyprus made it through because of a strong song and maybe with the help of juries and Greece.

I may agree on Switzerland. Otherwise, not.

Montenegro: absolutely dreadful song. I hope he finished last.
San Marino: was never going to go through
Latvia: had an early draw and found itself sandwiched between a certain televote fave (Greece) and a certain jury fave (Albania)
Belgium: weak song, weak singer
Finland: good song and good singer, but with weak potential either with juries and with televote.
Israel: was that even a song???
Austria: possibly denied the final by the juries, but still three minutes of horrible torture IMO. I'm not quite sure it would've past with televote either.

Quite frankly, I thought the best songs went through although Greece, Hungary and Albania may be debatable depending on the point of view.

Mickey

Albania and Hungary were also on your friendless list.

rajo

Albania and Hungary were also on your friendless list.

Sure, but the friendless were in the majority, so it's no big deal. And Hungary and Albania score traditionally better.

Yamarus

Yeah, let's just not look at the actual songs and whine about friendless countries and other kinds of nonsense. It's clear that "Social Network uh uh ohhh!!!!" did not qualify because it was San Marino because it is otherwise the epitomy of good music and good taste.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Yeah, let's just not look at the actual songs and whine about friendless countries and other kinds of nonsense. It's clear that "Social Network uh uh ohhh!!!!" did not qualify because it was San Marino because it is otherwise the epitomy of good music and good taste.

Don't forget the three "master pieces" from Czech Republic..........

rajo

Wow, we are having FIVE friendless in the Finals (Malta, Cyprus, Hungary, Albania, Ireland).......

Will they make in the Top 10 now?

yulara

friendless: 66
Big ones: 18
red ones: 29
blue ones: 10

Wow, finally some statistics, which show the "friendless countries" scoring pretty well - it's the bottom 5 placers' list!

Friendless is 16 countries so an average of 66/16 = 4.125
Big Ones : 4 countries => 18/4 = 4.5

Which one are the bottom 5 placers' list ? ;)

Yamarus

I love that map! Great job by "Der Spiegel".

Bloc voting is certainly an increasing phenomenon in the ESC.

rajo

So:

TOP 5: SWE - RUS - SRB - AZE - ALB
BOT 5: NOR - GBR - HUN - DEN - FRA
BOT 5 SF1: AUT - BEL - LTV - MNE - SMR
BOT 5 SF2: SVK - SLO - BLR - NED - GEO

EdvinasLTU

ethnic composition of Lithuania:
Lithuanians - 84,0 %
Polish - 6,6 %
Russians - 5,4 %
Belarusians - 1,3 %
Ukrainians - 0,6 %
and about 2 % others.
that means about 14 % Russia lovers. Also, Lithuania has a lot of elders, which love Russia. that's why Lithuania votes for Russia every year. In Latvia and Estonia procents are even worse: Latvia - 30 % Russia lovers and Estonia - about 27%. Baltic countries don't like Russia, just Russian imigrants vote for Russia..

and
But I don't see a point in splitting up into small countries, just because there is no religious consent?
Well, Baltic countries existed before soviets too, but during world wars, were occupied by Russia. After 1991, we exist again. :) And it is not religic, it is politic more.

A-lister

Veteran
^
14% Russia lovers?? How did you calculate that? Because I doubt that Poles are "Russia lovers".

A-lister

Veteran
I love that map! Great job by "Der Spiegel".

Bloc voting is certainly an increasing phenomenon in the ESC.

The map looks graphically nice, but nothing to love.

Slovenia is east but Croatia is west?

Slovakia east but Greece, Albania, Cyprus and Israel is west? According to what "logic"?

The map is just not geographically wrong, it seems extremely biased and almost a bit unintelligent.

Top Bottom